User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Facial cleansing brushes - Clairsonic, Clinique?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am debating whether or not to purchase a facial cleansing machine. Does anyone have recommendations? Have you used Clairsonic, Clinique?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Mia and mrsf1sh like this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Well, it's like thinking whether to buy automated toothbrush (those Philips or Oral-B) with rechargeable batteries) or an ordinary toothbrush. If you want sonic brushes, go for Clinique (exactly the same as Clarisonic but with only 1 level of brush rotation and doesn't have a travel case).

Also if you have SDM points, just buy Olay Pro-X brush. Also exactly the same but uses ordinary batteries. But that's not a problem, just use rechargeable batteries, on Ebay you can find numerous of those ones for a great price.

P.S. As for me, I use Neutrogena Dermabrasion, it's a good one. I put ordinary cotton pads from Dollarama and with my own cleanser it cleanses my face very well. But if I didn't have that (I got that as a gift), I would buy an ordinary brush like the $9 one which Sephora has. I'm sure, those brushes are all the same, your way of cleansing and your cleanser matter more than all those overpriced facial "gadgets". See my above mentioned example for toothbrushes.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I tried the Clinique one in the store and hate that the whole unit vibrates. I will use my SDM points and try the Olay one. Thank you Mia for the above tips!
    Mia likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wayne Goss does good reviews of the clairisonic on his youtube channel.

he tried the clinique one recently and didn't like it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6jx...FYMNAEN-C-CtYA
    barbis9 and Mia like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've recently upgraded to the clarisonic plus because it has a body brush for the shower. I am liking it��
    ROMEO, barbis9 and Mia like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am saving up for a clarisonic but if you want something low tech....this is great
    http://www.sephora.com/precision-por...?skuId=1233691

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I have been using the life brand sonic brush from shoppers and love it. Skin feels so much softer, and I haven't had any of the super deep acne along my chin that prompted me to change my skincare routine. I don't have the $ for clarisonic but am glad there is a true sonic brush for a fraction of the cost, not just a rotating brush that runs on AA batteries.

I got it on sale 59.99 ( -10.00 scop=49.99) and new brushes are 14.99, plus optimum points
    Good review here
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/x...kincare---Face

The unit is reg 75.00, and is the conair tru glow just repackaged for shoppers. Conair one sells for more too.

Life brand products are money back if you are not satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Sat, Dec 6th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.
    anisa, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Clairsonic Mia and bought it two years ago. Yes it is an investment but worth it. My skin is quite sensitive and I use the sensitive brush head that comes with it. I've never had any issues with it. As for my sensitive skin, I don't press too hard down with the brush. My skin feels and looks brighter, exfoliates dead skin etc. I use mine approximately one to two times per week.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive been using the olay one and it's great. It was on sale on amazon for $15 last week, not sure if it still is. But reg its around $25-30, not too expensive. I'd suggest trying that one

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

a question for those of you who use clarisonic.

are any of you using the clarisonic while also using anti-aging and exfoliating products. If so, do you find the clarisonic is a crucial part of your skincare routine, or that it only provides minimal benefits in addition to the other skin care products you use?

yes, i'm obsessed with my skin lol. if there is a huge benefit to using the clarisonic in addition to using aha, bha, antioxidants, retinol etc (all part of my regular routine) then i will seriously consider redeeming optimum points for one!

thanks!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of the advantages to using a Clarisonic is to properly cleanse the skin to adequately absorb those pricey products we apply. I use good skin care products including prescription Retin A Micro. My dermatologist recommended the Clarisonic to me a couple of years ago and I am so glad he did. A good investment IMO.
    anisa, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Choice is yours but you should consult a demologist ,as everyone skin type is different.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was going to buy the clarisonic but after reading reviews and doing a bit of homework I bought the Olay pro x, I bought it at shoppers and got some crazy deal, used points, manufacturers coupon..it is a very good little machine, but I obviously haven't tried the clarisonic but for the price difference I think the Olay is great..I use it with what ever facial scrub I have..
    anisa, barbis9 and Mia like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have read good things about the olay brush as well. Probably not at intense as the clarisonic, but maybe that is a good thing for me since i get extremely good results from my skincare products. I think i just want something that will make cleansing easier instead of an intense cleansing
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had some Amazon.ca gift certificates so I redeemed them for an Olay machine....I love it. It cost me less than $10 with taxes etc and I am very happy. The unit does not vibrate like the Clinique one which is awesome. I was going to use my Shoppers points but it is so expensive in the stores. The price on Amazon was $21.
    anisa and Mia like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information