User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Credit card fraud at Target!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just got an e-mail from my credit card company..they wanted me to go over some suspicious target charges!! Yesterday I had 3 separate charges all for around $127.00!!! I wasn't even at Target!! And I usually pay cash when I shop at Target because of their previous problems!!! Just wanted to let everyone know to keep your receipts, check your statements carefully and use cash if you can!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    ROMEO, hcao, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Be careful. Credit card companies do not email their customers. I hope you did not click on any links in that email.

Best to call your credit company right now.
    abbasgirl, ROMEO, Silk and 9 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I agree with Bumble B....call your credit card company right now.
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I get emails almost daily from "Apple" for iTunes purchases I definitely have not made. A total phisching scam - they are not personally addressed to me and also sent to an email address I do not have linked to my Apple account. I delete them right to the trash.

Be careful! Scammers try anything.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ya you have to be seriously careful. One time, my credit card company called me, and asked if I had been to Israel the past few days, I was like "Umm no, never been?" LOL. Someone in Israel got a hold of my credit card information and was making purchases. My credit card was with Capital One at the time and they were really good. They called me, didn't email me, right away, and of course I didn't have to pay for the purchases and got my new card like within 3 business days. But I agree, call your credit card company right away and see what they say.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks guys..yeah I'm aware of most scams and I don't click on anything or give info..I called the credit card company and told them I didn't make the purchases..they said it was used at a Target in Texas!! They will cancel my card and issue a new one..I won't be charged for the purchases..and I asked them how do they get the money back..they said they go after the people..there's cameras, they have the exact time it was used etc..they work with law inforcement..he didn't want to say much obviously..at least he's removing the charges....

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Awesome! at least it is one less thing you have to worry about!
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Glad it's all resolved.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 11:20 AM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm actually in shock that it was a legitimate email from your credit card company. IMHO they should have called you rather than sending an email. Just curious, which credit card company was it?

Good that it all worked out for you!
    abbasgirl, ROMEO, Silk and 9 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Glad it all turned out ok for you, SavvyLady

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post
    I'm actually in shock that it was a legitimate email from your credit card company. IMHO they should have called you rather than sending an email. Just curious, which credit card company was it?

Good that it all worked out for you!
    Ditto being shocked that they emailed. I also have the Target CC and it's a RBC MC.

I've had my CCs frauded a few times. Twice they called me and the last time - just last Sept/Oct - I caught it and called them. The first time they actually made a fake card and tried to use it in store - purchase was denied and the CC company called me same day. The second time my renewal card didn't reach me - was stolen by someone at UPS. This last time someone used it onine in Europe - a couple of small cash advances (have never done a CA in my life) - to test it out it appears - and then for online gambling.

I believe they get the $ back from the company that accepted the fraudulent charges - is that correct?

Silk
    ROMEO, macw1960, BumbleB and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

shocking the amount of fraud that happens to us all! So glad that yours was easily resolved SavvyLady!!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it possible that you got caught up in the Target security breach not that long ago. Millions of accounts were compromised at that time. Not just Target cards either.

It is strange that they emailed and not phone.. MY CC company would call me and not email. They tell us that all the time! At least you are not going to have to fight charges after the fact and it got caught in their fraud filters!
    Ciel, macw1960 and MillieH like this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Depends on the bank/CC company/ I get emails from mine with info. They don't have any links and ask me to go to my account for more info but they are aware a lot of people ignore phone calls from companies they don't know

Sounds like it is more like a compromised card issue than a Target issue though, last time mine was compromised they bought $122 in paint at a store in Edmonton. I mean really, it is worth stealing a CC for regular old house paint?
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Depends on the bank/CC company/ I get emails from mine with info. They don't have any links and ask me to go to my account for more info but they are aware a lot of people ignore phone calls from companies they don't know

Sounds like it is more like a compromised card issue than a Target issue though, last time mine was compromised they bought $122 in paint at a store in Edmonton. I mean really, it is worth stealing a CC for regular old house paint?
    hey FP, ours was used fraudulently for movies/treats at Cineplex and at McD's in Quebec!! lol!!!
    Silk, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hey FP, ours was used fraudulently for movies/treats at Cineplex and at McD's in Quebec!! lol!!!
    Someone had the munchies.

When I was young and stupid, I used an ATM in a strip club to buy drinks, first thing the next morning I had a call that my account was flagged with $500 "deposited and withdrawn"
    Seedy places call for seedy aftermath, naturally. Never did that again lol
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information