User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Walmart adds lines to coupon policy!!!!

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Interesting.. I have been using 10+ coupons each transaction at WallyWorld here and haven't had any trouble... THanks for the heads up though

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for advising us of this!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I can only now relate because of the nearest town I live to - Barrie - is HORRIBLE with couponers. We have a very large amount of couponers in the area and quite a few of them are greedy and have no morals. I've heard from CSM's there about customers buying large quantities of items, getting it free with coupons and then returning the items without receipts or even with and getting tons of money back they never paid out in the first place. Honestly, who has time for that kind of thing?!

I can understand limiting price matches and coupons but some Walmarts I've been to have really made me shake my head. The problem is all Walmarts need ONE policy, a clearcut policy that is easy to follow and so everyone - customers, cashiers, CSM's, etc are all on the same page and there are no grey areas. I've recently been limited 6 coupons per transaction no matter what the coupons are for. So if I wanted to buy 20 items lets say and I have 7 different coupons then I will be refused despite the coupons all being for different items. That I think is ridiculous because most people who coupon can easily use 7 or a few more in one normal grocery shop.

As well though in my area I think people think "shelf clearing" isn't really shelf clearing if you leave 2 of a item there. Its still shelf clearing!! It makes it frustrating for those of us who legitimately only want two - four of an item because its a price match.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I would talk to your store manager to discuss the situation and explain your point like you did here... I have found that some csm's like to make there own limits. They can't be punishing the good for the bad.... instead they need to really crack down on the real problem, give it a try you may get a different response .
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I can only now relate because of the nearest town I live to - Barrie - is HORRIBLE with couponers. We have a very large amount of couponers in the area and quite a few of them are greedy and have no morals. I've heard from CSM's there about customers buying large quantities of items, getting it free with coupons and then returning the items without receipts or even with and getting tons of money back they never paid out in the first place. Honestly, who has time for that kind of thing?!

I can understand limiting price matches and coupons but some Walmarts I've been to have really made me shake my head. The problem is all Walmarts need ONE policy, a clearcut policy that is easy to follow and so everyone - customers, cashiers, CSM's, etc are all on the same page and there are no grey areas. I've recently been limited 6 coupons per transaction no matter what the coupons are for. So if I wanted to buy 20 items lets say and I have 7 different coupons then I will be refused despite the coupons all being for different items. That I think is ridiculous because most people who coupon can easily use 7 or a few more in one normal grocery shop.

As well though in my area I think people think "shelf clearing" isn't really shelf clearing if you leave 2 of a item there. Its still shelf clearing!! It makes it frustrating for those of us who legitimately only want two - four of an item because its a price match.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    I would talk to your store manager to discuss the situation and explain your point like you did here... I have found that some csm's like to make there own limits. They can't be punishing the good for the bad.... instead they need to really crack down on the real problem, give it a try you may get a different response .
    Yeah I have in these circumstances and the assistant managers/ rare time I get the store manager are generally on the same page and may actually be rude to me. I was shocked at this with the first store but after another two were claiming the same thing and the assistant managers/CSM's had anything but a shred of customer service I know to always expect trouble from now on.

I've actually been refused many times to speak to the store managers by CSM's/Assistant managers sighting anything from "He/She will just say the same thing" "They are too busy for you" "They are in a meeting", etc, etc, etc, the list really goes on of the excuses I get. I've had managers laugh at me too when I've politely insisted on speaking with the store manager and wouldn't mind waiting only for them to actually get there and treat me the same if not worse.

Suffice to say my experience with Walmart hasn't been that positive as of late but what choice do I get when they are the only ones who really price match anything further then 10 minute drive (cough No Frills cough).
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Oh I have not step in a Walmart for months; may be a year now! Too much of a problematic place for my brain to handle!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have read all replies line by line, and it makes me feel better now. I had the worst experience ever today by doing PM at no frills. The store I went is usually ok with pm or coupons, but the cashier today was so rude to me. Even a guy behind me was also very rude to me since he thinks i am holding the line. I was being very polite and very helpful to the cashier trying to save her time. I also avoided the busiest time today, instead I went there 30min before store closes. I felt really embarrassed and bad tonight after my experience there. But after I read ppl's similar experience here, I feel I am not alone.
    vjjam and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting. Definitely good to know.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I went in last night and used 7 benylin coupons. They were from a tear pad I couldn't remember where from but the cashier asked where I got them because she needed to write it on them. I thought that was strange I said there not store specific and she said I know but we need to right which store you got them in on the coupon. I said zehrs as that is where I get most tear pad coupons it caught me of guard though as Ive never been asked that before lol. They were a lot pickier about the coupons last night then they have ever been. Although I will say price matching was a breeze

