• 3 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By 1cheapb*tch
  • 3 Post By luckbealady
  • 2 Post By Decaf

Thread: Android Tablet

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Help! Does anyone know if the Acer Tablet 10'' 16gb, in this weeks flyer is an android? TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    sdddmd likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Acer Iconia (7" tablet) is, so I'm fairly certain the 10" one is too. It should say on the box.

The one thing I will say about the Acer, is that you might have issues updating. The Iconia I bought cannot be updated past Android 4.1 or 4.2. My 2012 Nexus is currently running version 4.4.4 - and is included in devices to get the Lollipop 5.0 update.
    I haven't noticed a huge amount of difference between the various updates, but eventually lack of updates will make certain apps incompatible.

I've thought about buying the Samsung 10" to get a bigger tablet - but honestly I love how well my Nexus 7 works, and I think I'll stick with it for as long as I can.
    Decaf, sdddmd and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you
    luckbealady likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    The Acer Iconia (7" tablet) is, so I'm fairly certain the 10" one is too. It should say on the box.

The one thing I will say about the Acer, is that you might have issues updating. The Iconia I bought cannot be updated past Android 4.1 or 4.2. My 2012 Nexus is currently running version 4.4.4 - and is included in devices to get the Lollipop 5.0 update.
    I haven't noticed a huge amount of difference between the various updates, but eventually lack of updates will make certain apps incompatible.

I've thought about buying the Samsung 10" to get a bigger tablet - but honestly I love how well my Nexus 7 works, and I think I'll stick with it for as long as I can.
    Does SDM sells Nexus tablet too? I only see Samsung and Acer in the flyer.

Can you also tell me if the Acer tablet Google certify or has Google Ask aps? I was watching the Acer Iconia on TSC and they said something about Google certify so I just wonder if they are the same or is the SDM selling a really waterdown version.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sat, Nov 15th, 2014 at 09:01 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Does SDM sells Nexus tablet too? I only see Samsung and Acer in the flyer.

Can you also tell me if the Acer tablet Google certify or has Google Ask aps? I was watching the Acer Iconia on TSC and they said something about Google certify so I just wonder if they are the same or is the SDM selling a really waterdown version.
    Yes on the Nexus - I have the first generation (2012): 32gb, sale price was around $249 (I got lucky and was able to buy it for less than $50 because of my dad's senior discount and a bonus redemption). Some stores also carry the 2nd generation (2013): 16gb, around $229 (I think) - the 2nd gen also has a rear facing camera, where as the 1st gen only has a front facing camera. I haven't seen them in the flyers lately, but definitely check in store.

The Acer is Google Play certified - but frankly, I find it cheap. I've written a more comprehensive comparison of the 2 in other posts. But besides the update issues, I find it very slow to respond to screen rotation (when you move the tablet on its side or upright again to get different views), and it just isn't as nice in general.
    The Acer 10" could be different though. I'd definitely look up some reviews on it before buying. It could actually be really great, I may just be jaded because I've used both for a while, and the differences between the Nexus and Acer are really strong to me.
    Decaf, sdddmd and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thank you so much luckybealady!
    sdddmd and luckbealady like this.

Thread Information