User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: Touch of Philadelphia Shredded Cheese - Mexican

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I bought this yesterday as we were making chicken quesadillas for supper, and some nachos too. On sale for $6.99, and had a $1 coupon. I don't normally buy shredded cheese, just do it myself, but was low on cheese and none was on sale for a suitable price.

My opinion - meh. It was OK, nothing special, didn't really taste anything spicy in it, and nothing that made it creamier than other cheese, the cream cheese did not make a difference IMO. Thought the seasoning part was because the quesadillas already had homemade taco seasoning and salsa in them, but I tried it again on the toast with my poached eggs this morning. Tastes like regular cheese to me.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I tried the garlic and herbs and melted it down to spread on bread and it was decent. But somehow I feel that if you just froze and shredded some cream cheese into your regular shredded cheese and added flavorings, you'd get the same effect.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's good to know the Mexican isn't too spicy, though.

I don't use this, but give my coupons to my son, who is a cheese nut.

Since he just cooks for himself, he tends to do all-in-one-pan meals, so he really likes the Philly shredded cheese. He'll cook up some sausages or other meat, adds lots of veggies, then likes to make a sauce with the Philly. Otherwise he adds regular cheese, then some sour cream or dip to make it creamier.

Thread Information