User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: SDM - Spend $200 on 2+ Giftcards - get 8000 bonus Optimum pts - Nov 8-14

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

For now I will rely on my personalized bonus coupons to earn points. Too much hassle to earn 8000 points on the GCs.
    uanoor likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you use sdm gift cards to buy other gift cards?
    ie buy $200 of sdm gc and get points, then use those in another transaction to buy other gift cards and get the bonus points.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Allison9999 View Post
    ie buy $200 of sdm gc and get points, then use those in another transaction to buy other gift cards and get the bonus points.
    No. I believe it's the same answer for the prepaid Visas.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What about the 8000 points when you spend $50 coupon for the 7th and 8th. If the Shoppers Cards are not included in the Gift Card Promotion and the $10 off wus $50 works towards the Shoppers Gift Card, isn't it reasonable to think the 8000 points wus $50 coupon would work on a Shoppers Gift Card?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Just to clarify - this is only if you're using the RBC Optimum MC.

SDM gcs ARE INCLUDED in this promo. I checked with Optimum HQ. If someone else wants to check, please do. ETA But I am confident they are part of the promo - wouldn't make sense to encourage you to buy other companies'/stores' cards and not their own.

Now, if someone can confirm the dates. This last post I quoted says Nov 8 - 13, original post says Nov 8 - 14. Can't read it in the pic of the promo that thor posted (thanks thor!)

Silk
    I just called HQ to confirm. Canadian Tire GC 2k promo is a misprint, they all have a memo on it. All GC are included except Life Experience cards (she confirmed with someone while on the phone), so same as other years.

Thank you Rockco and Silk for calling and posting for us.
    Silk, Giving-Small and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Name:  L-Gift-Card-Mall-Optimum-SE.png
Views: 783
Size:  104.1 KB

Offer valid from Saturday, November 8, 2014 to Friday, November 14, 2014.

*Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes RBC® Shoppers Optimum® MasterCard® points and points associated with the RBC® Shoppers Optimum® Banking Account. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Offer limited to 3 eligible transactions per person. Maximum of 8,000 Bonus Points per eligible transaction regardless of total dollar value of transaction. Excludes Life Experiences gift cards. All products must be purchased within the same eligible transaction. Offer valid from November 8, 2014 to November 14, 2014, while quantities last. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday, November 21, 2014 for eligible transactions. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details. AMEX Gold Gift Card *Subject to availability. See Gift Cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. *©Tim Hortons. Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy business. ™ Trademark of Suncor Energy Inc. Used under licence. Esso and PRICE PRIVILEGES are trademarks of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee.

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/O...rs/GCM-8k.aspx
    Silk and luckbealady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Allison9999 View Post
    No! SDM closed this loop hole during / after their first year of purchase gift card with bonus points promotion.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks everyone for clarifying all info for the big shop tomorrow,, so as u all know hubbies dont always listen,, i told hubby i would be spending loads of money tomorrow on the gift card promo,, his reply,, how was i gonna carry it all???

moral to the story get your gift cards early , this is a popular promo minimum 2 gc cards per tranaction totalling $200, do separate transactions and save your receipts.
    Silk and MommyMelanie2007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a copy of 2 receipts showing results of Gift Card Purchases, and POINTS situation.

Receipt #1 - Purchased only Canadian Tire cards (1x$100 & 2x$50), neither REGULAR nor BONUS points appeared on receipt. (Store Manager informs the 8000 BONUS points will not appear on receipt. Instead, they will be awarded to my account on November 21st.)

Receipt #2 - Purchased 1x $50 Shoppers Drug Mart and 3x $50 Canadian Tire. The 500 REGULAR points appeared for the Shoppers Gift Card, and again, no 8000 BONUS points appeared. Thus, I cannot confirm if 8000 BONUS will be awarded. But, at least I can be sure I got the 500 REGULAR for Shoppers Card.

Will look for 2x 8000 BONUS points on November 21st.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rockco; Sat, Nov 8th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
    hcao likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought I would add a recommendation. Don't mix Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card with other Gift Card purchases in case it disqualifies the 8000 BONUS.

I suggest buying $200 of Gift Cards (2 card minimum) excluding Shoppers, and you'll be sure to get the 8000 BONUS.

Buy $200 of Shoppers Gift Cards (2 card minimum) because at least you know you'll get 2000 REGULAR points which is what you would have gotten as a norm on a non promotion date. It'll be a plus when the 8000 BONUS points are awarded. The Shoppers Gift Cards can be used towards your Shoppers purchases just like cash.

Only invest in gift card if you know you'll use them cause it's cash out of pocket. This is just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by rockco; Sat, Nov 8th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
    2shopmom likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Points are NOT awarded until November 21st - fayemercier posted the terms of the deal in post #36

(for future reference, the points have been awarded at a later date for years now).

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

the very 1st card in the ad is a SDM GC so is unlikely they excluded their own card this year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Has anyone seen the correction notice about the CT GC error at the store?

16000 points for $200 CT GCs is awesome deal.
    Poobah likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks to everyone who is sorting this out! I am getting a headache trying to keep things straight! LOL!
    I already spent $400 on gift cards to support a church fundraiser so I better not go overboard- they are not earning me interest sitting in a drawer waiting for Santa to stuff stockings with them.
    I think I will buy one round of SDM and take my chances on the extra points. I have to get my points up for a "Mega" redemption shop before Christmas.
    FreeIsMyFavourite likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the first time I've made gift card purchases under the Shoppers 8000 Bonus promotion.

I feel confident the Shoppers Drug Mart card qualifies for the 8000 bonus points reward program based on the written flyer text, everyone feedback on this topic & the many postings by experienced SmartCanuckers.

I called Shoppers hot-line 8 times to clarify about the specific topic of Shoppers Drug Mart gift card qualification, and every single time, they claim Shoppers Gift Cards do not quality for the program. Maybe they're just following their script & their training, and the Optimum system reacts differently to their script. I'm anxiously waiting for November 21st outcome.

I'm looking forward to Rexall's $20 sale for $25 Canadian Tire Gift Cards cause that's a simple promotion for me to handle!

Today Nov 8th, called Shoppers (SDM) hotline one final time, and this time, they (Kevin) said YES, Shoppers Cards are included. Previously SDM Reps gave me wrong information and he apologized.
    Last edited by rockco; Sat, Nov 8th, 2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Today's Phone Call with Shoppers!
    lilo0003 and LoveCpn like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information