User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Good quality winter boots

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought new winter boots a month or two before Christmas. Columbia Ice Maiden winter boots. They feel lightweight and yet offer great support. There are treads on the bottom for ice/snow. My old boots were some no name brand I owned for 10 plus years. The support was giving out resulting in painful heels.
    Last edited by toban; Tue, Feb 10th, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Winter boot is very important for me,especially in the snow days. Skid resistance is the key factor for me. But this kind of boot is normally not fashion.So in my opinion, the suitable is the best. Hope you can find the suitable winter boot.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The goal: To create a definitive list of the best winter boots. First, we let's outline what makes a good winter boot:
    It must be waterproof. Powdery snow? Pfft. Try stepping in freezing, icy slush.
    It must be warm. Otherwise, what's the point?
    It must have a grippy, durable sole with lots of traction. Icy, slippery conditions abound.
    It shouldn't be so heavy and bulky that lifting your feet becomes a chore. It'swalking in a winter wonderland, not exhaustedly trudging in a winter wonderland.
    It should be available for purchase right now. Please don't tell us about the awesome boots you used to have that are now-discontinued. That's just mean.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and d.ot like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Really wish I could recall the name brand (boots are stored until next season now) but I bought a pair from a little shoe store downtown Oshawa called the Shoe Box and they are amazing. Fur lined knee-high leather boots. They keep my toes warm and dry for hours of walking, with only sport socks on and are dressy enough for suit pants while being casual enough for jeans. Bought them this January for $70.00. BUT he guarantees his shoes and will repair them so long as I have the receipt.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@GLP : thank you for your advice! I am currenlty looking for winter boots ...
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Middle of July and I am thinking about boots lol
    Dont want frozen toes!!! And winter will be here before long!
    raniastylist likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorel's are great! They are warm and they last! Uggs also makes waterproof boots also. I have a friend who has them and loves them.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@toban ,
    The key is to get boots that keep your feet dry / warm / and are waterproof. I see a lot of women wearing hugs and others just because everybody else is wearing it. Common sense has to prevail to protect yourself from frost bit. I like Columbia products, and have their jackets, backpacks, trail shoes (the one in the pic below) and boots

Name:  1572-Columbia-Men-s-Conspiracy-Outdry-Trail-Shoe-1.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  21.0 KB
    Here is a link with different kind of boots

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/398349-...2/#post6454567

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have Hunter boots for two winter
    Actually, they're not very warm for winter (even with the special socks), but they’re waterproof and ideal for early winter or spring

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Are any of these boots available in wide width? I find it hard to get waterproof winter boots that are for size 10 wide feet. I looked all last winter and could not find anything in stores or online. Good quality stuff seems to have disappeared....thank you made in China. I would love to get more than a year out of winter boots.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Are any of these boots available in wide width?  I find it hard to get waterproof winter boots that are for size 10 wide feet.  I looked all last winter and could not find anything in stores or online.  Good quality stuff seems to have disappeared....thank you made in China.  I would love to get more than a year out of winter boots.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorel or Columbia

/ close thread

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try to visit 6pm website. I usually order shoes here and always satisfied with quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information