User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Wal Mart : Horrible Produce Quality & Expensive - Fruits , Veggies etc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Was at Wal Mart today . They had absolutely horrible produce.

The fruits & veggies were NOT fresh at all & more expensive than regular grocery stores like No Frills , Food Basics , Frshco etc. Some looked almost rotten to me.

I guess , I will be sticking to dedicated grocery stores from now on.

The WM staff also didn't seem to care, don't blame them though, its not in their hands & they get poor wages too
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, Guess, No Frills, Walmart
    emg, bella_bamba, GeorgiaK and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I just don't know why people would go to WM for produce or meat. Just don't get it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i got a bag of oranges there last wk...they were horrid. NOT juicy & had funny taste. i wont buy that again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    i got a bag of oranges there last wk...they were horrid. NOT juicy & had funny taste. i wont buy that again.
    You can bring them back and get reimbursed. From the walmart.ca website:

Produce, bakery, deli, meat & seafood: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied with the quality and freshness of the products you buy, simply bring it back with your receipt and we will gladly refund your purchase or replace your item.
    lecale, newtosave and GatineauGirl like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 12:07 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Was at Wal Mart today . They had absolutely horrible produce.

The fruits & veggies were NOT fresh at all & more expensive than regular grocery stores like No Frills , Food Basics , Frshco etc. Some looked almost rotten to me.

I guess , I will be sticking to dedicated grocery stores from now on.

The WM staff also didn't seem to care, don't blame them though, its not in their hands & they get poor wages too
    I noticed that the produce from Food Basics was horrible too. My cucumbers, for example, all "melted" within days of bringing them home. I lost everything else in the produce drawer of my fridge because of that....it wasn't pretty. I hope you have better luck with the dedicated grocery store you next shop at!
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

fruit, yeah, I hear these are in season
    Hahahaha!
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ahh yes i know the feeling.. i bought carrots and one of them had an off spot on them.. i'd return but it's not worth driving 15/20 min to walmart, finding parking, waiting in the return line all for $2... and with produce it's not something you can return on your next trip... it's something that has to be done that day or the next day
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i got some really bad grapes over the weekend at Wally, I had to throw out almost half of the bag. Most of them was dried up, I m guessing they were stored for too long before they hit the shelf. I price matched for $.97/lb, but only half were edible.
    Last edited by cinpow; Wed, Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:56 AM.
    coupon girl likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

When I'm buying grapes,I look at the stems.They begin to shrivel and go brown when they're old,a sign that it's been awhile since they were picked.
    Ciel, GoJays and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hate paying the high price for fruits and vegetables in the winter for them to go bad so quickly, so I end up buying them at Costco, I usually find them very expensive but for the winter I'd rather pay the price and get decent food than throw out most of it...
    seylz_gurl and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Honestly I find produce bad everywhere right now, last Friday I was at Zerhs and they wanted 5.77 for a container of strawberries that had mild so thick you couldn't even see inside the package. Blueberries were the only produce that wasn't mouldy, bruised or wilted. Oh and bananas but they were green.
    I guess you aren't supposed aren't healthy during the holidays.
    Ciel, lecale and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The produce at many of the grocery stores near me has been the same. We have started getting a good food box, it comes from fairly local farms so hasn't been on a truck for a week and you pay $15 for $25 store prices (ok reg $15 if you shop sales but I am lazy and its great I can pick it up on my way home from work 5 mins from my house) but they only do it once a month. The difference in quality from even the more expensive supermarkets is noticeable
    Ciel, torontogal12 and wolfwoman like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes our WM sucks too for veggies and fruit. I don't even look in that section anymore if I'm there which is rare now.
    I shop the sales for fruit/veggies. This week pears were .97Lb at Food Basics and they were nice! and bananas. .57 lb

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think the problem is with produce in general in winter. We pay a ton to have bland veggies that go bad in 2 days. I find this is happening with the pricey stores too. I've had problems with Walmart produce before but not most of the tim. But ours is the busiest in Canada and has high turnover

Maybe go to a higher foot traffic store?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Dec 3rd, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information