User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: You can only use one bonus points coupon per transaction?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was at Shoppers today and tried to use a personal email coupon for 2000 pts when you buy toilet paper and a mail out coupon for 2400 pts when you buy Pepsi, the 2000 pts would not go through and when the cashier asked the manager he said I could only use one bp coupon per transaction. Last week at I was at the same location(even had the same till and cashier) and was able to use 5 bp coupons at the same time(mix of mail out and personalized ones). Have the rules for bp coupons changed in the last week?

**UPDATE**
    Was just looking at my receipt so I could email Shoppers about the missing points, and realized the toilet paper isn't listed on my receipt which is why the coupon would scan. I saw him ring it in(I've learned the hard way to watch the screen like a hawk at Shoppers), so I'm not sure why it's not on my receipt.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Lyssia510; Sun, Nov 2nd, 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish I knew what BP coupons meant. Obviously it's not BP = Buy Pepsi or BP = Buy Paper...

But what your saying is scaring me, cause combining Personalized Coupons with promotions is what rocks my world at this point in life.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

BP-bonus points. I was able to use one bonus point coupon with today's point promo but I couldn't use 2 of them which I was able to last weekend with the 20x the points promo no problem. I really hope it was just a computer glitch and not a new policy.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

It states on the coupon "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers." So it shouldn't go through.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They always have though.. I hope they haven't closed that loop hole.

I'll be very leary on my next go round.
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More often than not they did a typo when entering the code, I would ask them to try again - last week one of mine didn't go through and it turned out it was because the cashier hadn't run the product through the till - doh!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used four coupons last night on two different transactions (two of mine royale tissue/dish soap, two of dh canada dry/maxwell which were both bonus points) and they all went through. The system had rolled over to this week's sales which is why I went. However, that was before midnight, so October not November.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yes you can use more than one BP coupon per transaction. I do it every week. Also, the system will accept them even during BP's events., as I do that all the time as well, intact did it today and used 3 bp coupons. I believe the problem is with the coupon itself. There has been a typo of some sort when they made the coupon. I often get the save 2.00 on any refridgerated cheese. I have used it on cream cheese many times and other times the system won't take it for the cream cheese. In my opinion, there was something "wrong" with your personalized 2000 Bp wub toilet paper coupon. The cashiers always blame it on "can only use one coupon" or "can't combine with 20x promo"..but...thats just not true.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    Yes you can use more than one BP coupon per transaction. I do it every week. Also, the system will accept them even during BP's events., as I do that all the time as well, intact did it today and used 3 bp coupons. I believe the problem is with the coupon itself. There has been a typo of some sort when they made the coupon. I often get the save 2.00 on any refridgerated cheese. I have used it on cream cheese many times and other times the system won't take it for the cream cheese. In my opinion, there was something "wrong" with your personalized 2000 Bp wub toilet paper coupon. The cashiers always blame it on "can only use one coupon" or "can't combine with 20x promo"..but...thats just not true.
    That's pretty much what I figured. I might email them and see if they'll add the points, if not we needed toilet paper anyway.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i find that sometimes the points doesn't go through if the cashier hasn't swiped your optimum card. Perhaps you didn't swipe the card first before the coupon?
    Ciel, Valerey and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    They always have though.. I hope they haven't closed that loop hole.

I'll be very leary on my next go round.
    I know it usually works, but she asked if they changed the rules. The rules have pretty much always been "not to be cmobined", so if you use more than one and it doesn't work, you don't have much of a leg to stand on if you chose to argue for the points with HO.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

What is the fine print on Pepsi? For instance does it says per case? 2L bottle? Sometimes even with the correct product but wrong size the coupon would not work. Or it could be a glitch on that coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    i find that sometimes the points doesn't go through if the cashier hasn't swiped your optimum card. Perhaps you didn't swipe the card first before the coupon?
    Card was swiped first, this was the last coupon he entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    What is the fine print on Pepsi? For instance does it says per case? 2L bottle? Sometimes even with the correct product but wrong size the coupon would not work. Or it could be a glitch on that coupon.
    It was for a 12 pk of Pepsi and the toilet paper one was on any bathroom tissue, didn't mention a size or brand.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I used more than one yesterday with no issues, maybe they didn't activate the mailout coupons properly
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The buy one get one free Cadbury one never, ever works for me!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information