User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Owl

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, this is not exactly a rant, but I couldn't think of any other place to post it, so I decided to post it here.
    So, this morning I was awaken by a group of barking crows, and I thought they were at my neigbour's yard, so I decided not to bother, but a few hours later, I decided to go to the front yard to do some gardening, I noticed that they were still there barking. I decided to investigate, lo and be hold, there was a large white owl standing on my tree surounded by a group of barking crows. I was a little scared because I remember someone told me before that if you see an owl in daylight, it could mean that someone you know is going to die soon. I am in the city, so it is not that often we see an owl. I am just wondering if you have any personal experience with owl and omens (good or bad). I am a little worried.

I am not all that superstitious, but I remember I was attacked by a crow on broad daylight once, and then 2 months later, I went travelling and I was robbed on transit that left me deperate for a while because I lost money and other stuff, had headaches and felt volunerable.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Owl is just looking for food that's good eating vermin like mice.Crow attack is just because you were in it's territory or near it's young nothing to do with being robbed.
    abbasgirl, CrazyQT, lecale and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's tons of little critters running around right now, the owl is just trying to fill it's tummy. That's so cool that you saw one.

CrazyQT and lecale like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I grew up in the country, its not completely uncommon to see an owl during the day, especially if they are hunting food.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I live in the country (like SpringBreeze). And we see owls in the daylight occasionally.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't believe in superstitions and definitely not omens. It's just an owl in the daylight.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Love owls. They eat all the mice around my place. In the winter, there is a snowy owl that hangs around in my trees. The only time I have had a problem with one is when I was trying to sleep and he was sitting outside my bedroom window hooting his fool head off. Had to go outside and chase him off.
    Natalka, GoJays, lecale and 3 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Oh my I would have run after owl! Last week, I was after a pigeon; so much fun to troll them; run slowing and then after them heheh
    Natalka and lecale like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Owls are so beautiful. I love them.
    Natalka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Oh my I would have run after owl! Last week, I was after a pigeon; so much fun to troll them; run slowing and then after them heheh
    Yeah, I thought that was fun as a kid then one bird dropped a big thank you on my head. Mom swears it was on purpose. Always wear a hat when bird chasing.
    lecale, toronto166 and Arvilish like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Another owl fan here.

I used to live near a KFC and owls would fly round there all the time after the discarded food.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Love how a rant turned into an owl love-in. Owl lover here, too!

My fave owl story - we were visiting my Mom in my home city at Christmas one year, and after the big Christmas Eve supper and visiting, my husband and I went for a walk. It was a cold, clear night, really beautiful out, though - so we went down the block to where there is a city greenhouse. They have blocks of trees - you can't go in the compound, but the trees are all alongside the street.
    We were walking by, strolling slowly and talking - and WHO, WHO? came out, so sweetly. I answered back, and it answered me. Kept this up til we could find it, and this huge, gorgeous owl was way atop of this tree - we must have kept up out who-whoing for 20 minutes, it was so much fun!

There are just so many different kinds - from stern to freaky to oh-so-cute!

northern saw whet owl

--time to head to the awwwww thread!
    abbasgirl, lecale, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG. I love owls. I means owls are usually on the good side in movies right, so I always felt that they are good. And actually they are super cute when you see one in real life.
    Durham Couponer likes this.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information