User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) increases from $ 100 to $ 160, other increases to

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

It also seems to me that the people that decide to have so many kids, are the ones that are just getting by. I personally think it's unfair to have more kids than you can provide for...just because.[/QUOTE]

I know plenty of large families (5 kids+) that are by no means rich but are able to provide because they live frugally, have a garden, can/freeze their food and have their kids that are over 12 years of age pay for their own clothes and save for post secondary education - they have paper routes, shovel snow for their neighbours/mow lawns etc. And these same families give to charity because they are not striving to keep up with the Joneses.

When you use the phrase, "getting by" I am curious what you mean. There are plenty of families with one or two kids that are just 'getting by' because they are caught on the consumer treadmill of life. The larger families tend to say off this treadmill.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well of course you are taking this stance as a "motherof5boys" right?

All am saying is, rich people that are able to provide without struggle, for some reason don't have many kids. It bothers me when I see people on welfare / only one spouse working, with a brady bunch.

~post edited~
    Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    It also seems to me that the people that decide to have so many kids, are the ones that are just getting by. I personally think it's unfair to have more kids than you can provide for...just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I know plenty of large families (5 kids+) that are by no means rich but are able to provide because they live frugally, have a garden, can/freeze their food and have their kids that are over 12 years of age pay for their own clothes and save for post secondary education - they have paper routes, shovel snow for their neighbours/mow lawns etc. And these same families give to charity because they are not striving to keep up with the Joneses.

When you use the phrase, "getting by" I am curious what you mean. There are plenty of families with one or two kids that are just 'getting by' because they are caught on the consumer treadmill of life. The larger families tend to say off this treadmill.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: thread cleaning

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Well of course you are taking this stance as a "motherof5boys" right?

All am saying is, rich people that are able to provide without struggle, for some reason don't have many kids. It bothers me when I see people on welfare / only one spouse working, with a brady bunch. ~post edited~
    Not sure what is happening here, but your post above has a 'quote' (from me apparently) which is incorrect. This is what I wrote:
    Originally Posted by momof5boys

Last edited by FallenPixels; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 03:48 PM. Reason: thread cleaning

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Boy this thread has taken a real off topic turn, more about social standing than the UCCB.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 05:17 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Can we get this back on topic or it will be expired
    Colsgirl and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I for one am not looking forward to doing my tax return next year with the changes made to UCCB. I am thinking that with the tax allowance they did away with and the UCCB being taxable, we may end up owing

I noticed when I finally received the printed confirmation through from Revenue Canada the UCCB has to be put on the lowest earners tax return irrespective of who actually receives it. I am thinking that is more of a help than a hindrance because I am a tax bracket lower than dh and if we put it on his we'd be taxed on it at a higher rate!!
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I for one am not looking forward to doing my tax return next year with the changes made to UCCB. I am thinking that with the tax allowance they did away with and the UCCB being taxable, we may end up owing

I noticed when I finally received the printed confirmation through from Revenue Canada the UCCB has to be put on the lowest earners tax return irrespective of who actually receives it. I am thinking that is more of a help than a hindrance because I am a tax bracket lower than dh and if we put it on his we'd be taxed on it at a higher rate!!
    Yes it is of your benefit for it to be declared by the lowest income in the family.
    Here is an interesting ariticle outlining what most of us will actually keep of the UCCB. It spells it out in laymens terms and is a bit of an eye opener for those that think it is a perk for us to receive this.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/3-th...pact-1.3161108
    Colsgirl, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are indeed correct. Hopefully many are thinking like you because come tax time they might be in for a shock when they find out they owe. Makes financial sense to add it to the lower earner's returns.

Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

There has also been the addition of income sharing right? So hopefully that will help offset as well..

Ciel likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information