User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Went to Buy Flannel Pajamas & Left with 2 Years Worth of Shampoo!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow awesome deal on the shampoo, hopefully that is a sighn that your luck is changing. I would definately talk to a lawyer re the city. that sounds ridiculous to me. Best of luck to you.
    Snow In Summer and oscarandme like this.

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I thought about getting a lawyer but I can't financially afford to hire one right now. This whole ordeal has cost me close to 20K out of pocket to date and I'm still not finished repairing the damage. I'm not going to let it go though. I writing Jim Watson (the Mayor) who's running for reelection at the end of this month. I might mention that the media would have a field day with this story which might change the city's position quickly. If that doesn't work I might take this to small claims court. Nothing about this is fair, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the tips on TP deals and that Winners sometimes carry RUSK. I will definitely checks that out. Oscar Thanks for the offer. I will try and get a little list together tonight of things I ran out of. Hope you all enjoy this beautiful Sunday afternoon with your families! Happy Thanksgiving
    ROMEO, wolfwoman and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Just want to add that this was not just blow financially but complete blow to my health. A week before Xmas 2013 while they moved me back into the house, I was admitted to the ER and stayed overnight. I had complete total loss of vision, my right leg and arm went completely numb ( I couldn't walk or see) and had massive pains in my lower back that had me in tears crying while going through convulsions on the table!

I was diagnosed with very bad case of shingles and I am only 47!!!! The rash came 3 days latter which feels like your skin was burnt off in a fire to the point you can't even wear cloths for over 3 weeks.

The nerve damage this causes to a person is unbelievable. I have been walking with a cane inside my own house for now over 6 months now (as I don't trust myself on the stairs) my leg is still only functioning now at 60%, with chronic pain everyday. Doctors are saying that it may take 3 years for the nerve damage to repair itself (if I'm lucky) and it might not come back fully. I am grateful my eyesight is back 100%. They offered pain killers for my leg which I refused.

Anyone over 45 ask please ask your doctor for this vaccination!!! If you had chicken poxs as a child the virus lives in your body and will show up again in the form of shingles when your immune system is low, or you have been through extreme trauma or stress. The physical damage it does to your body is insane!!! In canada the vaccination is not covered under OHIP but ranges between 150.00 to 180.00 depending on the lab.

I've converted 16 people now to get the vaccination and I'm on a mission to try and inform each and every person I know about it. From someone who has lived through hell from this for the past year and still is ... ((((Just Do It)))) as your body will love you for it.
    ROMEO, walkonby, innaor and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Wow - what an ordeal.... I have two people in my circle of acquaintances that have gone through the trauma of shingles this past year .... one took 4 months off work and then just stayed off ... the other had to be hospitalized because of the open sores on her body and especially her face. I had no idea that shingles was that extreme. I'm so sorry you went through all that. I'll ask my doctor about the vaccine when I am next in to see her

About the insurance stuff - I would send in a letter to the insurance company asking them to pay it and for them to collect from the city - I mean it is someone's fault that it happened the second time. $20,000 of your own outlay is a lot of annual premiums for insurance costs... That's financial hardship having to fork over that kind of money....

On the shampoo - I have never actually noticed the Rusk brand before but I do appreciate the allergic reaction to so many shampoos .... you never really know what kind of fillers they might put in them.... Wonder what it is that makes all the other shampoos not work for you.... My family seem to have the same thing with laundry detergents so I found that Purex works best and I stick with that one ....no idea why the Ivory Snow and the Tide give us all skin rashes...

You sound like a very strong person to have gone through all the stuff you've just gone through -- Keep up the strong spirit
    ROMEO, walkonby, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh snow so sorry for all your troubles -
    my son had shingles at 22 -he was in college-he noticed the ring rash-we got him on the pills not even 24 hours later -if you get on the pills right away it aparenty nips it in the bud-I guess it was stress from college
    -mom had them at 88 around her eyes-got her to the doctors and got pills right away-she was sick for a month thou
    ROMEO, walkonby, Decaf and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Excellent deals! Good way to start fresh. Sorry to hear about you troubles.
    ROMEO and Snow In Summer like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -ahhh snow so sorry for all your troubles -
    my son had shingles at 22 -he was in college-he noticed the ring rash-we got him on the pills not even 24 hours later -if you get on the pills right away it aparenty nips it in the bud-I guess it was stress from college
    -mom had them at 88 around her eyes-got her to the doctors and got pills right away-she was sick for a month thou
    The anti-viral medication for shingles only works 60% of the time on patients and you have start it within 3 days of being diagnosed. I took them for a week and it didn't work. I was talking to my GP again this past week and she said after a shingles attack I can get the vaccination 1 year after (which will be Christmas). My leg is still only at 60% mobility right now which I'm ok with. My eye sight is back 100% which means more to than anything else!!! Get the vaccination folks as you truly don't want this!
    ROMEO, walkonby and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Awesome finds! You don't realize how important your stockpile is until you really need it! My stockpile has kept 13 families (including mine) afloat for the past two years - don't know where I'd be without it!
    walkonby and Snow In Summer like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awesome brag!
    Snow In Summer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about everything that happened to you this past year!! I definitely think you should try and get a lawyer, some will get paid after you get the money! I remember when I was young and my parents basement flooded, the insurance said it was an act of God and that no one on the street would be covered..everyone knew it was the city's water pipes..my Dad got a lawyer, no one else on the street wanted to sue..they thought you couldn't beat the government and the insurance company!!(my parents didn't have money but they knew they were right!!) They won their case and got a lot more money than they thought..good luck!!
    Snow In Summer likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information