User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: SDM - Spend $200 on 2+ Giftcards - get 8000 bonus Optimum pts - Nov 8-14

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is the Candian Tire GC promo on next week too?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    Is the Candian Tire GC promo on next week too?
    Blasted no... I think the Canadian tire thing is only good until the 7th.

Poobs
    nash0109 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Blasted no... I think the Canadian tire thing is only good until the 7th.

Poobs
    2000 on the $50 CT GC is in the upcoming flyer as well - on the grocery page with Chipits and Diana BBQ sauce
    nash0109, Valerey and Poobah like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    2000 on the $50 CT GC is in the upcoming flyer as well - on the grocery page with Chipits and Diana BBQ sauce
    Well then this is definately interesting... Pretty well would need to call shoppers customer service to enquire? I wonder if they'd even know the answer.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought 5 $50 CT gift cards today and in addition to the 10,000 points (2,000 per $50) also received base points of 2500 - that usually only happens when you buy SDM gift cards. And used my SDM MasterCard so more points there. Will be going back for more, CT gas bar on my way to work so easy to use. Will try to combine the two gift card points offers next week and if it works great, if not, still a good deal and like getting a discount off gas.
    Valerey and luckbealady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Nice...if I was not that broke! LOL
    luckbealady and Rubialoca like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskoka View Post
    I bought 5 $50 CT gift cards today and in addition to the 10,000 points (2,000 per $50) also received base points of 2500 - that usually only happens when you buy SDM gift cards. And used my SDM MasterCard so more points there. Will be going back for more, CT gas bar on my way to work so easy to use. Will try to combine the two gift card points offers next week and if it works great, if not, still a good deal and like getting a discount off gas.
    Good to know it also works at the gas bar. That would be my main use for them as I also drive past on my way to work

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskoka View Post
    Interesting! You are right. I checked my receipt after reading your post and was surprised to see I got 500 regular points and 2000 bonus points for buying one Canadian Tire gift card worth $50! Happy Dance! (and I paid with my Shoppers' Credit Card!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I contacted Shoppers hotline to get clarification about the November 8 to 13 GIFT CARD BONUS POINTS...

Q1 What is the maximum number of $200/bonus 8000 transactions?
    A1 3 transactions per account (so 3 x $200 = 3 x 8000 bonus points)

Q2 Which Gift Card is included in the Gift Card Bonus Offering, only 8 are displayed in the flyer banner?
    A2 SDM Rep claims the Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card is "EXCLUDED" along with the stated Life Experiences Cards... Otherwise, all other Gift Cards are included. SDM Rep seemed confident about his reply... this throws a wrench into my plans to purchase Shoppers Drug Mart gift cards.

Q3 Is Regular Points also awarded for Gift Card Bonus Purchases?
    A3 No! SDM Rep seems confident we will not be awarded Regular points with the 8000 Gift Card Bonus Point Promotion. On November 3rd, they discovered their system was awarding Regular Points for the CT 2000 Points (Oct 31st-Nov 7th) promotion IN ERROR. They may or may not do a system correction to stop the Regular Points for the CT 2000 Points promotion ending November 7th. Rep says they will likely NOT reverse out Regular Points that has been rewarded so far for the 2000 Bonus points on $50 purchase.

Q4 Is the November 8th Canadian Tire 2000 Bonus Points also awarded with the 8000 Gift Card Bonus Points? It's in the November 8th flyer.
    A4 No. Rep claims this is a Flyer Error. There will be an ERROR CORRECTION in the stores to indicate the CT 2000 Bonus Points was an error. The CT 2000 Bonus ends on November 7th.

This information may or may not be completely accurate, cause in my experience, SDM Reps sometimes gives out conflicting information.

