User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Vision TV tonight, 9pm, Medically Assisted Dying

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just thought I'd post this, since we did have a discussion somewhere on the subject, but I couldn't find it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    TaraF and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Lynn I will DVR it. I just picked up the recent People magazine with Brittany Maynard on the cover, the 29 year old with brain cancer that will die on November 1. I haven't read it yet but I'm sure I'll cry right through it. I've had the discussion with my Mom a few times as she opposes medically assisted dying as she simply views it as suicide and feels you shouldn't involve another human being into that. Fine. That's her choice. But her opinion has slightly changed since reminding her that I have brain cancer too. And although I hope and pray for the best I also don't know what the future holds for me with this disease. I would like to think that if my cancer got so bad that I would be afforded the choice to either let the disease take me the way it has taken millions of others or the choice to die peacefully and with dignity surrounded by family and friends on my terms. The choice is all I want available to me. When it became more personal to her she seemed to see things differently.

As for Brittany, she will die on the day I have my MRI, I will definitely be thinking of her that day. What a beautiful and courageous woman. To not only make the choice to end her life as she wishes at such a young age, but to fight for the rights of others to do so as well. Especially while dealing with all of this herself.

Name:  cover-768.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  150.0 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Oct 20th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Dear.....Such a tragedy for that young woman; it must be so terribly difficult for her family and friends, such a young age. I know that at 72 my Friend was ready to leave her life behind, and would have done anything for the opportunity to die with dignity, with her family, and slip peacefully away instead of being literally tortured by her disease, ALS. She and I had this conversation even before she became ill, and both of us had agreed that we should all be as kind to each other as human beings as we are to our pets. We release them from their pain, yet we feel that as humans we have to endure and suffer to the end.
    Tara, I hope you're well rid of Horatio and that you'll be kicking him in the back end never to see him again. And that's what we're all praying for. Cancer is a hateful disease, absolutely horrid, and I wish to God a cure can be found and I'm shocked that none has been with all the money that's being poured into research.
    You just continue to take good care of yourself, Sweet-Pea, stay strong, and think positive thoughts, as I know you do...You'll beat this thing!

As for Brittany Maynard, may God bless her and her family and give them all the strength and the faith they need to get through this dreadful time in their lives.

On a side note: I think she alone should have been on the cover of this magazine. Anything else just seems offensive right now....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Just thought I'd post this, since we did have a discussion somewhere on the subject, but I couldn't find it.
    Is this the thread?
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/367505-...uicide-canada/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes, thank you Shwa Girl...I never thought it was in the tea room! I posted the
    show on there, too, in case some people don't visit the health threads here.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yes, thank you Shwa Girl...I never thought it was in the tea room! I posted the
    show on there, too, in case some people don't visit the health threads here.
    Back in the day Sue Rodrigez wanted assisted suicide in BC.
    We also had Dr. Kavorkian (spelling)
    Then I remember this father, who is dying of the same disease as Sue Rodrigez. I remember his view was opposite to Sue. Before he dies, he would like to do random acts of kindness to make other happy. He even wanted to steal a Krispy Kreme truck. He said, they wouldn`t lock up a terminally ill man (with a smile). His daughter is very happy that he is her father.

`Chris Rossati said
    If dying has taught me anything, it`s how to live.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Oct 20th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information