User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoddessDigi

Thread: What are your thoughts about the Pharmacies at Loblaws/RCSS/No Frills?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking to switch Pharmacies.

I've been using either Shoppers or Rexall all my life, and I'm wondering how the pharmacies located in certain Loblaws / No Frills / SuperStore locations stack up in terms of:

1. price, both of the drug and the dispensing fee (non-prescription drugs are cheaper at Loblaws etc., so I'm wondering if that also translates to prescription drugs)
    2. service

(Costco isn't an option since I cancelled my membership a couple of years ago - plus the lineups at their pharmacy were always horrendous!)

Also, if there is a price difference between Loblaws/NoFrills/RCSS vs. Shoppers/Rexall, is there also a price difference between Loblaws vs. No Frills vs. RCSS (like their food and other items I'd expect the price at Loblaws > RCSS > No Frills).

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

The dispensing fee I believe is less how ever the cost of the medications themselves might be more in some cases. You can always call your local one and ask how much a certain prescription will be and compare.

The service depends on the store. As with most places some locations are better then others and even some staff are better then others. It depends on how much you depend on your pharmacist and how often you go. I have not had a problem with RCSS myself but others might say differently.

As for Costco--I'm not sure that this is still true but I remember hearing that anyone can use the COSTCO pharmacy (even people without memberships) as it illegal deny pharmacy services. This might have changed and this was in Ontario so you might want to check out your local Costco to be sure.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm almost 100% positive, you can get prescrips. filled at Costco without a membership. $3 dispensing fee, I believe.
    kiwis-mom likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's right, you don't need a membership to get prescriptions filled at Costco.

Thread Information