User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Don't forget the toy donations

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your idea is so good. the toy donation bin is to collect more toys to give more needy children.
    I'll join in this activity.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So after I already made my donation my workplace decides that its time to organize a toy drive for the first time LOL

Anyway, they gave us a list of what is in need that could be helpful to you

Paper, pens/pencils
    Board games and puzzles
    LEGO
    Art/craft supplies - paint, crayons, markers, glitter, stickers, scissors, popsicle sticks, construction paper, easels etc.
    Balls, nets, pucks
    ROMEO, Ciel, Anna Michele and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I would like to think that the organizations all doing toy drives have a post-gift giving session and put remaining toys into storage for next year? Some stations (radio/tv) do toy drives. I even saw an organization with a table display inside Food Basics last month trying to get shoppers to buy a toy from the display for needy kids but I don't know the group/did not like the toys/had no money.

Lego bricks offer so many possibilities!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes I remember when Salvation Army's Toronto warehouse burned to the ground one year. I seem to remember them saying that they had stockpiled toys from the previous year. Awful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I would like to think that the organizations all doing toy drives have a post-gift giving session and put remaining toys into storage for next year? Some stations (radio/tv) do toy drives. I even saw an organization with a table display inside Food Basics last month trying to get shoppers to buy a toy from the display for needy kids but I don't know the group/did not like the toys/had no money.

Lego bricks offer so many possibilities!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pickering Town Centre (Ontario)- entrance 6, join the CTV news crew at 6pm for a Toy Mountain live broadcast. Target, Sears, and Hudson's Bay are in the mall if you want to donate
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    You're absolutely right.

My bag was full of jewelry and hair accessories for teenage girls . I separated them in ziploc bags so they can go together with outfits (e.g. green hairband and green earrings together).

I realize now I should've left a note but hopefully the gift sorters will figure out that they are sorted for a reason

I'm thinking books would be great for teens too
    Target makeup and nail polish sale... just sayin'.

And I was shocked recently to see teenage relatives, boys & girls. who show no interest in anything if it's not an Apple product talk over each other about the Hunger Games books.
    Last edited by Durham Couponer; Mon, Dec 8th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I decide to donate my 'son'--a big ape, looks like the Ceasar in the Raise Of the Planet Of the Apes. I love it and hope someone can take care it for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information