User Tag List

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    looks like im heading to the Marymaxim sale this weekend. stock up on wool/yarn. $1.49 a skein!
    Oh have fun MrsS. I used to go there a lot when I did counted cross stitch. It`s a great store.[/QUOTE]
    I looooove marymaxim
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh no avon that sucks!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Dark and dreary here today. Brats are still asleep. Not sure if they're sulking cause they didn't get to go on the field trip or cause they don't have a patch of sunlight to fight over.

As for the field trip, it was a bit chilly, but lots of fun. I discovered an unofficial doggy park while wandering around. Anyone wanna play where in Toronto was Andi?

Name:  P1080288.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  118.1 KB

Here's a better clue:

Name:  P1080281.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  60.4 KB

Oh & did I mention is was a bit chilly?

Name:  P1080279.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  54.7 KB

Lots of fun. And maybe by the weekend, I'll have thawed out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

From the first picture, I thought it might have been one of the Exhibition Place buildings, but I don't think the rest fit. Is that area out east near Scarborough?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! So glad it is almost Friday! I can't wait!! Busy work day today and tomorrow and then my load should be a bit easier. It never seems to end though. Have 2 pick up arranged for today and left on the porch Will try and post a few things tonight too. And will go to my moms and do a bit of laundry My honey is roasting a chicken for us for dinner.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    From the first picture, I thought it might have been one of the Exhibition Place buildings, but I don't think the rest fit. Is that area out east near Scarborough?
    Not quite as far as Scarborough, but just east of downtown. Any idea what the building is or what goes on in there? It's actually one of the most important places in Toronto.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Is your current mortgage with a bank or through a broker?? know brokers can get your mortgages via banks but you know what I mean I am just curious!!!
    We've always gone with a broker. The first time I visited the banks, they were so trigger happy to pull our credit rating. We hadn't found the house yet and it was during the time of bidding wars. She also pulled out a calculator on two occasions to calculate 5% on a $100,000 as an example for us.

I ran to a broker, who asked to see our household budget and expenses. He said he was not going to tell us what we could afford, but wanted us to tell him what we wanted to afford. Then he would tell us if we'd get approved for it. That sold it for me, to find someone that was also interested in the smallest mortgage for the least amount of time. He also encouraged us to put the most amount of money down that we could and pay the mortgage as fast as we could. It was a completely different message that we got from the bank and I was really happy to work with him.

He also explained all the little details in the mortgage and told us not just to look at the rates, but the conditions and "perks" that came with each one. For example, at the time the cashback mortgages had higher rates, so even though they're giving you cashback, it's not as good as the ones without cashback.

He also accomodated us at his six-figure "mansion" in Oakville on a Saturday so DH and I wouldn't have to take time off work, even though it was pretty far out of our area. We wish we had used his home inspector recommendation instead of our realtor's. All in all, it was so nice to find someone in the financial industry that seemed like he was trying to find the best product for us and not for the bank.

Good luck, J&C and anyone else looking for a mortgage renewal!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Not quite as far as Scarborough, but just east of downtown. Any idea what the building is or what goes on in there? It's actually one of the most important places in Toronto.
    Military building? I see a high area behind it which would serve well as a lookout, the building is large so it might be manufacturing also. Close to the water is good for transport for both miltary and manufacturing. I just know I've never been there.

Is it near the Redpath Sugar plant?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yummy lunch today that I made Spinach salad with boiled egg cut up, sautéed mushrooms, cucumber and shredded cheese.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon ladies.
    slept in. i was up til nearly 2 am..

didnt' get my errand done. still thinking i might go.
    were supposed to get hit by a storm. i'll be taking a bus so wouldn't bother me.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'll put everyone out of their misery. We were down at the R C Harris Water Treatment plant, well, the park beside it. And I emphasized that I wasn't going back until all the ice melted!

It is a beautiful area, tho. Especially if you have a thing for distant city skylines.

Name:  P1080294.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  30.0 KB

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ha! i was going to head out to michael's to purchase tiny crochet hooks. called to make sure they have some in stock.. pfft. even with a coupon.. $$$
    i'll wait til Saturday and see if MM has a couple on hand.
    get caught up on a few things instead.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I'll put everyone out of their misery. We were down at the R C Harris Water Treatment plant, well, the park beside it. And I emphasized that I wasn't going back until all the ice melted!

It is a beautiful area, tho. Especially if you have a thing for distant city skylines.
    Oh thank you. I'm horrible at guessing games.

Has anyone seen any coupons for Royale TP lately? I thought they used to be regulars on gocoupons.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Popping in to say hello!

Happy Birthday @Natalka ! Hope your special day was special.

After a very busy week, saying good-bye to my student and having a stomach bug in the household (kids only) I am ready for the weekend times a million.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, Granger! Yes, I sure had a great day!

Well, great news in that my sore side pulled muscle seems to be almost mended - wow, what a difference it is now to move, etc. I don't feel it til the second sneeze or cough, but I don't have the pain with just regular moving any more.

Oh, Mary Maxim - used to mail order from them when I did needlework of all kinds. They had the most amazing stuff, compared to what I could get where I was living!

Hope everyone is having a great day. We're at the end of our 'around zero' weather, we'll be headed back to frigid temps....
    What we do need is snow, and LOTS of it. Getting a skiff every now and then makes all the ice worse.

My husband slipped Sunday - but caught himself, and wrenched his side. He was luckily just sore for a day.
    My son messaged me this morning that he slipped last night, fell flat on his back, but had a hurt neck this morning because he tried to 'not' fall and snapped his neck forward. He went to work, said he felt okay other than being sore, but I warned him it can hurt later..

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information