User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: going to prove a teacher WRONG and gona have funn doing it hehe

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would be upset as well, but take the great advice from some of our great sc's..There are always 2 sides to every story, stay calm..show her your receipts and after her "mouth falls to the floor" in shock..offer to speak to the class and teach them all about coupons and saving money..Good Luck!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

My goodness! Was your entire post one long, rambling sentence? I think some of the other people on here have some good advice -- having your son show actual coupon and flyer deals in his explanation of his spending would make the point. Don't go in as an angry parent carrying coupons and receipts muttering about college degrees and being accused of stealing groceries, or you'll be a story for the staff room. The teacher was probably trying to prevent the students from short-circuiting the assignment and taking their $20 for groceries and "stretching" it by inventing all kinds of amazing coupons that would allow them magically to budget for everything they needed. Physical copies of the coupons and flyer deals might be acceptable evidence for the assignment.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I also think you have an amazing opportunity to share your couponing expertise with the class.
    When I was in high school, we didn't learn about budgeting or balancing a check book. We did learn about stocks and bonds - even bought mock companies on the trading market. Now which one do you think is most useful?
    I wish teachers would focus on the pedantic expenses, I think everyone would be better off for it.

Looking forward to hearing how things go with your son's assignment !
    matrix82, 2shopmom, ticul and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I did a similar project like this in high school. It was about living on minimum wage. I worked at Zellers at the time and knew all the sale prices so listed things at rock bottom price. The teacher said I way underestimated things (I definitely did not). And I didn't use coupons (my couponer mom didn't help me with my homework).

But the teacher explained that the goal of the project was to help kids understand living off minimum wage. Since not everybody has the same money management skills/knowledge, I think the intention is to teach empathy with others, as well as budgeting.

Best to go in with a plan and show her the value of coupons but do it in a nice way. Who knows, she may take it out on your DS.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Nov 15th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

my son ended up taking my reciets in to school expecally the one that i got 36 items and walked out the door with 1.45 in my hand yes not much money but my best shop i now have a new person wanting to join my site and do a couponing course i put together hehe

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well done, Jennifer! I hope that teacher apologizes to you for calling you a "thief" to her son!! YOU, however, should teach couponing as a guest-speaker!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

So, what happened in the end?

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Swance View Post
    my son ended up taking my reciets in to school expecally the one that i got 36 items and walked out the door with 1.45 in my hand yes not much money but my best shop i now have a new person wanting to join my site and do a couponing course i put together hehe
    Bump
    Dinobuzz likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information