• 1 Post By toban
  • 2 Post By super807
  • 2 Post By toban
  • 2 Post By toban
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Pre-lit Christmas tree. Considering purchasing one, input needed please

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a 4 foot artificial unlit Christmas tree that is showing it's age. I'm in the market for a new tree, possibly 6 feet tall. Right now there are some sales on artificial trees. I heard with pre-lit, if one light burns out, the others stay lit? Is it easy to find a replacement for the burned out one? I do have a string of lights for my other tree (would need to buy a second set since the new tree is larger).

Any pros or cons if you own a pre-lit? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yikes, not an easy question to answer. I've heard the same about if one light burns out, they all go out, but not sure if that is still true or not. I would hope not....sure the "artificial Christmas tree industry" has made some form of advancement in technology.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

did you buy one yet? i just noticed in micheals flyer they have 40-60% off xmas trees some pre-lit. only this tuesday & weds from 9am-10am
    toban likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

My boyfriend bought one with target, its originally $50 and its currently on sale for $25. When we opened the box it gave us some extra lights if they need replacing. The biggest pro for a pre-lit tree was that the lights were already attached to the tree. No fumbling with the lights.

Also we found that we can just remove the lights off the tree. They're kept on with a clip, which a pro for him. He did the math and found it cheaper just to buy the tree. Most boxes come with 200 lights, while the tree we got had 250.

I can't say the same for other trees. We just got the one from Target because of my emp. discount.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a 7 foot un-lit tree for $25.00 at Target. Yay! The pre-lit $70 sale tree was sold out.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The tree is going back The box contains three pieces. I placed the feet on the bottom, spread apart the wire hinges. However the middle section will not fit into the bottom one. The pipe/poles are the same size, the middle one will not slide over/into the bottom one. Either a piece is missing or a faulty tree. It was on sale for $25.00 regular $50.00 at Target. It's going back. I'm not crazy about the hinges either and one branch came right off! My old tree you gently pulled out each branch to make it look nice. Oh well, I will find another tree.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

We bought a pre-lit Christmas tree at Sears a few years ago, during the Black Friday sales (that is often a good week to buy a tree if you need it for Christmas this year). Last year one section of lights burnt out. I bought new lights after Christmas as RCSS for $2 and we replaced the burnt out ones. It is nice to not have to put the lights in every year, so we like that.

With Christmas trees though, I find you get what you pay for. I hunted everywhere for a nice tree, and most places, they were real Charlie Brown trees. Am happy with the one we bought, but it cost around $125 if I remember correctly.
    Ciel and toban like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned the tree and bought a 7.5 foot at Home Depot on sale today. I too found some of the cheaper trees to be scraggly looking. I ended up paying more but happy with what I bought.
    Ciel and super807 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by toban; Tue, Nov 25th, 2014 at 04:34 PM.
    walkonby and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I looked into getting a pre-lit tree a few years back and even did but I found that there were a few problems with it.

1. There didn't seem to be enough lights for my taste and
    2. The lights seemed to be poorly strung and it wasn't one of the cheapo pre-lits it was a expensive Sears special

So instead we kept out 4ft tree that we have had since we've been together, I took hours to string TONS of lights on it (like I like it) and now since it is only 4 ft it gets stored in assembled position with those lights on it. And to make up for how short it is we place it on something to give it more height as this was my complaint after a few years.
    walkonby likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Thread Information