Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sasha Weimer
  • 2 Post By nicolthepickle
  • 1 Post By Freestuffrighthere

Thread: Im tired of cleaning lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have family staying with me and they are so messy!!! Ive asked them to clean up after themselves but they manage to just make more of a mess lol. Has anyone else had this problem of "the messy visitors" lol I love my family but my goodness this is tiring.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    toronto166 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had a few families visit with poorly behaved kids....
    • I give them money to stay at a decent nearby hotel.
    • I rent a minivan to take them around town. I use the minivan as my living room to chat and catch up on old times.... the kids are not going anywhere near my collector cars
    • we eat at restaurants to skip the cleanup
    • We cruise on Disney where there are other kids and people to clean up

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    • I rent a minivan to take them around town. I use the minivan as my living room to chat and catch up on old times.... the kids are not going anywhere near my collector cars
    Nice idea, I'm not sure how realistic moneywise that is to most of us.

Sasha--I would start small with one rule like if you make it dirty, clean it up. It depends how old they are.
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

for real or being sarcastic!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

• Being in a hotel/motel room for a week... they have their own private bathroom..... I have mine. So convenient and we save so much time rushing around to see tourist attractions. If they pay more, they can get a better view of the city. Some places even have laundry service. Some switch hotels/motels mid-week to get some variety. If it's large family of 6 or 8 visiting, bathroom planning is a must.
    • Minivan has a flip down TV screen and surround sound.... just like my living room. We save so much time as we talk during the drive and each stop is a tourist attraction. Need a group bathroom stop, I just punch in the nearest Walmart on the GPS. With so many stalls.... there's no waiting or fighting. Large family of 7? Get a 8 passenger Yukon or Suburban. Much easier than follow the leader in multiple cars.
    • Sorry I can't make pirate packs or happy meals. At Montana's, kids are given crayon's to draw on the paper table clothes. Kids love the Gelato stops around town. Kids used to hate being around me (got bored), since I started taking them to family oriented venues.... they now come asking for my time and guidance.
    • Once they are tired of local tourist attractions, we jump on a cruise ship.... the kids just come alive seeing Mickey and his friends. The ships even offer daycare when the parents want a break.
    • when outside their hotel room, I also provide a prepaid cellphone to stay in touch. Recently, I started to also provide a prepaid hotspot so the whole family can keep in touch with home via email or Skype while travelling in the Minivan/SUV.

Compared to other relatives..... I actually get calls each year from visitors and co-workers requesting my time to showcase the city and town when they fly in. Everyone leaves happy. Love playing tour guide.

I guess it depends on the interest of your visitors. My visitors' priority is sightseeing as it is a rare opportunity to travel. They don't want to arrive in a strange place and spend the time in a hotel room or waste the entire week in a family home in suburbs.

And for the original poster..... no mess to cleanup.
    Last edited by xlxo; Mon, Oct 6th, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know it is hard when you have guest over and they don't really take care of your place and make a mess
    toronto166 likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

• Being in a hotel/motel room for a week... they have their own private bathroom..... I have mine. So convenient and we save so much time rushing around to see tourist attractions. If they pay more, they can get a better view of the city. Some places even have laundry service. Some switch hotels/motels mid-week to get some variety. If it's large family of 6 or 8 visiting, bathroom planning is a must.
    • Minivan has a flip down TV screen and surround sound.... just like my living room. We save so much time as we talk during the drive and each stop is a tourist attraction. Need a group bathroom stop, I just punch in the nearest Walmart on the GPS. With so many stalls.... there's no waiting or fighting. Large family of 7? Get a 8 passenger Yukon or Suburban. Much easier than follow the leader in multiple cars.
    • Sorry I can't make pirate packs or happy meals. At Montana's, kids are given crayon's to draw on the paper table clothes. Kids love the Gelato stops around town. Kids used to hate being around me (got bored), since I started taking them to family oriented venues.... they now come asking for my time and guidance.
    • Once they are tired of local tourist attractions, we jump on a cruise ship.... the kids just come alive seeing Mickey and his friends. The ships even offer daycare when the parents want a break.
    • when outside their hotel room, I also provide a prepaid cellphone to stay in touch. Recently, I started to also provide a prepaid hotspot so the whole family can keep in touch with home via email or Skype while travelling in the Minivan/SUV.

Compared to other relatives..... I actually get calls each year from visitors and co-workers requesting my time to showcase the city and town when they fly in. Everyone leaves happy. Love playing tour guide.

I guess it depends on the interest of your visitors. My visitors' priority is sightseeing as it is a rare opportunity to travel. They don't want to arrive in a strange place and spend the time in a hotel room or waste the entire week in a family home in suburbs.

And for the original poster..... no mess to cleanup.
    All this on your dime? No wonder you get requests. No matter how you spin it seems like you are setting yourself up to be taken advantage of. Go to their homes and see if the kids behave like little monsters still.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Thread Information