• 1 Post By blueeyetea
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Wireless Headphones?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Nov 20th, 2014
    Greetings all:

Does anyone have experience with wireless headphones? I'm thinking of getting a set we can use with the TV, if one person wants quiet, etc. I don't want to spend $200 on them, are there quality ones out there for less?

Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had purchased a pair of Phillips from GT a couple of years ago. Quality was okay. I'd get some rechargeable batteries as well, depending on how long they hold their charge.
    They were $20
    Last edited by padyofurniture; Wed, Nov 12th, 2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: added price
    Ciel and ticul like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Make sure you look at reviews. Cheaper can also mean you can't be too far from the television and/or you can't keep them on for long. Because it was a Christmas present for my husband (and by extension, me) last year, I purchased the ones from Sony on sale on Black Friday.

My husband is up at all hours of the night and we live in a very small house, so we can hear the TV from everywhere - not exactly a good combination when I'm sleeping. With the headphones, he can move around, go into the kitchen, and often he'll go in his office to do something on the computer, all the while listening to the TV with the headphones.

All this to say, check out the reviews if you can.
    Zonny, Ciel and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The unit sibling uses is a Logitech Electronics Model TX0002-900 MHz wireless transmitter base with headphones. Not sure if the connectors on the base are included or something you buy. He works afternoon shifts half the month so if he's home early or does not feel like sleeping, he stays up watching DVDs in a house where you can hear everything. I find that he forgets to turn the power switch off on the base's side from time to time. The headphones have a switch behind the right ear cover.

Not sure if he bought it online via Amazon/electronics store or one of the discount retailers like Factory Direct or XS Cargo.
    ROMEO and ticul like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Good question, I want to buy one for my DH too. I think it's a think for men. I dont know any women that wants the head phone for themself. We just want the head phone for our hubby. Thank you for sharing..............
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Good question, I want to buy one for my DH too. I think it's a think for men. I dont know any women that wants the head phone for themself. We just want the head phone for our hubby. Thank you for sharing..............
    When hubby reads, he likes if it's quiet, so if I want to watch TV, I'll wear the headphones. Also, there's something to be said about sound not getting distorted between the speaker and your ears. Wearing headphones is probably the closest I'll get to movie theatre quality sound in my living. I mean, if we're not techie nuts who need the surround sound and such.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I side with the "surround sound must be banished from homes" team. I want to hear the dialogue, not have the background sounds at the same level as the dialogue. Book reading really benefits from a quiet room too.
    The only time I'd really care about having special headphones would if I could afford a specific non-wireless headphone pair because they a) look good and have excellent sound quality and b) would be very appreciated when bopping at the computer to a song I like without disturbing other family members. The pair looks heavy so it would not be worn for long stretches of time.

There's something to be said for lightweight headphones for use while listening to news clips or short videos. Comfort!
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information