• 3 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By splattergirl
  • 2 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 3 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By greeny

Thread: can I find these japanese curry cups anywhere in Toronto?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I once bought the Nissin curry cup noodles in rice curry flavour on ebay for $32 shipped 6pack but can't find even such a remotely decent deal anymore and these are big and tasty, so I thought maybe someone knows where to get them in Toronto? seems no seller on amazon ships to Canada for some reason?
    thanks in advance!
    I have less than 5 posts so I can't post a picture or link.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Ebay

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have you visited the Sanko store on Queen Street West to see what it stocks? Short of going to J-Town on Steeles or maybe even a T&T store (Cherry St.), Sanko might be your best option.
    http://www.toronto-sanko.com/en/

I know Loblaws stores might carry some Nissin cup products but don't know this curry version personally. Now I want one too!
    torontogal12 and splattergirl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Have you visited the Sanko store on Queen Street West to see what it stocks? Short of going to J-Town on Steeles or maybe even a T&T store (Cherry St.), Sanko might be your best option.

I know Loblaws stores might carry some Nissin cup products but don't know this curry version personally. Now I want one too!
    great idea, haven't been to Sanko this year! and I have to revisit T&T on Cherry st, was there a few months ago but didn't see it then, I was in a rush because they were closing soon so I might have overlooked it - other options are a bit more complicated as we don't drive!
    thank you so much for great tips! my highest recommendation for this product, I love to eat it with a sunny side up egg and it's just awesome!
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pacific Mall has just about everything Asian you could imagine. I used to live close by and used to love going there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Pacific Mall has just about everything Asian you could imagine. I used to live close by and used to love going there.
    thank you - we don't drive so, so far since I have been in Canada (4yrs) I have been there only once but I could go again and at least buy a few of them if I find them
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by splattergirl View Post
    thank you - we don't drive so, so far since I have been in Canada (4yrs) I have been there only once but I could go again and at least buy a few of them if I find them
    I hope you find them there. If not, maybe you will find something else you like? Have fun !
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you for posting this. I go by that store every day on the streetcar but haven't had the time to get off and check it out yet
    http://www.toronto-sanko.com/en/

OP did you try Koreatown? There's the big PAT store there that might have them http://www.patmart.net/pat/. They have other Asian stuff, not just Korean
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Nov 5th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
    Ciel, Decaf and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For T&T Superstore: Trying to recall the TTC route-72-Pape bus? The one that goes to Greektown/Danforth also loops through Cherry St after leaving the Esplanade downtown. You'd have to check the TTC site for routing/times. Grocery store is at 222 Cherry St-it looks to be a little south of where the TTC routing is aka you'll have to walk there from the bus stop.
    http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/en/store_locator.php

TTC says the downtown part of route is now 172 and it goes to Cherry St. Route overlaps with 72-Pape. http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Rou...2_Pape_J14.jsp
    @Toronto gal-I found online that the side of Sanko's store got a pop culture mural. Saw the project video online somewhere during the summer. Very cool art!
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Nov 5th, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greeny I have not tried to take transit to Pacific Mall (went by car with friends a few years ago) from downtown Toronto but so want to see other places along Steeles Ave. E. before PM (isn't there a newish mall opposite Pacific Mall, on south side of Steeles?). I remember there's a small mall next door (east of PM) that had a large grocery store with so many food products. Was just stunned at the varieties of food items for sale. And my friend got me attached to the want-want type of rice crackers that are sweet&salty. Now I get them at Nations Foods in Hamilton when I am there.
    greeny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes it has a very nice mural indeed!
    For T&T Superstore: Trying to recall the TTC route-72-Pape bus? The one that goes to Greektown/Danforth also loops through Cherry St after leaving the Esplanade downtown. You'd have to check the TTC site for routing/times. Grocery store is at 222 Cherry St-it looks to be a little south of where the TTC routing is aka you'll have to walk there from the bus stop.
    http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/en/store_locator.php

TTC says the downtown part of route is now 172 and it goes to Cherry St. Route overlaps with 72-Pape. http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Rou...2_Pape_J14.jsp
    @Torontogal-I found online that the side of Sanko's store got a pop culture mural. Saw the project video online somewhere during the summer. Very cool art!
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@greeny I have not tried to take transit to Pacific Mall (went by car with friends a few years ago) from downtown Toronto but so want to see other places along Steeles Ave. E. before PM (isn't there a newish mall opposite Pacific Mall, on south side of Steeles?). I remember there's a small mall next door (east of PM) that had a large grocery store with so many food products. Was just stunned at the varieties of food items for sale. And my friend got me attached to the want-want type of rice crackers that are sweet&salty. Now I get them at Nations Foods in Hamilton when I am there.
    It's been a few years since I've been to PM. I'm not sure about anything new being built but there are a lot of Asian markets along Steeles traveling all the way down into Markham.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Whoa! I've never tried the Mama Pad Thai noodles (will try and find it next time I am shopping). I am addicted to Mama Tom Yum noodles...they are so bad for my health but taste so good.

@ OP: Amazon is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced.
    Last edited by Decaf; Thu, Nov 20th, 2014 at 12:06 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I go by that store every day on the streetcar but haven't had the time to get off and check it out yet

OP did you try Koreatown? There's the big PAT store there that might have them http://www.patmart.net/pat/. They have other Asian stuff, not just Korean
    I check over there a few times a year, the selection varies. never saw this rice but sometimes, last time, like a year and a half ago? they had nissin curry ramen which is excellent.

Thread Information