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Well...I am going to Preston Crossing Walmart tomorrow for few things; lets hope I come out alive with brain!

(hateThisLocation! NoChoice!)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beecameron View Post
    I went in last night and used 7 benylin coupons. They were from a tear pad I couldn't remember where from but the cashier asked where I got them because she needed to write it on them. I thought that was strange I said there not store specific and she said I know but we need to right which store you got them in on the coupon. I said zehrs as that is where I get most tear pad coupons it caught me of guard though as Ive never been asked that before lol. They were a lot pickier about the coupons last night then they have ever been. Although I will say price matching was a breeze
    That is the most ridiculous policy ever, I often grab coupons that I have months later, no way I would remember where I got them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Well...I am going to Preston Crossing Walmart tomorrow for few things; lets hope I come out alive with brain!

(hateThisLocation! NoChoice!)

This is ME after todays visit at WalMart Preston Crossing aka shtiest, ^&$*% store in the entire world!
    Name:  drunk-meme-52262359225.png
Views: 532
Size:  42.8 KB

I wanted to price match & buy that two oral b kiddy toothbrush and use $20 coupons! Everything was fine until cashier finds out the I will be getting it for free, she got pissed off, called supervisor, who called manager! Here are some of the comments! [Cashier=C, Supervisor=S, and Manager=M)

C: you cannot get that for free!
    Me: Why not?
    C: you cannot price match and use coupon!
    Me: I am sure I can!
    C: No! Are you over 18
    Me: ??? [I am 22]
    S: You have to buy these two [pointing finger at coupon]
    Me: It says any except for vitality
    M: you cannot price match this item, its not exact!
    Me: Here, its same!
    All three talk to each other!
    [repeat for 35 minutes)

I gave up and left!

Hey at least I got it for 7 dollars at Target [surprised]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    This is ME after todays visit at WalMart Preston Crossing aka shtiest, ^&$*% store in the entire world!
    Name:  drunk-meme-52262359225.png
Views: 532
Size:  42.8 KB

I wanted to price match & buy that two oral b kiddy toothbrush and use $20 coupons! Everything was fine until cashier finds out the I will be getting it for free, she got pissed off, called supervisor, who called manager! Here are some of the comments! [Cashier=C, Supervisor=S, and Manager=M)

C: you cannot get that for free!
    Me: Why not?
    C: you cannot price match and use coupon!
    Me: I am sure I can!
    C: No! Are you over 18
    Me: ??? [I am 22]
    S: You have to buy these two [pointing finger at coupon]
    Me: It says any except for vitality
    M: you cannot price match this item, its not exact!
    Me: Here, its same!
    All three talk to each other!
    [repeat for 35 minutes)

I gave up and left!

Hey at least I got it for 7 dollars at Target [surprised]
    Why are they asking you if you are over 18? I don't recall Walmart selling tobaccos or beer....lol...that was such a random question

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

I'm not surprising that Cashier don't let anybody take items for free...... I was denied 3 times at my WM when they found that items are free after the price match and coupon.... Well usually is the same manager/supervisor in turn. That last time her answer was:

"I don't have to anybody take a trip to Calgary, Nova Scotia, or wherever place to check if the price on flyer or website is correct"
    I think myself that they just can get that online or making a call....
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Now a day...price match & coupon are not as easy as before anymore...most of the cashiers just gave you really bad attitude as if you are beggar...Loblaws are the worse when using coupons and special when you are getting the items for free after coupon. Coupon total exceeding $10 dollars value will need authorization from their supervisor, always end up jamming the check out line because of waiting for the supervisor and make you look bad...
    leymi15 and Shortay like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information