We're going to need to verify the first receipt of BONUS GIFT CARD purchases and share our experience. I'm interested to know if..
    - Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Cards DOES NOT qualify as part of the BONUS deal cause it affects the total $200 purchase to get the BONUS.
    Last edited by rockco; Thu, Nov 6th, 2014 at 11:06 AM.
    innaor, Ladybug2011 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well sounds like I should run out and get my Canadian gift cards right now.... lol

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Absolutely.. ANything you charge on your credit card at Shoppers gets the 15 points per dollar without question. *I know it well, and love it.* lol
    Just to clarify - this is only if you're using the RBC Optimum MC.

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    I contacted Shoppers hotline to get clarification about the November 8 to 13 GIFT CARD BONUS POINTS...

Q1 What is the maximum number of $200/bonus 8000 transactions?
    A1 3 transactions per account (so 3 x $200 = 3 x 8000 bonus points)

Q2 Which Gift Card is included in the Gift Card Bonus Offering, only 8 are displayed in the flyer banner?
    A2 SDM Rep claims the Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card is "EXCLUDED" along with the stated Lifetime Cards... Otherwise, all other Gift Cards are included. SDM Rep seemed confident about his reply... this throws a wrench into my plans to purchase Shoppers Drug Mart gift cards.

Q3 Is Regular Points also awarded for Gift Card Bonus Purchases?
    A3 No! SDM Rep seems confident we will not be awarded Regular points with the 8000 Gift Card Bonus Point Promotion. On November 3rd, they discovered their system was awarding Regular Points for the CT 2000 Points (Oct 31st-Nov 7th) promotion IN ERROR. They may or may not do a system correction to stop the Regular Points for the CT 2000 Points promotion ending November 7th. Rep says they will likely NOT reverse out Regular Points that has been rewarded so far for the 2000 Bonus points on $50 purchase.

Q4 Is the November 8th Canadian Tire 2000 Bonus Points also awarded with the 8000 Gift Card Bonus Points? It's in the November 8th flyer.
    A4 No. Rep claims this is a Flyer Error. There will be an ERROR CORRECTION in the stores to indicate the CT 2000 Bonus Points was an error. The CT 2000 Bonus ends on November 7th.

This information may or may not be completely accurate, cause in my experience, SDM Reps sometimes gives out conflicting information.

We're going to need to verify the first receipt of BONUS GIFT CARD purchases and share our experience. I'm interested to know if..
    - Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Cards DOES NOT qualify as part of the BONUS deal cause it affects the total $200 purchase to get the BONUS.
    SDM gcs ARE INCLUDED in this promo. I checked with Optimum HQ. If someone else wants to check, please do. ETA But I am confident they are part of the promo - wouldn't make sense to encourage you to buy other companies'/stores' cards and not their own.

Now, if someone can confirm the dates. This last post I quoted says Nov 8 - 13, original post says Nov 8 - 14. Can't read it in the pic of the promo that thor posted (thanks thor!)

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Nov 5th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    maple7 likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Yes, RBC Optimum Mastercard only.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just went to shoppers Drug mart and purchased $500 Canadian Tire gift cards and you no longer get A total 2500 points Per 50 bucks. You get 500 basic and 1500 bonus.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

How can we avoid this? Was that GC on the stands or behind the counter (makes a difference?) As far as registering the card, is it with your esso points account?
    thanks!

On another note, I recall from previous promos and postings that points were not awarded on the SDM cards which were loaded with amounts vs those with preset amounts. Can someone confirm this?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by innaor View Post
    Most of the cards I bought , between DH card and mine were Esso. One of my card's balance was stolen ( as I found out later , shortly after it was activated.) Luckily for me, I kept the receipt and Esso compensated $50 after short investigation. It took about a month to get a replacement. I'm planning to participate in the promo again.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Absolutely.. ANything you charge on your credit card at Shoppers gets the 15 points per dollar without question. *I know it well, and love it.* lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Yes, RBC Optimum Mastercard only.
    I wasn't asking for clarification - I was clarifying for others since you didn't specify the card in your answer and I didn't want people to think it was all credit cards that gave optimum points. I have the Optimum MC too and like you I know it well (and use it way too often!)

Silk
    LoveCpn likes this.
    Have a great life!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information