User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: eBay feedback dilemma. What would you do?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So I bought a handmade item from India. It was the person's first sale.

Two weeks go by and they don't mark it as shipped.

They ignore two of my emails.

I open a Paypal dispute and they refund my money about 3 minutes later.

I left neutral feedback explaining why.

They message me now and say please please change it we are new and don't know what we're doing blah blah.

I like giving people second chances (especially with their first transaction) because I wish people would give them to me. But I shouldn't have to open a Paypal dispute to get my money back and people need to know this

What would you do?
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forget the seller...if they don't know what they are doing, they shouldn't be selling on eBay. You got your refund. Find another item on eBay and buy from a seller who has a proven (positive) record.
    ROMEO, Zonny, Lynn49 and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd say you did the right thing leaving neutral feedback. If every buyer left realistic feedback rather than what sellers want/beg us to leave, we'd have a better chance of having a good experience every time.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I agree with the other posters. Your feedback was fair and accurate.

I just got burned by eBay because the seller had great ratings. I ended up phoning eBay and complaining - they told me they would start an investigation but too much has passed to get a refund or even leave a rating (the seller kept stringing me along until the time limit was up - I didn't even know there was a time limit for complaints/feedback). I'm guessing they've done the same trick to a lot of people!

People should leave accurate feedback without fear. It's the only way the system works.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Lynn49, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Couldn't agree more. They should have worked out their kinks first...what's to work out? they sold an item...nowwww send it out!
    Sheesh!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Leave it as is, you did the right thing.
    ROMEO, GoJays, lucy16076 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Convinced to leave it as is. Thanks everyone. I am new to ebay myself so am questioning things. Have had incredible experiences and not-so-incredible experiences. At least I haven't needed a negative

That's the karma I get for trying to support artisans in developing countries...
    Natalka, ROMEO, GoJays and 7 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had nearly all good experiences with ebay. Only one seller sent something not as advertised. Then begged for me to leave 5 star rating. Considering his score, I'm sure he begged a lot of people to leave positive feedback.
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Completely agree with the others - your review was honest, which is the kind of feedback I hope others leave.

Frankly, if I was new (and it was one of my first few sales), you can darn well bet I would be responding immediately to any questions or concerns my buyers had. I'd want to go over and beyond to ensure great feedback.
    So the fact that you had to open up a dispute over the sale, means they are completely at fault and deserve poor (to be honest I think you're generous with neutral) feedback.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Convinced to leave it as is. Thanks everyone. I am new to ebay myself so am questioning things. Have had incredible experiences and not-so-incredible experiences. At least I haven't needed a negative

That's the karma I get for trying to support artisans in developing countries...
    My first thought when I read your OP was scammer..And I haven't changed my mind. They are trying to build up positive feed-back by making you change your inital rating even though you never got the item you wanted.

It may be that account's first transaction but I seriously doubt that it's the sellars first transacton. A lot of these China/Indian sellrs have multiple accounts who cross-reference and post positive or negtive trade ratings..

Keep an eye on your ratings too. If you start getting a lot of -ve ratings , ask for a review. I know several buyers who left a neutral or negatve rating for a trader and had sellars they had never dealt with leave -ve ratings.
    ROMEO, lecale, lucy16076 and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I would remove the feedback. If I were the seller, I'd send out the item free, refund your $$ and ask you to r emove the feedback. I used to have a store on ebay with several thousand items in it all t he time.. Its a huge learning curve when you start out. Prior to 2000 I used to do seminars on client retention and customer service so I knew that my mistakes had to be fixed fast at my cost. Not everyone gets that. Sometimes when we goof, it helps to get a second chance. It really depends how strongly you feel about it and how you would want to be treated if you were in a similar situation.
    ROMEO, torontogal12 and terry2144 like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I don't know if this has changed Darth but my experience has been you can only leave/receive feedback with people you have had a transaction with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    My first thought when I read your OP was scammer..And I haven't changed my mind. They are trying to build up positive feed-back by making you change your inital rating even though you never got the item you wanted.

It may be that account's first transaction but I seriously doubt that it's the sellars first transacton. A lot of these China/Indian sellrs have multiple accounts who cross-reference and post positive or negtive trade ratings..

Keep an eye on your ratings too. If you start getting a lot of -ve ratings , ask for a review. I know several buyers who left a neutral or negatve rating for a trader and had sellars they had never dealt with leave -ve ratings.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I would remove the feedback. If I were the seller, I'd send out the item free, refund your $$ and ask you to r emove the feedback. I used to have a store on ebay with several thousand items in it all t he time.. Its a huge learning curve when you start out. Prior to 2000 I used to do seminars on client retention and customer service so I knew that my mistakes had to be fixed fast at my cost. Not everyone gets that. Sometimes when we goof, it helps to get a second chance. It really depends how strongly you feel about it and how you would want to be treated if you were in a similar situation.
    Evidently the seller had no intention of doing any such thing (correct the error, responding to TG's inquiries), so the neutral feedback was warranted. And like Luckbealady, she was generous with that; I'd have left a very negative feedback noting that I had to take it to ebay arbitration to get my money back. If they're that stupid, they can close down that store, learn how to actually send things out that they "sold", and open another store.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Evidently the seller had no intention of doing any such thing (correct the error, responding to TG's inquiries), so the neutral feedback was warranted. And like Luckbealady, she was generous with that; I'd have left a very negative feedback noting that I had to take it to ebay arbitration to get my money back. If they're that stupid, they can close down that store, learn how to actually send things out that they "sold", and open another store.

I'm unsure why you quoted me.. she asked what we would do.. thats what I would do.
    ROMEO, torontogal12 and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It takes a lot of time and effort to contact eBay, open a dispute and follow-up on said dispute. IMHO, it's not up to you to fix their business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information