User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So hard to find shoes !

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always have the hardest time finding shoes. I have kind of wide feet and it's impossible to find shoes that are cute, trendy, good quality, or dare I say "designer shoes" that don't hurt or ones that fit properly ! It's like shoe companies think all women have super skinny feet. I don't do on-line shopping. I want to see, feel, try the shoe on before I buy it. Anyone else frustrated? I think I need to make a shoe company for women with wider feet...or just move to a place where it's always warm so I can wear sandals or flip flops every day.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by greeny; Sat, Oct 11th, 2014 at 09:36 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I feel your pain, and my feet are bigger than yours.
    However, I don't wear heels - but that doesn't mean I don't want cute shoes!
    Angela273, Ciel and greeny like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, I feel your pain, and my feet are bigger than yours.
    However, I don't wear heels - but that doesn't mean I don't want cute shoes!
    I don't wear heels often, but when I need to buy a pair, it's such a struggle. I'm having a hard time finding shoes right now for fall...just some nice booties or something. I went to the mall, saw so many cute styles but not even one pair fit me properly. They were all so tight and painful ! Women with slim feet are so lucky.
    Natalka and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

^greeny, have you visited AdditionElle? They may have some footwear in-stock (but I have not checked if they stock W sizes of shoes). Online, wide sizing is possible.
    http://www.additionelle.com/en/natur...fv1=8W&start=1

Naturalizer is about the only mall store outside of an independant shoe store that likely has wide footwear in stock. Don't know the answer to the stylish shoes for wider feet dilemma. Totally understand the fit/feel in the store issue. Payless is very hit and miss unless you can find out which store likely carries W styles routinely in stock.
    Angela273 and greeny like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know how you feel! I have wide foot, but small (usually a size 6 or 7), and I have a high arch. I can find running shoes that fit without issue, but pretty heels? Nope

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Same here! I wear size 5 sandals / dress shoes. Boots and casual footwear or sneakers ect I can fit a 6 - 6W. I have such a hard time trying to find size 5.

I order some nice boots online a few months ago and they were so narrow I had to sent them back.
    greeny likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

yup...its VERY hard to find a sandal in size 5. in a sneaker i take a 6 wide. & ive given up on wearing heels.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hear ya! Been a problem my whole life. Every shoe I've ever owned is painful and I have big feet too. Now I have plantar fasciitis and have to get shoes with certain specifications.

I always thought I was the only woman on the planet who hates shoes.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I hate shoes with a passion. I wear a 7WW. Add arthritis and a high arch to the mix and it is almost impossible to find anything. My chiropodist recommended SAS shoes and that is all I wear.
    Angela273, Ciel and greeny like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wear size 10. My two sisters also wear size 10 shoes. Compared to my older sister, my feet are wide. To add to the matter, I had surgeries on my legs in 2007 for sever DTVs. Ever since, I have worn a thigh high compression stocking on my left leg. So now shoes do not feel the same to both of my feet, particularly because I have one bear foot and one in a compression stocking.

It was very "interesting" to find a pair of white shoes for my wedding that didn't have a big heel on it. My husband is 5'8" tall and I am 5'10" tall, so I didn't want to be even taller than him and I wanted to be comfortable. My favourite pair of black dress shoes died earlier this year and I have been unable to replace them with anything that is even close in comparison. This pair of favourite shoes were purchased from Payless, years ago. Anyway, I am a bridesmaid for a wedding on Halloween this year and I don't even know what black dress shoes I will be wearing! I'm going shopping in Regina again on Saturday, I'm hoping to find something better...with our 2yr old son along for the trip.

Regarding W shoes, I was surprised by the amount of W shoes that I found at Payless in Regina when I went shopping in July.
    Crochetlady, Ciel and greeny like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

And here I thought I was the only woman who hated shoe shopping! I have friends who have racks and racks of shoes in their closets and I am lucky to find anything that's comfortable. I work at a high end financial planning firm and I need to wear dressy shoes (heels) every day. I wear a 7 1/2 but it is hard to find anything with decent width in it...add that to the fact that 5" heels are all I seem to be able to find and it makes for a lot of frustration. I agree with a previous poster that Naturalizer has more variety in widths. I find a pair there yesterday that was perfect but they only had it in purple. All I am asking for are professional looking shoes in black, brown and navy to keep under my desk at work. I feel your pain, greeny!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too have very wide feet. I too should live I. Florida where I can wear sandals all summer long. Plus I need breathable show
    es so that means leather ans as so many shoes...even designer are man made makes it even more difficult. . I did find an awesome pair of Italian leather boots at winners a month or so back that are comfortable and even though they were $150 bucks. You can tell they are very good quality when I showed my neighbour she was oohing and awing over the real leather Smell. I liked all around last year...even in toronto for a pair of low boots last year and couldn't find a single pair no matter the price.. If anyone lives near the border lane Bryant (plus size store) has some nice nice wide width shoes, some even on leather. You would probably have to order them on line and have shipped free to the closest store,k but that would be an option. Thank goodness I don't have to wear heals very often!
    Angela273, Ciel, greeny and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's nice to know I'm not the only female having trouble with shoes. It's such a gift when you find a pair of shoes that you like and are comfortable. I don't understand why companies don't just make a "wider width" option for all their shoes. They are ignoring a huge part of the population with wide feet. I bet men don't have this problem. Seriously, there seems to be so many cute shoes out there but they are all for women with narrow feet. I'm young, I like fashion, and I like wearing trendy clothing...my outfits are always cute, but the shoes are always a problem. Either I have to deal with the pain of wearing shoes that are too narrow for my feet, or I have to spend money on shoes that I don't even like but are forced to buy because I can't fit into anything else.
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel your pain. I had my feet measured and they are 9.5. My right foot is slightly smaller. I take a 9.5 in winter boots, 9 in runners, 9 or 10 in sandals. It's difficult to find 9.5 size winter boots unless I go to a speciality store. Then they end up costing $100.00 or more.A few years ago I bought a pair of Sorel hiking style winter boots (9.5).Wore them around the house they seemed fine. One day I was out, wore them all day, and they starting chafing my heels causing blisters.

My old pair of tall winter boots I've owned 10 years. Bought them at Walmart or Zellers. I'm pretty sure they are a size 10, because without the liner, they would be too big. I've had them fixed twice so I can wear them during the cold weather. I just need a pair of hiking style or lower pair of boots for Spring when it's still cold, but not cold enough for my warm size 10 boots. So maybe I should buy a size 10, find a liner and have them cut to fit the boots lol.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Walking Cradles in the US have W shoes styles. If you sign up for e-news, you'll receive coupon offers or discount codes around holidays for saving on your order. Check Ebay for older styles if that is more budget friendly.
    @toban -older footwear probably is made better. I likely won't be able to wear boots for walking for a long time due to fit issues. But my go-to cross-trainers -it seems each new model gets worse in some way with material/fit/styling issues.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information