• 2 Post By annedougherty
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Mia001
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Dan in Canada

Thread: Canada post raising cost effect on Online shopping :-(((

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

as an online chopper, i try to reduce the shipping cost at its minimun ....lately, i noticed some huge changes in the chipping fees on some of my favorites online stores

Nailpolish Canada who used to offer Free shipping for Canadian now required a $25 minimun to have Free shipping
    Marcelle Canada who used to offer Free shipping for Canadian now required a $50 minimun to have Free shipping
    Amazone Canada who used to offer Free shipping on $25 + Canadian now have no longer Free shipping offer

those are the ones i noticed so far.....might be more on the list to come.....

very sad for people who prefer to shop quietly in the confort of their home instead of in the Frenzy of stressfull malls
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    lecale and awalkman like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

nail polish canada had a $25 minimum for quite some time before. The free shipping was a promo, that just happen to last a long time lol
    FallenPixels and Ciel like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Is this CP raising the shipping costs or the stores doing this?
    Mia001 and Ciel like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It seems to be the stores setting a minimum spend before free shipping is an option. Or in Amazon's case, find the option before you commit to the order.
    I'm looking at contests with Amazon gift cards as I'm keen to get in on the shopping deals other SCers have mentioned as well as buy a book or two!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    in my mind , the stores afforded free or close to free shipping because of the low CP shipping cost and now they (CP) raised their cost ...so did the stores...just what i noticed recently.....this was just MHO

i might be wrong
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. i'm all with CP empoyees and i told them at my PO.....my PO is now half the size it used to be and they cut services, people wait longer in line....not CP employees fault....we still have mail and parcels but there are less CP people to take care of it
    walkonby likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You may be right them Mia. Everything is going up everywhere!! getting tougher to find deals to have things mailed to us.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Cp has to recover costs from dwindling mail and paperless billing obviously but they do own purolator. While these are two separate companies I'm sure their bottom line isn't too bad. I'm sure as a corporation online shopping has been a godsend for them. During postal strikes purolator was booming to the point of renting trucks and hiring brokers to handle the volume.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    as an online chopper, i try to reduce the shipping cost at its minimun ....lately, i noticed some huge changes in the chipping fees on some of my favorites online stores

Nailpolish Canada who used to offer Free shipping for Canadian now required a $25 minimun to have Free shipping
    Marcelle Canada who used to offer Free shipping for Canadian now required a $50 minimun to have Free shipping
    Amazone Canada who used to offer Free shipping on $25 + Canadian now have no longer Free shipping offer

those are the ones i noticed so far.....might be more on the list to come.....

very sad for people who prefer to shop quietly in the confort of their home instead of in the Frenzy of stressfull malls
    Prediction: free shipping will be offered
    1. during Black Friday/Cyber Monday
    2. during large shopping holiday times - like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day
    3. when the store sales are low and stores want to boost sales
    4. when a competitor offers limited free shipping
    5. when a lot of people contact their favourite companies and tell them they miss free shipping

Strategy:
    Wait for free shipping days and stock up

Just a prediction. Dont' know for sure. But they seem to do this kind of thing a lot
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Oct 26th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
    walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recently wrote a full post on how Canadians can save big on all shipping charges. If you live at/near the US border it may be worth your while to use a shipping outlet. Full details here: http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com/how-c...ine-purchases/
    terry2144 likes this.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Not necessarily Canada Post, because companies don't always go with Canada Post as their preferred shipper.

With whatever parcel company they go with, they negotiate much better rates depending on the number of parcels they'll guarantee to ship.

Thread Information