User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Sephora question

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

For Christmas I received a Sephora GC, but I'm a strict MAC girl.

I have only been in Sephora once so I have no idea about the store.

I was thinking about getting a new eye shadow palette or maybe mini kit (if they carry such a thing) for travelling - so I don't have to worry about my MAC stuff getting lost or misplaced.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I looked at the Urban Decay and Too Faced palettes online but again I have no idea as I always buy MAC. I plan on going into the store when the kids are back at school and I have some time to shop by myself but thought I'd post and see what people say.

TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Sephora
    ROMEO and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My girls love MAC and Sephora, I don't know about a travel kit..but they have all the naked pallets..and they love them..
    ROMEO and bargain_hunter_lola like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could take a look at the website for ideas of what to buy if you haven't already done that
    In case you want to try new products, they sell skincare and perfume too. I think they even have some hair products.
    Last edited by Cocovanilla; Fri, Jan 2nd, 2015 at 05:59 PM.
    ROMEO and bargain_hunter_lola like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know the Two Faced Palettes are popular. I honestly don't own any palettes but I would check the website for ideas. Sephora has plenty of options.

The Sephora gift cards (Canada) can only be used in store and not for purchases through the website.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Last edited by Candini; Thu, Feb 5th, 2015 at 08:12 PM. Reason: double post

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

If I had $300 to burn I would get the Urban decay naked vault online. Any of their naked eye shadow pallets I've heard nothing but great things. Smash box is alright too. They have various pallets. I like benefit too.

Naked comes in 1, 2 and 3 full size and also 1, 2, 3 in a travel size. Great natural colors plus they have the variety of matte and shimmer in one pallet

http://www.sephora.com/naked3-P384099

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

You could always buy skin care products there. They have brands like clinque and what not. I'm sure you can find MAC dupes at sephora too.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm leaning towards Urban Decay's Naked2 Palette.

I saw a few posts about MAC dupes for Urban Decay and I have almost all of the dupes for Naked1 and 3. I only have 2 MAC dupes for Naked2. So I'm thinking buying the 2nd one will give me more colours and will be great for traveling (has all the basics).

Thanks so much for all the ideas! I really appreciate all of them.
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You can use the gift card for hair stuff, fragrance, and also makeup brushes, eye makeup remover stuff. They have neat travel size containers, and nail products. Depending on the gift card, you could get alot of stuff. Have you used it yet? Or you can use just a portion and save it for later.....they don't expire.
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sephora sells MAC.

Also, I've heard great things about the Urban Decay line.

Make sure you get a rewards card from Sephora (it's free). You get free gifts once you reach a certain amount of points ! You might have enough to get a free gift on your first purchase since it's so easy to spend a lot at Sephora.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Sephora does not sell MAC. Only place to get MAC is from MAC (whether it be an actual store, mini store in many The Bay stores or on their website).

Thanks for the tip about the card. I'll definitely sign up.

I went in yesterday to get the Naked2 palette and they are sold out of all 3 at my store. They put me on a call list so *fingers crossed* it won't take long.
    ROMEO and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

That's exciting! Definitely get the rewards cards, you get freebies on your birthday.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh this question is so up my alley. I own both the Naked 2 and 3 palettes and they are just both ok…they are good but I just use only one or two colours out of each. There are very many better palettes at Sephora. I have 3 Too Faced palettes and I recommend them more than the Naked palettes because I am not into sparkle and Too Faced is more day to day and, I feel, better quality for less money. If you are looking for a big palette like the Naked ones, I suggest Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, lots of good colours with minimal fallout. I very much recommend Tarte palettes. They are about 40 bucks and the quality is superb and the colours are gorgeous. The texture is smooth and the shadows last a very long time. Also when you go to Sephora ask for samples, especially skin care samples like Glam Glow and Origins. Fantastic products but very expensive. Sephora loves giving out samples and don't be afraid to ask, thats how they get people to come back and buy products. Have fun shopping and please let us know what you purchased!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chinook View Post
    Oh this question is so up my alley. I own both the Naked 2 and 3 palettes and they are just both ok…they are good but I just use only one or two colours out of each. There are very many better palettes at Sephora. I have 3 Too Faced palettes and I recommend them more than the Naked palettes because I am not into sparkle and Too Faced is more day to day and, I feel, better quality for less money. If you are looking for a big palette like the Naked ones, I suggest Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, lots of good colours with minimal fallout. I very much recommend Tarte palettes. They are about 40 bucks and the quality is superb and the colours are gorgeous. The texture is smooth and the shadows last a very long time. Also when you go to Sephora ask for samples, especially skin care samples like Glam Glow and Origins. Fantastic products but very expensive. Sephora loves giving out samples and don't be afraid to ask, thats how they get people to come back and buy products. Have fun shopping and please let us know what you purchased!
    Thanks so much!

I just checked out the 3 palettes you suggested. I like the colours in Tarte's "Golden Days and Sultry nights" but it doesn't have enough variety for me to buy it.

While looking at Too Faced I did see "The return of sexy eye" that looks good.

I like that Naked2 has blackout. I pretty much use black every day so I think I'd prefer any palette I buy to have black (I'm not big on dark browns).

Thanks for the sample suggestion! I will definitely do that!
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Mon, Jan 12th, 2015 at 03:58 PM.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Got my Naked 2 palette today
    Mia likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information