User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mandolinatou

Thread: Baking my own bread and making my own jelly!!! Too cool for school!

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'd never made fresh bread before for some reason. I'd also never canned anything. I'd wanted to can pasta sauce and jelly for the last three years but I never got around to it. This year I actually made three batches of jelly...and its completely delicious. One of my batches is apple pie jelly its really like apply pie in a jar. One batch of Jelly was totally free thanks to a friend who does not like the concorde grapes growing in their back yard and free sugar I'd gotten a while ago. I also had all the canning equipment on hand. I only purchased lids and apples. As for the bread well my spouse found a giant thing of flour for 8 dollars. I have been eyeing it irritatedly for the last 3 weeks..wondering why my spouse buys things we are unable to store in our kitchen and bathroom (Our mouthwash also is too big for our cabinets)..when I decided to do something about it. How many times have I wanted to make bread or pizza and thought to myself if I do that I won't have any flour left. I have gone crazy. Tomorrow I am making pizzas completely from scratch. I feel so proud and cool. I'm becoming the mom I have always wanted to be and never had. One that makes their own bread, pie crusts, jams, jellys, and pizza. One that gets their kids to help here and there. You know making bread and jam is super easy and if you do it right super cheap.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    coupon girl likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice -that is great you are a cool mom too

Thread Information