User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: bored of SDM now..

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

This is and isn't what you think.. Until a few months ago I never shopped at SDM and after the suggestion of a wise SCer I started doing my major diaper and formula shops there..

5.96 8,280
    or
    51.92 1,710+32,490

These are the type of transactions (or BETTER) I've had. I usually do the $18.500 on $75 and get the 20x personal offer on the first transaction. So needless to say I'm super bored by the $18.500 on $100 offers right now and I won't even be bothered shopping there unless I'm getting $18.500 on a $75 transaction. I have MAJOR coupons to use but can't get my fill because I refuse the 18.500 on $100 and am now waiting until Jan to get my final shops done.. I was getting $18.500 on a total purchase oop of $5.97 after coupons.. SO yeah, I'm bored now.. I would say I have about 10-15 18.500 shops I am looking to do all costing me under $6. Hurry up New Year..
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Ciel, dizzyb, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hear ya but I'm NEVER going to get bored with:

free chocolate
    free shampoo/conditioner
    free TP
    free cereal

The list continues.

On weeks like this one I still have $1.50 off and Lindt - that is free chocolate, $3 off Head & Shoulders - free trial shampoo for a co-worker, 2000 pts any TP - free 4 pk. Shopper's Brand

So yea, my shops are small this week but over the year they add up and this Xmas there is a LOT of Lindt Truffles in stockings that cost me $0!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've found lately that I don't even care what their promos are. If I can spend $30 and get back 12,000 points using personal coupons (I get a lot of 8000 WUS $30 on food and various points for food coupons), then I'm not going to try and spend more that I don't really need to

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My opinion is a little bit strange! I agree with all three if you. I agree with lisalisa that i dont like this "$100.00 minimum" limit so i am not doing a lot of shopping these days. But i agree with bccheapmom that i still use their email coupons seperately to get something for free or for very little price. For example, this week i got a coupon for 3000 bp on maybeline mascara. I guess it is on sale for $3.99. Including tax it is going to be $4.47. But 3000 pts on a $210.00 redemption level is $6.63. So who wins in the end?

And i agree with luckbealady that sometimes we can get so many pts back on a very small shop that it is not necessary to shop for , our favourite spending limit, $50.00. This week i got almost 8000 pts back on a $23.xx food and snack transaction. 8k pts equals $10.00-$17.00 (on a $210.00 redemption level).

So, in the end, you just have to pick your battles!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm super pumped to go shopping every week ever since my SDM changed to allow manufacturers coupons with personalized coupons. With the help of SC I have learned to buy items that I don't need but are money makers. My neighbourhood community centre gets really excited every month when I make a car load of donations to them.
    Last week 5 resolve products cost me $2.64 +$3.30 tax + 1 stamp after all incentives.
    This week febreeze cost me $0.47 which was tax after all incentives. Also 10 boxes of Christie crackers was $1.11 total after all incentives.
    The trick to higher savings is to treat your reward points/rebates/coupons as your asset and bonus points as interest & investments.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Thu, Dec 18th, 2014 at 04:18 AM.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

It seems to me that it wasn't so long ago the promotional offers were based on spending $50.00, then it was $75 now $100? I have done way less shopping at SDM in the last year, as the promotional offers haven't been as good as they used to be. I used to get personalized coupons sent in the mail for bonus points, but haven't gotten any of those for quite some time. I guess that is because I don't "spend enough" there any more.
    $$avingmom

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

It's just because it's Christmas. These are the promos at christmas

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    It's just because it's Christmas. These are the "promos" at christmas
    Fixed lol

I pass on the 18,500 WUS $100 also.....they are just preying on last minute (desperate) shoppers !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    It's just because it's Christmas. These are the promos at christmas
    I hope you're right Anne..Now that SDM is owned by Loblaws you never know what's going to happen in the New Year..look at all those 30% stickers on food now..the change is coming and I don't like it..by the way I'm a very positive person and I hope I'm wrong!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am thankful to have a program like Optimum available. No other loyalty program gives me anywhere near as much in return. If the promos do change (which I don't think they will because it is like this every Christmas) I will continue to collect Optimum points. If I don't like the $100 threshold then I will shop somewhere else. I can shop at Walmart or Food Basics and get nothing in return...or at SDM and receive Optimum points. I have received $550 of free stuff at SDM this year and seriously don't buy anything I don't need to earn the points that gave me that free stuff. I am amazed at the return I get on my money spent! I am so thankful to have Optimum...no matter what.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    I hear ya but I'm NEVER going to get bored with:

free chocolate
    free shampoo/conditioner
    free TP
    free cereal

The list continues.

