User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tierra Lemieux

Thread: Cut Costs at Christmas Time

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

I've seen lots of new ideas for cutting down on Christmas spending so I am sharing a few.

• Buy less candy. Everyone is already getting a lot of it at others party's and their stockings. The stocking or coffee table candy trays or bowls could be where you spend less
    • Use online comparison websites to make sure you are getting the best deal when you shop online
    • While grocery shopping save on produce by stocking up on produce that is least expensive at this time of year including: broccoli, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, cabbage, pears, oranges, tangerines. This is part of a seasonal sales cycle in which it is the least expensive month of the year to buy certain items. Baking supplies also go on sale this month.
    • Take advantage of gift rebates. Some I was unaware of: Save up to $40 with Hasbro's Happier Holiday's Rebate or Crayola's Holiday Rebate saving up to $38.
    • Start shopping early so you are less likely to make impulse buys due to rushing.
    • Use gift bags not wrapping paper. Gift bags can be reused year after year and cut down on wrapping paper expenses
    • Hate to sound like a scrouge, but skip shopping for pets who are spoiled enough any way

HO! HO! HO!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

another SC idea: buy gifts and gift bags throughout the year, when the price is at it's lowest. Gift bags can be had for $0.10 or $0.25

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I like your suggestions! Thanks for starting this thread!

Thread Information