User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was surprised at getting a diabetic strips bonus coupon this week from SDM. You can use the points coupon if you purchase the item. You can't if its a prescription. So if you purchase other medical items have your optimum card swiped at pharmacy because other items will be added later with the optimum program.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder then if you are buying them with out a prescription if you can buy them on a 20x the points day and get points. As they are ridicuously expensive ($1 per test strip) that would be an awesome thing for those who don't have a drug plan. Often they say certain diabetic items are excluded but if they are sending out points coupons to people then it would be hard for them to argue you can't buy them and get points. My parents have to buy their needles as they aren't covered so I have convinced my mom to buy them on 20 x points day and or redeem for them on a bonus redemption day. At the very least buy a sdm gift card to get some points before buying strips.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    I wonder then if you are buying them with out a prescription if you can buy them on a 20x the points day and get points. As they are ridicuously expensive ($1 per test strip) that would be an awesome thing for those who don't have a drug plan. Often they say certain diabetic items are excluded but if they are sending out points coupons to people then it would be hard for them to argue you can't buy them and get points. My parents have to buy their needles as they aren't covered so I have convinced my mom to buy them on 20 x points day and or redeem for them on a bonus redemption day. At the very least buy a sdm gift card to get some points before buying strips.
    As long as they are not prescription, and you are just picking them up from behind the counter, then they should qualify. I've bought Feramax and used it with 20x on OTC medication coupon (I realize it's not a 20x day, but it's the same concept).

Thread Information