On weeks like this one I still have $1.50 off and Lindt - that is free chocolate, $3 off Head & Shoulders - free trial shampoo for a co-worker, 2000 pts any TP - free 4 pk. Shopper's Brand

So yea, my shops are small this week but over the year they add up and this Xmas there is a LOT of Lindt Truffles in stockings that cost me $0!
    Me too! I only do 2-3 20X WUS $50 throughout the year and use those promos for video games. Most of my points are earned by using my personalized coupons. I am really lucky....I get alot of 6000 or 8000 WUS $20 on food and snacks...those points add up super fast!! Little shops are what get me the most points This week I received 6000 WUS $20 on candy and snacks, 1500pts WUB any Lindtt, 800 pts on milk, 1500pts on any body wash........that shop gave me 9800pts and I only spent $30. I miss the days of diapers and formula though...omg....I used to rack up points and spend literally nothing!!!! Kids are older now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well said.

I think I got around $1200 in free stuff over the last year. And that doesn't count my credit card loyalty points on top of that

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    I am thankful to have a program like Optimum available. No other loyalty program gives me anywhere near as much in return. If the promos do change (which I don't think they will because it is like this every Christmas) I will continue to collect Optimum points. If I don't like the $100 threshold then I will shop somewhere else. I can shop at Walmart or Food Basics and get nothing in return...or at SDM and receive Optimum points. I have received $550 of free stuff at SDM this year and seriously don't buy anything I don't need to earn the points that gave me that free stuff. I am amazed at the return I get on my money spent! I am so thankful to have Optimum...no matter what.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

point taken, i am not trying to bash the system. I was just pointing out that it seems to be taking more spending to get the points these days! I redeemed yesterday and went back in and did a second shop and used the spend $75 get $20 off your purchase! This was a decent promotion!
    $$avingmom

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was just wondering where everyone is getting the personal coupons from. I can't remember how to access them (or if I ever have) and I would love to use those and the other manufacturers ones! I'd appreciate any help finding them!
    Also, I am so looking forward to having the lovely clearance sections back at Shoppers. I know they put all their shelfspace to use during the holidays, but I can't wait for the better deals!
    I did get a lot of chocolate from Shoppers recently- Hersheys kisses for 1.99 for the big bags, 1.49 for cadbury buttons, mr. big and all those. There were a lot at the Waterloo location with $2 manager coupons off that made my Christmas shopping for all the people I am going to see very easy! I ended up getting 13 bags of full sized bars or packets for $30!!
    Ciel and amira84 like this.
    Use Ebates and get cash back when shopping online!
    Please use my referral code and email address: [email protected] to spread the love: http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=xnp4A9wmVSo%3D Thank you!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by veebee View Post
    I was just wondering where everyone is getting the personal coupons from. I can't remember how to access them (or if I ever have) and I would love to use those and the other manufacturers ones! I'd appreciate any help finding them!
    Also, I am so looking forward to having the lovely clearance sections back at Shoppers. I know they put all their shelfspace to use during the holidays, but I can't wait for the better deals!
    I did get a lot of chocolate from Shoppers recently- Hersheys kisses for 1.99 for the big bags, 1.49 for cadbury buttons, mr. big and all those. There were a lot at the Waterloo location with $2 manager coupons off that made my Christmas shopping for all the people I am going to see very easy! I ended up getting 13 bags of full sized bars or packets for $30!!
    They come in your personal email (like [email protected] or [email protected]). If you log in to your Optimum account on the Shoppers website, and then go to update your profile, you can look for something that asks about opting in to emails (around 4 lines down) and there is a box to check - so you can at least see if you've opted in.
    Sometimes changing your email account works too (I almost always get my emails through my hotmail account - every once in a while there will a be a week where I don't get one, but it's pretty reliable).
    Ciel and veebee like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information