User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Perez

Thread: Donations needed for children in Foster care.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope it is okay that i post this. I'm a former member who has returned recently. I was thinking that this group is especially poised to make a difference in the lives of children in Foster Group homes, Kinder homes (where a family member cares for the child, but receives no funding) and those that are over 16 and must live independently. As you can imagine funding is limited for foster children, but these groups in particular do not receive Government funds for holiday gifts. I want to make a difference for them this year.

I am fundraising and gathering donations for these families in the Region of Peel, but you are welcome to approach your regional CAS group to do the same. In particular, I'm hoping that this group can help me gather nonperishable food items, personal hygiene products and if you can they also need Gift cards for Grocery stores including Walmart, Hats, gloves, scarves, new and unwrapped toys and books. Donations can be dropped off at CAS to the attention of Janet Gilbert, Holiday Wishes Coordinator at 6860 Century Ave, Mississauga, ON L5N 2V8. I live in the Brampton area and am collecting the donations at my home as well as directing people to the CAS. Anything that you can do will help bring some relief, some happiness and show these children that their community cares about them.

This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Arvilish likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good deed for sure, but really really sketchy first post lol. i take a lot of food to homeless shelters and blankets and clothing and things but i dont know if the deals section was the place to post this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know, I couldn't find an appropriate section to post this. Sketchy? How so?

Thread Information