User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Freestuffrighthere
  • 1 Post By d.ot

Thread: Frustration

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am just frustrated with my career right now . I wanted to move up with my career, but my boss is giving me not so good reference (saying some ok things like how I do my job well, but some negative things such as I am not the smartest) (I found out because the interviewer gave me a lecutre on how to improve my relationship with my boss!! I was like what????? Are you kidding me??? of course I didn't say anything other than ok, but I think the interviewer could tell my facial expression because she later turned around saying oh, no, your boss hasn't said anything, I haven't ask her. What? She thought I was dumb??) Then of course, the interviewer was hesitant to hire me. Now I want to quit, but I am worried that quitting might make it even harder for me to move up or even move on beacuse my future empolyer will ask why did you quit? You worked there for years! What happened? What should I do Help!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Freestuffrighthere; Thu, Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    toronto166 likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

With that kind of remark, I would consider switching jobs. You definitely want respect from your peers/superiors.
    As for the quitting, why not just say that there wasn't an opportunity to move up within the company and you wanted to explore other opportunities that would allow you to grow within a company. It shows that you're motivated and are seeking more responsibilities - what kind of employer doesn't want?

You might also consider asking your boss for any feedback on how to improve your current role within the company. This will give you a sense of how he evaluates your work ethic and skill set. Maybe a chat can resolve the issue at hand? Maybe extra training can be arranged to help you climb the corporate ladder?

Hope you get to where you want to be
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So sorry to hear that freestuff. I agree with d.ot. Please make sure there are other opportunities out there for you before you quit. Times are tough right now. I'm not sure where you are located but stick it out until you can find something else elsewhere. Hang in there. I find though that some employers do not appreciate you until you are gone. I don't blame you for being frustrated, all your hard work goes unnoticed. Be patient, everything happens for a reason.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you d.ot and toronto166 for your support. Now the more I think about it, the more I found my boss evil. There was one time another boss from another site within the same company talked to her about how she would like to offer me a full time, and she told that manager that she could share me with that manager but she wouldn't give me away, and now the truth is she just wanted to trap me in, so she can exploit me, wouldn't want to help me grow, wouldn't help me within the company,gave me not so good reference. Actually, she has a history of doing this, I was warning by others who knew her right after I was hired. Then right after I wanted to get out, but someone told her that I was interested in another job ( I think probably they called her for reference , I didn't give her as a reference tho, but she found out), and she called me said " if I ever knew that you wanted to leave, I would have never hired you". Just from this sentence,I think she is really pissed off right now knowing that I am considering other options. But I am just really angry and frustrated right now. Seriouly! Now I understand why another staff who tricked her and stole 15K and left the company, I don't know what happened, but something must have happened.
    Last edited by Freestuffrighthere; Thu, Oct 30th, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow freestuff, doesn't sound like a positive environment. Where I work, our managers encourage growth and the ability to learn other aspects of our company. Maybe it is time for a move. I wish you luck.

Thread Information