• 1 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By GoddessDigi
  • 1 Post By terry2144
  • 1 Post By abbasgirl
  • 2 Post By GoddessDigi

Thread: Walmart.ca is SHADY

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

December 2nd, I ordered DH a new AM/FM transmitter, since his broke. The page said it would deliver by that Thursday, December 4th (which is why I ordered it, since I wouldn't be going shopping again until that weekend).
    Well, since I did not receive it on Thursday, I checked the status on Friday morning...it wasn't even shipped. So, I called to cancel. While on the phone, I was assured it was cancelled.

Now...3 WEEKS later. December 23rd, I receive an email. It's shipped! Wait, what? So I check the tracking. CP received notice they would be receiving the shipment.
    December 24th, an hour ago, I call and try to figure out what's going on. At first, I was told I never cancelled it. But after some digging (which they were too lazy to do until I insisted), they find the notes saying I cancelled the order. Wait 25 minutes on hold, get transferred to a Supervisor. Who is willing to do NOTHING. I would have to refuse the package at the door (which is impossible, as CP always just puts these small packages in the box, so I never even see the mail person, that's if I were even here) or return to the store. After Christmas. With all those people with gift receipts for Christmas presents....uhh, yeah, no. I have seen those lines. Heck, I have BEEN in one those lines. With 2 kids, and it was NOT fun. And long. And oh so very stressful. (Plus, the store here gives sooooo much crap at Returns, it's not even funny. You have to jump through some hoops for those guys, even with a receipt. They try to only do an exchange, Every. Single. Time.).
    So, asked to speak to someone above the Supervisor. She says she'll transfer me to a manager....and hangs up on me!!!

Oh gosh, I am LIVID.
    Not how I should've spent my Christmas Eve morning! I'd have much rather been cuddling my poor sick DD....
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Walmart
    ROMEO, SFARAZ, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a firm believer in trying to resolve things over the phone, privately. However, in this case, posting this on their Facebook page may just help you in getting this resolved. I would be livid too. Good luck.
    Colsgirl, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I assume you paid with a credit card. Contact the card tell them you cancelled the order and they shipped it anyway and charged your card without permission.
    Colsgirl, ROMEO, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I got the crockpot I ordered to find it on my front step when I got home in the drizzling rain so the package was damp. All they did was slap a shipping label on the retail box. I am shocked it was not stolen.

CP never knocked either.

I tried to call and talk to a supervisor and could not even do that because they are to busy. I am apparently supposed to get a call back but I am not holding my breath. The person on the phone tried to blame Canada Post except that Canada Post are not the ones who labeled it and shipped it like that, just crappy delivery to add to the issue. Had it been a gift I would be forced to figure out how to pick the shipping label off the package.
    ROMEO, Angela273, lecale and 3 others like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, that's just odd.

When you checked online after you cancelled, what showed up as the status?

I order from there often, and I guess I'm lucky, have never had a problem.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:54 AM.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've ordered from walmart.ca since 2012 and only had a major problem when CP lost my package, once. But I complained on Facebook and got a refund immediately. I also made sure not to order anything online anymore at any store, starting on December 1st to avoid any problems and due to past experiences.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

@ OP, if they have a record of your cancelled order, you can stop payment and have WM deal with their mistake.

I used to shop WM online all the time until after a very polite phone call I made and they blocked me.

Here's my experience with WM both good and bad.

Pros:

Some times same day, next day shipment; occasionally offer great sale.

Cons:

- orders went through and got cancelled later bc they ran out of stocks (happened many times)
    - ship $2 item (partial shipment) what a waste of money
    - slap a shipping label on large item (a clothes rack) and send it just like that.
    - Ordered M size tops, shipped L; ordered L, shipped XL...when I called them, they told me to bring the items to the store for refund or exchange. No problem there EXCEPT the barcodes on the items don't match with the packing slips. CS told me to bring the items to the store and have the store CSR phone head office (basically I have to explain the whole thing again to the store and waste time waiting for CSR calling H.O.) I ended up giving the wrong sizes items away...and WM blocked me so I can't even log in my account / shop there anymore all bc of their warehouse picker's mistake. I was extremely polite on the phone, not upset just trying to find out how to exchange for the right size...so it's their loss for blocking me.

-They won't approve online price match until the sale's over.
    Last edited by Decaf; Wed, Dec 24th, 2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Arvilish likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:54 AM.
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Website said cancelled. I ordered DS that Spiderman backpack, right after, and it came the NEXT DAY, delivered on the weekend even.
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have only ordered a printer from there. I wasn't home and had to pick up at the post office. Maybe the postman thought it wasn't a good idea to leave it as it was in it's original.
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aw! Sorry some of you had such bad experiences. I started ordering from them recently because I hate shopping in their store. So far I haven't had any problems, but nothing would really surprise me from Walmart.
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I've only had a problem ordering online (the stores SUCK), once before this, and they handled it amazingly, and promptly (refunded HALF of what I paid, because it was an error on their end).

So, a Manager called me back, and I'll have to return it in store, but he says he'll send a $20 gift card (we'll see if that happens...). If they give me any issues, I will be mad...very very mad, though. I am NOT exchanging, and feeling rushed to just pick stuff to equal the right total.
    abbasgirl and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been to a lot of different places , and I think Walmart is like that everywhere !!!

Thread Information