User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: SDM - Buying 5 tooth brushes is violation of their term leads to Account Cancellation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patpond View Post
    Could it be the Oral B $20 MFG coupon that was floating around? People were using it to get the toothbrushes for $0
    I don't see a problem in using manufacturer coupons...
    Perhaps OP use other people's personalized offer? That would definitely against term.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada999 View Post
    Shoppers Drug Mart - Buying 5 tooth brushes is violation of their term leads to Account Cancellation

Our Optimum account plus years of accumulated Optimum Points is cancelled, the reason we were told that buying 5 tooth brushes is a violation of their terms, it exceeds its the household limit or something.

Long story short, we bought 5 tooth brushes in a purchase back in November 2014. Then sometime in December we found out our Optimum account is deleted when we called for other concerns.

There was no prior email, letter, or phone call informing us about the cancellation. We waited for more than a month before we were told that BUYING 5 tooth brushes is prohibited and our Optimum account is closed.
    Do you have a question? Is this just a rant?

http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comm...s_is/?sort=new
    uanoor, Decaf, LIVE SIMPLE and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Strange, SDM could have just stated that OP commit coupon fraud instead of the limit 5 excuse. More to the story I guess.
    amira84 and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada999 View Post
    No personalized coupons, only used original Manufacturing Coupon that were found next to the tooth brushes in the store.
    Did you speak to someone from head office? Surely account or not they would be willing to speak to you on this matter. If you did nothing wrong I'm sure this could be sorted out. I am quite loyal to sdm. I did use the oral be $20 coupon prior to someone posting that the toothbrushes were part of the vitality series. I feel bad about that but it wasn't willful misconduct. My account is still valid and I continue to shop there. I feel like the csrs are like refs..If I can't use a coupon they will tell me so.
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Also if I was going to loose my optimum account over the oral be, I'd be willing to pay those coupons back. I've gotten alot from optimum and would hate to lose it. My daughter won't come there with me because I linger way too long.
    amira84 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

There's no "Vitality" written anywhere on the "Pro Health For Me For Me For Sensitive Clean" toothbrush box so SDM can't penalize anyone for that. That's two different product.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    There's no "Vitality" written anywhere on the "Pro Health For Me For Me For Sensitive Clean" toothbrush box so SDM can't penalize anyone for that. That's two different product.
    Unfortunately, SDM can do whatever they want in any situation. But in this instance I don't think we're going to get all the facts lol.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 25th, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
    uanoor likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Believe it or not, there was no refund and return. I wouldn't be posting here If i didn't something wrong and they could not provided me a solid reason why my account is closed. I call out Shopper Drug mart to take me to court if I am slandering here. Please contact me and I challenge you !!!
    momof3heathens likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm sure head office people of Shoppers Drug Mart read these posts. You'll probably get a call from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What coupons did you use and what toothbrushes did you purchase?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And at the time of purchase was there any 'altercation' or 'heated discussion' with the staff around the purchase?

I'm curious as to 'the other concerns' and whether they center on customer service issues or your perceived issues with staff or policies?
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

This is what OP said from another site.

"I want to get more details as well from SDM. The tooth brush was $25.99 + tax each, the coupon was $20 off. so I paid like $9 each. They bascailly said the buying 5 or more tooth brushes exceed the household usage, I guess they assumed that buying 5 or more is for commerical use, which it is ridiculous. When I asked for more information like where they says that I couldn't buy 5 or more than, the rep just kept repeating their terms and policy that they can delete your account however they like"

So it's the Oral B Pro Health For Me. Anyone bought 5 on the same bill?

PS. I am not sure if I am allowed to quote from another site. If not please delete my post.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i personally don't have said coupon but could there be a chance it's written on the coupon a said limit per customer/person/household... these usually are something often enforced but it does on occasion happen.. and P&G has some of the strictest wording
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information