User Tag List

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Nancy I am in the same boat with my teen. I finally caved and thought fine get him an Iphone from Santa. (he has been bugging for one forever) Thought great something he really wanted but now he is asking for just "cash" $600 to be exact lol for some attachment for his guitar amp. He said that is all he wants, don't buy him anything else. Well he has a little brother that believes so if he was an only child it may have been that easy but we need gifts for under the tree.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I visited my pregnant friend this morning for a couple of hours, longer than I am had planned...but she needed support. I brought her some apple crisp. All of the dishes are done. The kitchen floor, hallway, and entrance are all freshly washed. I'm just waiting for the floors to dry so that I can put everything back. LO is still down for his nap. I don't think that the chicken thighs will be thawed in time for tonight's supper. I guess I should fold my clothes and possibly put on a load of dress clothes for myself. I'm supposed to pick up a few used clothing items for LO at about 4pm. It is across town, so I plan on stopping at the back while we are out and about.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My friend and I spent an hour getting to a specialty store only to have them tell me that they were closed for inventory. & no, it wasn't on their website, but they sent out a tweet a few days ago telling everyone. On the plus side, my friend's husband snuck off work early to pick us up so we wouldn't freeze to death coming back home.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I got around to downloading the pics from last night at the Xmas market. It was fun scoring free chocolate and a taste of beer (I was too lazy to stand in line for free wine, so had to make do ).

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

nice pics
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I found it funny that they set up Santa & his entourage underneath the giant spider-like sculpture. I know if it were me going to see Santa in my formative years, I'd be even more arachnophobic than I already am.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

((hugs)) crochet lady. can't imagine what your going through.

long day here. started early taking my mom to her treatments, then to costco. then back to moms to fix and deliver her new wreath. she loves it.
    then back home. cleaning quite happy with how the house is looking.
    waiting for a pick up. another one tomorrow. slowly im working my way through my xmas list and not much OOP.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Not a good day here. On the weekend the left side of my skull started acting up. So far it had been the right side. Called the Dr. and he`s increasing the prednisone back to 15 mg for 8 weeks and then will start weaning again. I`m back to taking pain meds every 4 hours again. This morning I woke up at 7:00 took the first and within 15 minutes was barfing. That lasted for the next hour.
    I was supposed to go to the ladies Christmas potluck at church tonight but that`s not happening.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
    So sorry you are going through all this - BIG HUGS for you, with wishes and prayers that you be granted some relief.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    Sorry to hear that Crochetlady. Hope you find the right balance of meds to make things good, or at least bearable.

It was awesome here today, high of 13. Made sure to fill up the gas tank so I wouldn't be kicking myself if I had to refuel on a freezing cold day.
    The only Christmas decorating I've done today (or at all) was at work. It wasn't going to get done otherwise if it hadn't been for me lol
    welcome to thread!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Crochetlady hope you feel better soon, hope you are able to keep your meds, food and liquids down shortly. Praying that the meds work quickly and your head/skull feel better.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 07:52 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Happy December....
    Subscribing....
    Hoping to keep up with you in December.
    Name:  hello-december-via-firework-tumblr.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  35.0 KB

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Wanted to have a positive post today....we picked up our rescue cat finally-he is starting to get used to us, goes in to the vets tomorrow for surgery (neuter) and vaccinations. Very friendly boy.

As well I am fundraising again- hosting a sensory sensitive Santa day here in Brantford for all the kiddies like my ds who can't "do" typical Santa....
    http://thebookoftimothy.blogspot.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

December already....Wow....where does the time go. Super busy here today. Trying to get ahead on a few things so cooked 4 meals today : ( Well 3 really as had left over Pizza but I'm still pooped

1.(Monday) Pizza, Ceasar Salad and Fresh Banana Bread for dessert..Yum...Yum...Topped with Free Icecream
    2.(Tuesday) Pulled Pork, Colesalw, Kaiser Buns and French Fries.
    3.(Wednesday) Perogies, Fried onions,Bacon, Fried garlic sausage and Steamed carrot and celery sticks.
    4.(Thursday) Porkchops with Fresh Sauted Mushrooms and Sauce, Baked Potatoes and Steamed Brocolli/Red,Yellow and Orange Pepper Strips.
    5.(Friday) Battered Highliner Fish, Rice and Carrots.
    Will fill in the rest of my Menu on Thursday. Made 3 batches of Banana Bread in small loave pans. Already to go with the Free Icecream from No-Frills this week Hope to put the tree up on Wednesday and maybe some outdoor light Hope everyone has an Awesome week Stay warm
    Last edited by Scottishgal; Thu, Dec 4th, 2014 at 05:59 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Finally got the grocery shopping done tonight with the car and out of eight packages of 50% off tea biscuits, one had blueberries so I got my 400 pts for it and the 200pts for buying carrots (even though it was 99cents and offer is for every $1 spent-cannot figure out PC Plus because 1 cent less means out of luck on pts usually i.e. freeze pops, laundry detergent). Was happy to find all-natural peanut butter at Shoppers for $3.99 (lots of smooth PB jars left on shelf; Food Basics is charging $4.99 for PB this week) and had missed the $2.99 Sat/Sun pricing but oh well.

Did anyone have a twice as long commute home along the 403 hwy tonight? Brother was unhappy it took him 2h from Oakville to home in pm rush hour. At least he had a couple of dinner items for tonight and I had a pkg of spicy lattice chips heated up when he arrived.

Noticed a few sites have Advent calendar type promos/contests posted for Dec. Have to check daily to see if there is a discount or a giveaway (I'd like some needed winter items). Long Tall Sally started one too, so tall ladies check their website daily just in case!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I applied for a loan a couple weeks ago to consolidate a few of our debts. Facilitate repairs on my car and bfs quad as well as help in my credit rebuild. We got approved so yay i get to fix the squael mobile.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information