User Tag List

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hockey game done for the day. My honey is putting the lights up on the house and I'm puttering around getting laundry done, cleaning bathrooms and taking garbage out to the can. Hope to wrap at least my neices Xmas gifts tonight. Will gather all the supplies and make myself do it while watching tv later this evening. Not sure what we are making for dinner yet but will figure something out.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    @saundyl
    Those are gorgeous! You are very talented (I can't knit to save my life, tried to learn several times and made a mess of it)

@SassyAshley
    I make dinners for myself ahead of time and freeze them in containers that have the right portion size for me (lots of options out there for the containers, the Dollar stores have some cute glass ones). I just have to take out a container & nuke it & dinner's ready in less than 10 minutes. For me it works great cause I have an easy meal with no prep work on days my arthritis & eczema act up (on really bad days I can barely use my hands due to the arthritis and what seem like hundreds of tiny papercuts on my fingers). It does take up a lot of time (& freezer space!), so beware.
    Thank you.

When my grandma initially tried to teach me when i was 18 i had trouble so much that she was almost on the floor laughing. It made me think of when my other grandma tried to teach me to milk a cow. The poor woman was in tears laughing so hard at my attempts

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    saundyl: The scarf is gorgeous. I have been thinking of trying to teach myself to knit but I have no idea where to start as far as supplies.

For those on a tight food budget I came across a blog recently called budgetbytes.com & the writer breaks it all down to cost per service and there are a lot of freeze ahead meals. This might help you Sassy. The pictures alone are awesome. I am going to have my older son pick a few and then we can do freeze ahead meals (snacks for him). He hardly eats at school and has lunch number 2 when he gets in at 3PM. Currently he is eating a frozen dinner or pizza but this would be better and cheaper. I will report back once we try something.
    I started with a set of us size 3 needles, knitting for dummies and bernat cotton wool for dish cloths. I think i picked up a darning needle as well.

Now i also go to Google and YouTube to figure new stitches out. Im having trouble with bobbles now .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah no snow-ours melted -so I think i will do a bbq -hamburgers
    ladies i have a problem do any of you have this -I am constantly dealing with heartburn -at age 55 -like just now grabbed a few of hubbies cashews about 40 mintes ago
    maybe its the oil -I find i cant eat califlower ,strawberries,raspberriesanymor
    -even the swiss chalet left over's I boiled the skins and made soup the other night-then i get heartburn -maybe that was the spices such a pain i cant eat what i used to -when I was 40 I did no problem guess our bodies change as we age

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am the same coupon girl-have been on reflux Rx for a few years now. It helps but I am still bothered at times. It can be caused by many things including being overweight, carbonated drinks, coffee, meds, spicy or greasy food etc. The GI doc told me to drink nothing but water-ye gads didn't like that idea.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yeah no snow-ours melted -so I think i will do a bbq -hamburgers
    ladies i have a problem do any of you have this -I am constantly dealing with heartburn -at age 55 -like just now grabbed a few of hubbies cashews about 40 mintes ago
    maybe its the oil -I find i cant eat califlower ,strawberries,raspberriesanymor
    -even the swiss chalet left over's I boiled the skins and made soup the other night-then i get heartburn -maybe that was the spices such a pain i cant eat what i used to -when I was 40 I did no problem guess our bodies change as we age
    I used to get a lot of heartburn til I started taking a multivitamin with probiotics. Hardly ever get it anymore.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So we had the homemade Mac and cheese for dinner with leftover garlic bread from last night. Made brownies while the oven was on so ice cream and brownies later for anyone wanting it

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

looking for names for the December thread!!!!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am terrible at this but how about Santa’s Savers for December?

saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ssc-santa's smart canuckers

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Rough morning here, stayed up too late trying to finish something for work and now I am paying for it.

Very wet cold damp day here, I was thinking it was going to be too warm for the soup I made yesterday for dinner but now I am thinking it might be just the thing to warm me up tonight. King of hesitant about the soup, I made French Onion which my mom loves but I rarely eat so I am not really sure how well my attempt measures up. Mom was supposed to try it last night but didn't, I like how it tastes after some tweaking (the original recipe was quite sweet).

Yesterday I made a batch of French Onion Soup, roasted a butternut squash, a spaghetti squash, an acorn squash and 3 sweet potatoes which are all in the fridge to be used up this week. I will mostly use for lunches. The cold weather has really messed with my eating habits. I used to eat 80% to 90% veggies during the day but now I just cannot do it. Some how eating a salad or an apple is just no longer appealing, I do not want cold foods I want hot so I am trying to make healthy adjustments for fall and winter.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Anyone know where the sun is hiding? Critters have decided to stay in bed since it feels like night-time. I'm trying to resist the temptation to join them.

Ended up reorganizing a certain someone's (actually both someone's) wardrobe yesterday when I went looking for Lily dog's raincoat. My own fault for foolishly putting her things in my closet instead of the storage bench. Needless to say, I had to tear apart my closet to find her coat, and it's still in disarray. So much for getting my kitchen island ready for the Xmas tree forest. Oh well, it's still November. By the end of the week, it should look like Xmas has taken over (the window pane is already cluttered with Xmas lights that I didn't want mixed in with Halloween things which are only now getting put away - & we won't discuss the Easter egg & bunny ears I just came across ).

Better get back to work. Or play, depending on whether anyone tempts me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    looking for names for the December thread!!!!
    Helping Santa Save $

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning All,

I've been working on my budget for December....sigh....enough said.

Just saw a preview I guess Jessa from 19 kids and counting is already married the season finale is tomorrow I believe.

Really need to do some baking so will attempt that this afternoon atleast that is the plan, I've really been slacking in that area this past month.

Dh is almost completely done cleaning up his workshop area downstairs it looked like something from an episode of hoarders (no joke). He also has weeded out all of his tools form a future powder room that hopefully will get done when things are a little more financially stable . His mandrobe is all done yippee... but many of his items have crept their way into what used to be my stockpile room which has seriously been depleted over the last year but that's okay. I still have all of our extras (canned food, cleaners, etc) down there but I organized this last month when he was away hunting and well now I need to talk to him about all the stuff that is sitting down there as it really makes no sense.....baby steps right.

Well off to put supper in the crockpot and decide on what desserts I will tackle.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning.. its nice and mild today.. wet but mild. the calm before the storm..
    quite a few things on my plate today.
    finish stairs, iron hubbies shirts, redo dining cabinet, make pine display and ornaments for front porch. put away all xmas in our closet (if possible)
    vacuum stairs, make banana bread, paint table, make wreath for fundraiser.
    (many little things, so an easy list)
    oh and garbage night. thank goodness been a long week and a half.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information