User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So hard to find shoes !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Same here! I wear size 5 sandals / dress shoes. Boots and casual footwear or sneakers ect I can fit a 6 - 6W. I have such a hard time trying to find size 5.

I order some nice boots online a few months ago and they were so narrow I had to sent them back.
    Have you tried the kids department? Generally a girls shoe size is 2 sizes bigger in ladies(ie a girls size 3 would be a ladies 5), and I find sometimes kids boots are actually wider than ladies.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know this thread is about shoes, but I wanted to post about some awesome boots I have - well, I now have two pairs of these.
    They are mega-comfortably wide, and are great for our weather here on the prairies!
    Two years ago I ordered the chestnut, and last year the sand - because they were only $15.

Now, they are BOGO 1/2 off, along with a few other styles.

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...atId=cat120147

Today is the last day for free shipping, which CAN be combined with the coupon code they offer of 25% off.

The only other place I've ordered footwear online is Sears, and that's because I knew how Tender Tootsies wide sandals fit!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I always have the hardest time finding shoes. I have kind of wide feet and it's impossible to find shoes that are cute, trendy, good quality, or dare I say "designer shoes" that don't hurt or ones that fit properly ! It's like shoe companies think all women have super skinny feet. I don't do on-line shopping. I want to see, feel, try the shoe on before I buy it. Anyone else frustrated? I think I need to make a shoe company for women with wider feet...or just move to a place where it's always warm so I can wear sandals or flip flops every day.
    I like your idea of starting your own shoe company. I mean, if you have that problem, some other woman are probably in your situation as well. I have a co-worker has the same problem, but luckily our office dress code is so casual that she can pretty much wear any shoes she likes, so that doesn't matter, but if she wants something nice, then it is hard to find.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I finally found a pair of winter boots that fit me! Whoot! I take a 9 1/2 in women's which are very difficult to find. There are only two kinds of stores in the city that carry half sizes. I was at the Shoe Company about a month and half ago and found a pair of Columbia boots. I knew I needed a new pair because my old ones are 10-12 years old and the support is wearing out.. sore ankles.

My runners for exercising are also at least 10 years old. Once again the support was wearing.. painful ankles. Yesterday I bought a pair for 20 percent off! The sales lady looked at me like I was nuts for owning exercise runners for that long. Lol

I don't buy shoes that often, and when I do, I hunt for sales and try to buy decent quality so they last me.
    Last edited by toban; Tue, Dec 30th, 2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also have flat and wide feet too, I can never wear those pointy toe shoes.....I stick with old fashion flats and running shoes.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cross-trainers give you sideways support in addition to the forward motion support. Some companies have wider versions but you either have to order online or see if a store that carries wide widths can show you a pair for fit. Like anything, the good shoes are harder to find but when they give your feet the support/comfort/style you want, the $$$ are worth the purchase. Bonus if you get a discount offer too or free shipping!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information