User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dreamcatcher1962
  • 1 Post By padyofurniture

Thread: questions about medical bracelets ?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i found several sites where they sell very pretty ones but i'm not so sure that being pretty is the thing to look for concerning medical bracelet , i'm affraid the paredics won't notice it is a medial bracelet

so....

i'd like to know what to look for when purchasing a medical bracelet and wich compagny is the best ( quality, service, etc...)
    i'm looking for one that doesn't require to pay annual fees and that can't be scanned with a smart phone

again, thank you so much for your help
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sears only lists one bracelet but wow, over $500 for it!
    http://www.sears.ca/stores/shop/sear...nalSearch=true

Medic Alert's selection has affordable options.
    http://www.medicalert.org/product/catalog/medical-ids

Have you looked at jewellery stores or checked if pharmacies might sell similar items? Not sure where' you'd get the engraving done-at mall store or through jeweller's business.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know someone who bought a regular bracelet at a jewelry store, had the medical insignia engraved on the front, with her medical condition underneath.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had a medic alert bracelet for about 20 years. It was purchased by my grandmother and I've never paid an annual fee in all that time. According to their FAQ, they may no longer have me on file. Thankfully, it's never been put to the test.

IIRC, Walmart had some generic ones at their pharmacy. Would do if you had one of the basic problems, like penicillin allergy.
    Last edited by padyofurniture; Mon, Oct 27th, 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    I've had a medic alert bracelet for about 20 years. It was purchased by my grandmother and I've never paid an annual fee in all that time. According to their FAQ, they may no longer have me on file. Thankfully, it's never been put to the test.

IIRC, Walmart had some generic ones at their pharmacy. Would do if you had one of the basic problems, like penicillin allergy.

We got a Medic Alert for our dd 14 years ago and don't pay an annual fee as at that time when we signed up for her you were only required to pay a one time fee. We have since then had to update her account and each time you do that you are charged $15. I would suggest you go online and check your account to make sure all your info is current. You should still be in their system.

Like you , thankfully we have never had to use the service but have peace of mind knowing that she has the coverage if it is ever needed.

To the OP, just a word of warning regarding medical bracelets that you buy at jewelry stores/
    They may be "pretty" BUT , if you are thinking of having the back of it engraved with your type of medical condition, ie: drug allergy , Epilepsy or whatever , you are likely to run into a problem getting anyone to engrave it.
    I tried that years ago for dd and anyone I asked about doing the engraving refused to do it.
    Last edited by dreamcatcher1962; Thu, Nov 6th, 2014 at 07:07 AM.
    padyofurniture likes this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info!

I think the only things that have changed in all that time are my address and my contact person, as my grandmother has passed on. No new medical issues since then.
    dreamcatcher1962 likes this.

Thread Information