• 1 Post By Nexa
  • 1 Post By aaroncody
  • 1 Post By toban
  • 2 Post By ericaraina

Thread: I need make-up advice...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking for some new lipstick. I normally wear either L'Oreal or Clinique. We just had a Sephora open up near by and I was overwhelmed at the selection ! How is Laura Mercier quality wise? Very expensive but is the lipstick good? I want something long lasting that will stay creamy. I'm also looking for a really good primer for my foundation. Is Smashbox any good? I also want to buy matte eye shadow. I have heard a lot about the Urban Decay Nude Palette. Is it worth the price? Lastly, I am looking for a good foundation brush. I am hearing a lot about the "beauty blender" but it's so expensive and it's just a sponge. What about the Kabuki brush? Any good? Worth the price? Thanks for your help !
    This thread is currently associated with: Sephora
    Mia and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Sorry I'm not help but you've made me more thankful I don't waste my time and money on make up!

Sounds like you need a sample box just for make-up.
    ericaraina, greeny, Mia and 1 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Sorry I'm not help but you've made me more thankful I don't waste my time and money on make up!

Sounds like you need a sample box just for make-up.
    Ha ha ! Actually I have a few weddings coming up and I need some good make-up. I don't usually wear a lot of make-up on a normal day to day basis...but on special occasions I do.
    Mia, PurpleBunny89 and amira84 like this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I'm looking for some new lipstick. I normally wear either L'Oreal or Clinique. We just had a Sephora open up near by and I was overwhelmed at the selection ! How is Laura Mercier quality wise? Very expensive but is the lipstick good? I want something long lasting that will stay creamy. I'm also looking for a really good primer for my foundation. Is Smashbox any good? I also want to buy matte eye shadow. I have heard a lot about the Urban Decay Nude Palette. Is it worth the price? Lastly, I am looking for a good foundation brush. I am hearing a lot about the "beauty blender" but it's so expensive and it's just a sponge. What about the Kabuki brush? Any good? Worth the price? Thanks for your help !

I don't wear much make up, honestly. But I do so much research online, people even think I am a make up artist

1) I, myself, have Clinique Stay Matte lipstick in colour "Beauty" and love the texture. But if you don't want Clinique but some other brands, I'd advise you Yves Saint Laurent, pricey but worth every cent.

This one:

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-volupte...?skuId=1484880

2) Sorry, here I can't give you an advice, I don't use a primer under foundation, I use only Urban Decay Primer Potion for eyeshadows. Though sometimes I use Maybelline Baby Soft Pore Eraser but very rarely. It is fully comparable to Benefit Porefessional. But I read very good things about Smashbox.

3) As for nude matte palettes. I have Urban Decay Naked Basics and Naked2 Basics. Yes, they are great. But, honestly, I'm thinking of returning them I paid $70 + taxes for both of them. Why? Because I found equally awesome and wonderful palette on Paula's Choice site for which I paid $29.86 (including everything, taxes, brokerage fee and with free shipping to Canada).

In my signature there is a link for $10 discount for your first purchase of $15 and more on Paula's Choice site. They offer free shipping to Canada till November 4.

Here is the palette:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/mak...hadow-Palette/

4) If you want a foundation brush from Sephora, I'd recommend you Benefit:

http://www.sephora.com/foundation-br...?skuId=1395417

Otherwise Real Techniques brushes are the best ones.

5) In my opinion, Beauty Blender is just a waste of money. It's only a sponge, at SDM and Walmart there are so many great quality sponges.

6) Real Techniques has a Kabuki brush as well, and it's amazing:

http://www.amazon.ca/Real-Techniques...s+kabuki+brush

Good luck and have fun! Try, experiment, and you'll find the best make up products which will be suitable for you!
    barbis9, greeny, amira84 and 1 others like this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

?
    Last edited by Cake; Mon, Nov 3rd, 2014 at 09:49 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I normally don't use lipstick and eye shadow, but face primer under my BB cream is a must in my morning routine. For everyday natural coverage, I like using Clinique's Universal Face Primer. For a more "made-up" look, I will switch to Benefit Porefessional. I have acne-prone sensitive skin and these primers have worked great for me!
    barbis9, greeny, Mia and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Dior has a really nice one...Dior addict. Llots of colors, feels like a gloss but isn`t glossy and it feels nice on your lips.

