User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Canda Post delivered my order to wrong house? Rant

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I ordered some thing online and seller provided me with a CP (Canada Post) tracking number. It shown as delivered but I never received the package. I was home all day on the delivery day (Sunday) and did not hear door bell or knocking on the door.

I have already report to the seller right away and they said they had file a claim on my behalf and is still waiting for CP to investigate. In the mean time I am waiting in the dark. Not sure whose fault it is.

Was shipper put the correct address?
    Did CP delivered to the incorrect address provided by seller?
    Did CP lost my shipment and just put "delivered" ?
    Did CP have the right address but delivered to the wrong house?
    Did someone stole my parcel (Which I highly doubted bc I didn't hear knocking / door bell. Plus my family came home from shopping within 15 mins of the "delivered time" and would have seen the package if indeed were delivered to my house)

The 30 days is almost up, what should I do? Can I call my credit card company to stop payment? Could someone please point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Canada Post
    Last edited by Decaf; Sun, Jan 4th, 2015 at 11:42 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Canada Post doesn't deliver on Sundays, so that's really strange. Phone Canada Post if you had the tracking number and they should be able to find out. I'd also ask the shipper to confirm the address they sent it to.

If the package was insured, the post office will pay the seller for the package and the shipping price, and they should reimburse you that amount.

At least here in Alberta, there is no delivery on Saturday or Sunday.
    Last edited by Caelinsmomma; Sun, Jan 4th, 2015 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add
    Angela273 and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Seller does not provide phone number...communicating through emails only...and usually takes a few days to hear back from them.

It was early December so it's possible they do delivery on Sunday for X-mas rush.

According to CP, seller (sender) has to initiate the claim / investigation, not receiver.

Seller said they are waiting for answer from CP. It's CP's word against my word.

I don't know whose fault this is but I paid but didn't get my order.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caelinsmomma View Post
    Canada Post doesn't deliver on Sundays, so that's really strange. Phone Canada Post if you had the tracking number and they should be able to find out. I'd also ask the shipper to confirm the address they sent it to.

If the package was insured, the post office will pay the seller for the package and the shipping price, and they should reimburse you that amount.

At least here in Alberta, there is no delivery on Saturday or Sunday.
    CP has been delivering on Sat and Sun due to the holiday backlog. I've gotten parcels the last 2 sundays and family in Ontario got one last sunday. So it's definitely happening across the country.

I've had this happen before. The parcel has always made it's way to me. Usually the person realizes it's not for them and the address isn't right and then bring it over.

If you used pay pal open a complaint now. You can always close it later if the issue is resolved.
    Angela273, Decaf and momgoneawol like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I paid with credit card. Can I call them or only if it's Paypal. This happened in the first week of December, I am not positive that Sunday delivery started then.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Jan 5th, 2015 at 01:23 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sometimes you have to sign for the package, see if anyone signed for it..I know people have mentioned that parcels were left at people's doors, maybe someone took it!
    Decaf likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I paid with credit card. Can I call them or only if it's Paypal. This happened in the first week of December, I am not positive that Sunday delivery started then.
    Weekend delivery started in November for Ontario so it was definitely possible that you got a Sunday delivery, however none of my weekend deliveries were made by my regular mailman so the person may not know the area as well

I would call your CC company and let them know that CP is investigating, hopefully they will put a note on file so you can claim after the 30 days. Check back with the seller and ask them to follow up with CP as you need to let your CC company know what is going on to file a claim. They will likely refund you because claims against them can impact their CC agreements
    kidsteph, lecale and Decaf like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just got hung up by CC company. I select "dispute a charge" and then I hear "your call can not be complete at this time" hear a click sound and my phone got disconnected. WTF!!!!! The only time I EVER have a problem in the 20 years + and they hung up on me.

This is keep getting better and better. I will try calling CC company again.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I would be contacting the credit card company if it's been that long too. And the seller not responding asp is not ok in this situation, I sell and purchase a ton online, and I always respond right away.

I guess we've been unlucky here, I've been waiting on packages and watching the tracking, all the items sat around until today, I've had no weekend deliveries here in Edmonton.

good luck!
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks for all the replies!

This is a big company (Bluenotes) but their CS sucks bc they don't have telephone support, only email support and it takes days time to hear back from them.

Big mistake! I take my chances and order from them online instead of going to the mall. Will never buy anything online from them again.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Jan 5th, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I would contact the credit card company and let them know. As for the disconnect - it has happened to me too.

And I would keep calling Canada Post to track the package. I once had a package addressed to Calgary that got delivered to New Brunswick. It took two weeks but it was eventually found and re- delivered to the correct address. Canada Post gave me a refund on my shipping costs. But you have to contact them directly by phone.

The guy at the post office told me that if you are concerned about parcel safety - don't select safe drop and use your local post office address for delivery. He said that once it is delivered you will get an email and you can go to the post office to pick it up. I know that amazon.ca offers delivery to a post office as an option.
    Decaf and Kwala like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree, you should call the CC company and let them know what is happening. I don't know what is going on with Canada Post anymore. I think they have out sourced a lot of jobs. Our mail comes in the community mail boxes and a lot of the times it seems to come in the late evening and I never see the mail van. The mail woman is not wearing a uniform and the car she is driving is probably her own car as it does not have the Canada Post sign on it. Sometimes I will see her when I go home from work putting the mail in the boxes. My sample source and some other samples never showed up last year and I don't know what else went missing. Last month twice the mail boxes were open when I went to check the mail. It seems she had forgotten to lock them. I could have gone through any ones mail on our street.
    Decaf likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:37 AM.
    walkonby and Decaf like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was having major problems with CP as well. I was having parcels delivered to my neighbours house and more than one! My neighbour came to my door and handed me my package. It was a good thing too because it was really expensive. I had to call CP more than once to complain that my parcels and mail were going somewhere else. The kicker was I was receiving my neighbours mail as well.

So do I really trust CP? You can mildly say No.....
    Decaf likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information