User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: My awesome shopping trip yesterday :)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This week i got a personalized sdm coupon of "8000 pts wus food and snacks". This is my the mostest favouritest () coupon but I didnt need a lot of stuff this week and i didnt want to buy "filler items" to reach $30.00 so i decided to buy some things for the next week too. And now i dont have to worry about basic necessities untill 15th Nov.

So here is what i got:

2 large eggs
    2 milk jugs (800 pts on the first one with sdm coupon)
    4 d'italiano breads. DH loves this bread and i was going to buy 3 breads but then there were 3 breads had $1.00 managers sticker on them so i decided to buy another one without the sticker. Long story short, i bought 4 breads for less than the price of 3 breads.
    4 cokes
    2 kellogs morning shakes. I had a BOGO coupon from special k tote bag for these shakes. The beautition at sdm didnt know how to process a BOGO coupon so she put it as a coupon 2001. Dont know if it went in my favour or did i lose some cents in tax...
    1 vichy moisturizer. I havent used this moisturizer before but i needed one badly and the beautition at sdm got me vichy one at clearance.
    1 nail polish. (That was a filler item) .

oh... And i didnt forget to buy $50.00 GC to get 500 pts..
    So in total i got 9390+ 500=9890 pts AND a gift card. OMG i loveeeeee sdm. I dont understand why didnt i join optimum program+ smartcanucks as soon as i came here in Canada.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You had a really good shopping trip and that coupon for food and snack is my fave too. Thanks for sharing!
    amira84 and Poobah like this.
    frugal VS greedy

josask
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well done!
    amira84 and Poobah like this.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

amira84, awesome shopping experience @ Shoppers. Love the 8,000 points coupon ~ that equals $10.00 on a redemption I had that personalized coupon also this week I included the Kellogg morning shakes with my purchases also this week. Plus used the coupon B1G1F, plus my cashier used 2001 as code too. LOL
    Thanks for sharing your brag and the pictures
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Woot Woot

Yeep, great. I too made out like a bandit on sunday. Also in love with the 8000 / $30 Food and Snack coupon. It just as good or better then the 18500 / $75 and way easier to hit.

I was also able to use my 20x coupons at the same time as the 8000 / 30 (but I only bought 4 bags of cookies.. how many cookies does one really need.) Bought Laundry Detergent for 1.99 and Earned 2000 points on 3.99 bathroom tissue.

What's not to love about Shoppers?

Oh snap, And I also managed to get to 50 without the filler to earn the 10 dollar gift card.
    Last edited by Poobah; Tue, Oct 28th, 2014 at 06:32 PM.
    free*is*best, kimijeen and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Nicely done. Love the bogo on shakes. I am locked out of my email. Have to see if I can log in and change it. I miss my personal offers.
    Durham Couponer and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by free*is*best View Post
    amira84, awesome shopping experience @ Shoppers. Love the 8,000 points coupon ~ that equals $10.00 on a redemption I had that personalized coupon also this week I included the Kellogg morning shakes with my purchases also this week. Plus used the coupon B1G1F, plus my cashier used 2001 as code too. LOL
    Thanks for sharing your brag and the pictures

Then this means that our shopping trips were almost the same. Hurray for you too! Lol
    free*is*best likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Woot Woot

Yeep, great. I too made out like a bandit on sunday. Also in love with the 8000 / $30 Food and Snack coupon. It just as good or better then the 18500 / $75 and way easier to hit.

I was also able to use my 20x coupons at the same time as the 8000 / 30 (but I only bought 4 bags of cookies.. how many cookies does one really need.) Bought Laundry Detergent for 1.99 and Earned 2000 points on 3.99 bathroom tissue.

What's not to love about Shoppers?

Oh snap, And I also managed to get to 50 without the filler to earn the 10 dollar gift card.

Really poobah? You got in on a wus $50.00 deal? Lol. I thought you only LOVED WUS $75.00 promo. Hahaha. But good for you to get so many points and the gift card.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks everyone for liking and commenting on my post.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Nice shopping Amira! I also got the 8000 pts WUS $30 on Food Snacks .... fav coupon also ..... I did it on Saturday so missed the Sun/Mon Specials like you got. My DS has also developed an addiction to those Special K Chocolate Shakes --- didn't have the B1G1 free but at least it was $5.99 rather than $7.99 -- and I got points for it

Thanks for sharing your terrific shop!
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Then this means that our shopping trips were almost the same. Hurray for you too! Lol
    Yes our shopping trips were very similar.
    Plus forgot to say I too got the $10.00 promo gift card for spending $50.00.
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is awesome amira84, I know right about joining SDM before...we were the same here and DH (dear husband) would always say they are too expensive, never good sales and just forget it until I met Smartcanucks it just was not on the radar and then I started to read the brags and I have to admit -it took a long time to start making sense but when it did...you never look back.. Once you start planning the SDM way with coupons, sales offers and promos and see I forgot about the GC GET 500 POINTS, it all adds up and stay on top of those free points like the 4000 lately free points when updating profile, those help allot too. Well done...This will not be your last brag from SDM I'm sure. Well done, thanks for sharing and photos too...well done.
    Durham Couponer and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    That is awesome amira84, I know right about joining SDM before...we were the same here and DH (dear husband) would always say they are too expensive, never good sales and just forget it until I met Smartcanucks it just was not on the radar and then I started to read the brags and I have to admit -it took a long time to start making sense but when it did...you never look back.. Once you start planning the SDM way with coupons, sales offers and promos and see I forgot about the GC GET 500 POINTS, it all adds up and stay on top of those free points like the 4000 lately free points when updating profile, those help allot too. Well done...This will not be your last brag from SDM I'm sure. Well done, thanks for sharing and photos too...well done.

Thank you so much oscarand me for your nice words. And as i was reading your post i realized that there is always a story behind every event, so why not we share about how we used to think what sdm prices were like and how did we get into the optimum program. Or if there is a thread like the one i am talking about, plz tellme. I want to read all the interesting stories.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Nice shopping Amira! I also got the 8000 pts WUS $30 on Food Snacks .... fav coupon also ..... I did it on Saturday so missed the Sun/Mon Specials like you got. My DS has also developed an addiction to those Special K Chocolate Shakes --- didn't have the B1G1 free but at least it was $5.99 rather than $7.99 -- and I got points for it

Thanks for sharing your terrific shop!

Oh my! I guess a lot of SCers got this favourite coupon this week. Awesome for us! Buying groceries and getting atleast 33% in points is so cool! Good job for you too!
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh yes here is the link for the SDM thread:http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/shoppers-drug-mart/ -this is the forum for questions and answers but I learned allot here and of course the bragging section because by kind members sharing their brags and photos, I am very visual and the questions and answers are followed-up as well, lots to learn from brags. One thing I wanted to mention, there is allot of debate to save points for big redemptions or not. My opinion and my husbands' save..because those big redemption promotions you can get even more free money from the free points...but read -read-read and you know momi and a few other members are experts on SC.. I am still learning too but that much I do know, for our family it is better to save points. You can get holiday gifts and birthday gifts for free. The gift that keeps on giving. Happy learning. I didn't get that coupon this week, you lucky ducks...(lol).
    Last edited by oscarandme; Wed, Oct 29th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information