User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 10 Steps Every 20-Something Should Take With Their Money

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Kevin O'Leary's finance tips from an appearance on Marilyn's show. You have to hear the segment because the text is not quite what he said.
    http://www.marilyn.ca/Finance/segmen...MakeMoreBudget

If anyone has debt, O'Leary says they should be brownbagging lunches and bringing in a thermos of coffee to work , not takeout coffee (money on takeout should be used to pay down debt).
    He's invested in tobacco companies and Visa because if there are consumers willing to spend $4K per year on cigarettes or pay the 16% interest on their credit balances, he wants to make money from those decisions.
    He has a staffer at one of his companies review a certain expense for a month and have her call service providers and threaten to cancel services unless they cut their prices. He referred to Internet service in the specific example. I do wonder if the person who had to take that call had any idea of who was behind the call initiation.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't watch the video but the point about magazines is absolutely correct. Check to see if your library has an online catalogue for magazines. For those who live in Toronto, their online selection of magazines is massive and have non-English magazines or versions of magazines and most of the magazines that I read are on there. I cancelled my Food Network magazine subscription and now get it through the library. You don't have to have a smartphone and can look at it on a desktop or laptop computer. The only magazine that I actually purchase is the magazine that my soccer team puts out. I can only find it at Indigo and its not available online and with the exchange rate, its not any better for me to get a subscription and pay in pounds.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I actually like having magazines in my hands but they are subject to fairly quick recycling after I save what I want. Not a real fan of online magazine databases-Hamilton Public Library's one sole title of interest is The Economist and I've yet to access it online.

Mom's letting one subscription end and she'll be buying her copies of The Good Life at Shoppers when they appear (kind of hard to spot).

I did not learn investing until college due a math course. Sadly, I did not have income I could set aside to use that knowledge to invest in stocks or bonds. Lately I have been wondering if it would have been better not to have gone to college and spared Mom the expenses.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for this wonderful information. The guide is really helpful to manage our budgets and savings. I am also sharing one article on how to control family spending, have a look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information