Name:  s1311679-main-hero.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  11.6 KB
    greeny, Mia and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have urban decay palette 3, stila "in the light" eyeshadow palette and i love both of them. I havent used a lot of drug store brand make up but i have recently started using high end make up and i think it's totally worth it to buy high end products because they last a long time, their pigmentation, quality is great too.

I use cover fx anti aging foundation primer and smashbox 24 hr photo ready eye shadow primer. I love both of them.

Oh and i love paulaschoice.com website for customer reviews. I read a lot about something i want to buy. Research is a must if you are going to spend a lot of $$ on something, you dont want to spend your hard earned money on junk.
    barbis9, greeny and Mia like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a kabuki brush but prefer to use my large bronzer brush to apply powder foundation. As for foundation brushes I bought the Clinique one during GWP along with their all in one primer.

You can book a free makeover at Shoppers Drug Mart and try various brands. Shoppers carries Quo which makes great brushes.

I also recommend Paula's choice website for the beautypedia feature - reviews all of the brands and gives the pros and cons of each product, free of charge. This site has saved me lots of money.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautype...eviews/brands/

Let us know what you bought.
    greeny, Mia, amira84 and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bellaphoria Organic Lipsticks are creamy and last long, they are my favorite, and they are great for people with allergies.
    greeny likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try to search it on internet because each and every site will provide you different type advice that will really help you to learn more.
    greeny likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lipstick- I haven't found my number one brand. I have one MAC lipstick, few drugstore ones (L'Oreal)

Brushes- Sephora professional series and MAC are good. Eco tools (Walmart, London Drugs are good quality and cheaper. Quo makes a few Beauty Blender dupes (not sure if washable)

Foundation Primer- I haven't tried Smashbox. I like Gosh foundation primer cream (Shoppers Drug Mart). They have three formulas.

Eye shadow- Favorites are MAC (satin), Elizabeth Arden, Lancôme singles. I haven't tried Urban Decay

Eye shadow primer- Urban Decay (purplish tube) and Nars.
    Last edited by toban; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2015 at 09:40 PM.
    greeny likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

My fave lipsticks are MAC, Maybelline, and Milani. I really dislike revlon if that helps
    greeny and Candini like this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there! My name is Krista and I'm so in love with makeup. There are higher quality lipsticks such as Laura Mercier but I don't believe you have to spend that much money for a lipstick. Even the regular sephora brand lipstick is good quality and not quite so expensive. I don't know if you have a MAC store but I prefer their lipsticks over any kind at sephora. I've heard wonderful things about all of smashbox's products. If you want the best primer, get one from smashbox. It's the best there is.

I have the urban decay naked 2 palette and I love it. I use it for staying in, going out, any day and every day! I love this palette and it will last me a long time. Think of expensive makeup as an investment. If you buy something that's good quality such as a lipstick, it will be 2 years before a lipstick will expire. That means a $20 lipstick will cost you $10 a year and less than $1 a month. Drug store lipsticks will last the same amount of time but they dry your lips faster and the colour will bleed more and not last as long. I also recommend a lip primer. You can use a clear lip balm or the MAC Prep and Prime Balm which I loove!

In terms of the Beauty Blender. I recommend this product 1000% but not for foundation application. You waste more product using a sponge for foundation than a brush. I recommend you buy a foundation brush and once you add your concealer, blush, bronzer, etc. then you can use your blender. But the brush is much more essential than the blender. Also, you won't need to buy another beauty blender for a while. Remember, it's an investment, and brushes are fabulous because they last forever if you clean them frequently and take good care of them.

That's my opinions and advice. If you have any more questions feel free to let me know!

Also, please check out my makeup channel called MAKEUP your mind. Here is a link to my most recent video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1UU8c6oqYAQ[/url]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My absolute fav lipstick dream team that you can find at Sephora is actually Sephora brand's cream lipstain and No Bleeding Lips liner! I swear by both! You can read more about the pair here --> livedlearnedblogged.com/2015/04/25/product-love-cream-lip-stain-no-bleeding-lips-liner/
    Danielle | livedlearnedblogged.com

Thread Information