User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bonus points and weekly offers

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would like to pick everyone minds. For my personal offers this week I received get 16000 bonus points on $60 or more in cosmetics. Would I still get the weekly offer of 20x the points on $75 or more in cosmetics plus my bonus offer? Thanks on advance for any input.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    hcao likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think it's the same as trying to combine flyer promo with the emailed big bonus points coupon. So in this case you wont get the 16000 bp. But i am not a pro at this. Some cashiers wont even accept the coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Does the coupon say the points will be awarded at a later date? If not then you probably will get them. If they need to be added later then you won't get them.
    hcao likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

could be that cashier refuses to take it because the coupon says can not be combined with any other points offer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Does the coupon say the points will be awarded at a later date? If not then you probably will get them. If they need to be added later then you won't get them.
    If the points are not awarded instantly, there's a chance you may not get it later.
    Best is to buy roughly $60 + of cosmetic then have cashier scan your coupon then add another item to bring it to over $75.
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good to know.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaboo9601 View Post
    I would like to pick everyone minds. For my personal offers this week I received get 16000 bonus points on $60 or more in cosmetics. Would I still get the weekly offer of 20x the points on $75 or more in cosmetics plus my bonus offer? Thanks on advance for any input.
    Did this work for you? I got a similar mail out coupon(points to be added right away) and was going to try it this weekend with 20x the points.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Did this work for you? I got a similar mail out coupon(points to be added right away) and was going to try it this weekend with 20x the points.
    I plan to go tomorrow. I'll post tomorrow what my results are.

josask
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I tried to purchase an item that was advertised as 20x on a day that was 18,500 WUS $75 and I didn't receive the 20x. When I called HO to get clarification they told me I couldn't combine offers.
    LisaLisaBoBisa likes this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I used my 20x personal offer on an 18.500 day and haven't received point yet either.. I thought that was fine? Pts were to be awarded by 14.. so another 2 days

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I received the same 16,000 bp WUS $60 on cosmetics and I used it this past Saturday during the 18,500 WUS $75. I received all 34,500 points instantly

I purchased a foundation, a face scrub and an Essie nail polish totalling just over $75.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=ux6NkmzoOno%3D

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I mostly buy 20x items on 20x days and it works
    If I have to call I tell them it is false advertising to show it as 20x on a 20x flyer
    20x coupons are different bc they say not to be combined
    Quote Originally Posted by josask View Post
    I tried to purchase an item that was advertised as 20x on a day that was 18,500 WUS $75 and I didn't receive the 20x. When I called HO to get clarification they told me I couldn't combine offers.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    I used my 20x personal offer on an 18.500 day and haven't received point yet either.. I thought that was fine? Pts were to be awarded by 14.. so another 2 days
    20x WUS $50? It's when the points are awarded right away that you can usually successfully combine - when they are added at a later date, it is not likely you'll get the points, as the coupon does say not to be combined with other Optimum offers.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

No spend requirement - just was "20x points on almost anything in the store". To me it's silly they would send it as my personal coupon for that weekend knowing there was an 18.500 offer so it would only work if I spent less than the $75 and only qualified for one offer.. It's like saying "shop here but not too much because we are only rewarding you once anyway".. lol

ETD: Sorry - just found coupon.. yes wus 50 was the offer.. So that doesn't apply on 18.500 day?

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    20x WUS $50? It's when the points are awarded right away that you can usually successfully combine - when they are added at a later date, it is not likely you'll get the points, as the coupon does say not to be combined with other Optimum offers.
    Last edited by LisaLisaBoBisa; Thu, Nov 13th, 2014 at 12:25 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    No spend requirement - just was "20x points on almost anything in the store". To me it's silly they would send it as my personal coupon for that weekend knowing there was an 18.500 offer so it would only work if I spent less than the $75 and only qualified for one offer.. It's like saying "shop here but not too much because we are only rewarding you once anyway".. lol

ETD: Sorry - just found coupon.. yes wus 50 was the offer.. So that doesn't apply on 18.500 day?
    I'm re-reading things now - did you spend the $75 to qualify for 18,500? If not, and you just used the 20x coupon, you'll get your points no problem (sorry, I'm just not clear on that point).

If you did spend qualify for the $75 promo, then I don't think you'll get your points. It's when you get points right away that you can combine the 2 promos (if the cashier lets you). When they are awarded at a later date they are able to scrutinize your transaction to see if you combine promos - it's the same as you cannot use that sort of coupon twice in the same week - unless of course you didn't spend $75 to meet the 18,500 promo.

But I have been wrong before. I don't think you'll get the points - but please let us know if you do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information