User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By couponingtosurvive
  • 3 Post By GoJays

Thread: What do I do now?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

We bought a 3 pc sofa set in Dec 2013 , just days before this particular furniture store was closing its door due to bankruptcy. There was a bait & switch issue, the units were not delivered in a box or any kind of protecting covering & I discovered a rip under the armrest on the single recliner chair a day after we signed that the item was received. I called the store & they gave me the run around & it was difficult to contact them( maybe a plot since the # of days to remain in business was becoming less). Anyway I contacted my MasterCard bank & sent them a detailed long letter & they gave me a credit while they investigated. It's been just about a year that I disputed the item and they have not reversed the credit. In the spring they had wanted me to find a furniture store/product expert to write a letter on my behalf stating that the couch set that I bought is full leather( what we paid for) & not just areas in direct contact with body when seated- inner armrest & seat( what we got).. I made them know that that was inconvenient as I had a baby taking care of & unfair ( I felt like I was not being trusted) . They could check my credit bureau, payment history with them( always always pay on time & in full). My question is does anyone reading this or knows someone who can comment on MasterCard policies regarding such issue? Is it too late at this point to reverse this credit? (mind you I made it clear we want to pay what the couches are actually worth , that we are not necessarily looking for a freebie).What is the timeframe for a merchant to provide proof to their merchant bank once an item is placed in dispute? I also believe my credit card has a benefit whereby if an item is " lost, stolen or damaged within 90 days( if I'm not mistaken), I'm credited the original amount I paid for the item provided that all conditions set out are met.I feel like the matter is not fully resolved as i don't have any written communication from the bank to that effect. Hubby says to stay put, the bank will follow up with us if need be.Any advice?
    TIA for your help,
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish I had good solid advice, but not sure what you do now; clearly it appears you have a valid benefit through your credit card. Did want to offer some encouragement though... it is these little things that, without us realizing it, can really weigh on us. A year is a long time to be dealing with your issue and I hope it is resolved very soon so you can stop thinking about it/feeling stress about it.
    Shirnette and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found a chargeback guide in the Merchants section of the Mastercard site. Think Chapter 7 applies to what merchant would have to do. Note the guide date is Oct. 2014.

http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchan..._CB_Manual.pdf
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, whether you think it's fair or not, you have to follow the instructions that the cc company gave you. You didn't mention how much was paid for the set but I'm assuming it wasn't cheap as it was advertised as being leather. IMO, your excuse for not finding this expert to write that letter on your behalf is not a very good one. Sounds to me like you just want a quick fix. Your cc company takes the loss if they decide to reverse the charge and they just want to make sure that it's for a legit reason. Yes, I know that credit cards make a lot of money but I imagine they wouldn't be in business too long if they reversed all charges made without proper investigation. Put yourself in their place - would you give back money because someone claimed that they got ripped off but didn't offer any proof of it? Sorry, I'm on MasterCard's side on this one.

Thread Information