User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: SDM - Buying 5 tooth brushes is violation of their term leads to Account Cancellation

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i personally don't have said coupon but could there be a chance it's written on the coupon a said limit per customer/person/household... these usually are something often enforced but it does on occasion happen.. and P&G has some of the strictest wording
    There doesn't appear to be any limit. *sigh* upside down pic, I'll try to fix this
    (I can't see how to delete the upside down pic, I'm sorry!)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by dizzyb; Thu, Feb 12th, 2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: reloading pic
    ROMEO and Durham Couponer like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i personally don't have said coupon but could there be a chance it's written on the coupon a said limit per customer/person/household... these usually are something often enforced but it does on occasion happen.. and P&G has some of the strictest wording
    There was no limit on the coupons I used, and they were found next to the items at the SDM store
    ROMEO and peachies like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Humm.. So if I was to go buy 20 manual toothbrushes that are onsale for $1 .. I wouldn't be able to apply my 20 - $1 off coupon .. Making them free ... has anyone ever done this?
    ROMEO likes this.
    Seeking $10 or $15 Similac Formula Cheques!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

There was a coupon a few years ago.. I don't remember the name or amount but it made vitamins free with some to spare.. there were no issues using this. There was also a $1 Vim that made Vim free.. the toothbrushes weren't free though, so I don't know what the issue would be. Volume wouldnt apply as you can't exceed store limits without the stores' permission.. I did a max redemption once, getting $200 worth of Royale TP .. I spoke to the manager and pre-ordered so it wouldn't make inventory low for other customers. No issues at the store or with the points people.. Either someone made a mistake or there is more information that isn't being provided.
    ROMEO, engo, LIVE SIMPLE and 3 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I previously bought 12 reach toothbrushes for $.88 used $1 coupons reduced to $.88 paid tax,this was a year back.Many times I bought eggs 3 or 4 instead of 2 ,getting curious on this.
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I honestly think that some accounts just get picked. Almost "Randomly" if you know what I mean. I've heard of this happening before, and how those people get chosen over the ones who made the same purchase was unknown. I think the OP just got screwed and I think it can happen to any of us that purchase multiples. JMO
    ROMEO and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

5 items of anything is not excessive. It's not like OP buying 50 toothbrushes. Even if the CSR was on a "power trip" I still think to cancel and confiscate someone's points / account has to go through a "reviewing" approval procedure from higher up. It has to have a valid reason for the cancellation. That's why phone conversation are recorded, companies can't just take their employee's word for it.
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, Jan 27th, 2015 at 03:41 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would really like to know if there were any issues at the time of purchase. It's very difficult to randomly pick and audit accounts for misuse - esp. if it's related to manufacturer versus SDM coupons. I'm much more inclined to think that a store manager would start the process and pass on concerns over incidents within their store. I manage a very large customer facing group and it's really hard to review compliance and most of the time things come to my attention via other channels.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    I would really like to know if there were any issues at the time of purchase. It's very difficult to randomly pick and audit accounts for misuse - esp. if it's related to manufacturer versus SDM coupons. I'm much more inclined to think that a store manager would start the process and pass on concerns over incidents within their store. I manage a very large customer facing group and it's really hard to review compliance and most of the time things come to my attention via other channels.
    You could be right...and maybe the OP has no idea either. They could've had a normal shopping experience, used 5 coupons and was told to have a wonderful day. It could've been hrs later that the manager reported something...So many scenarios
    momof3heathens likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    There was a coupon a few years ago.. I don't remember the name or amount but it made vitamins free with some to spare.. there were no issues using this. There was also a $1 Vim that made Vim free.. the toothbrushes weren't free though, so I don't know what the issue would be. Volume wouldnt apply as you can't exceed store limits without the stores' permission.. I did a max redemption once, getting $200 worth of Royale TP .. I spoke to the manager and pre-ordered so it wouldn't make inventory low for other customers. No issues at the store or with the points people.. Either someone made a mistake or there is more information that isn't being provided.
    Was that the $10 Multibionta (sp) printable and insert coupon?
    thriftymom75 likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was no issue when I made the purchase, the cashier called her manger and validated the coupons, in and out like no more than 4 mins.

If there is any doubt about my claim, feel free to direct SDM here or write/call them yourself, and you can post their response here.

Questions like:

Does it consider violation against their terms and policy to buy multiple toothbrushes/items with manufacture coupons when the coupon itself permits.
    Last edited by Canada999; Wed, Jan 28th, 2015 at 08:25 AM.
    peachies and ottawacouponlady like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

When I worked at a call center and worked on various contracts - there is a program that they all used that would scan nightly for any fraudulent, suspicious or for one contract people buying multiples items numerous times & possible selling for personal gain.
    I asked my facebook friend - we play games together - she use to work for Shoppers call center taking in calls - she said they use a similar program but she didn't know the details. She said they don't cancel accounts that easily so there is something else going on. Possible this account was redflaged by the program, a case was made and investigated and someone cancelled it. One contract I worked - once reflagged - we blocked IP addresses and any similar email addresses.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    When I worked at a call center and worked on various contracts - there is a program that they all used that would scan nightly for any fraudulent, suspicious or for one contract people buying multiples items numerous times & possible selling for personal gain.
    I asked my facebook friend - we play games together - she use to work for Shoppers call center taking in calls - she said they use a similar program but she didn't know the details. She said they don't cancel accounts that easily so there is something else going on. Possible this account was redflaged by the program, a case was made and investigated and someone cancelled it. One contract I worked - once reflagged - we blocked IP addresses and any similar email addresses.

Nothing made sense for my case. There was another incident that another store messed up my purchase, I filed a complaint and the store called me back to apologize and rectified the issue in my satisfaction. This was not a related issued and it has already resolved.
    Last edited by Canada999; Thu, Jan 29th, 2015 at 08:12 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Did you buy them on 20x points day?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm wondering if this is a case where SDM accepted the coupon when it wasn't valid for the product bought...and when they claimed the coupon they were denied (coupon company did a coupon audit found there was not enough of the proper product sold..) and so SDM looked into who made the purchase using the coupons then cancelled the account

to me this isn't a case of buying 5 tooth brushes these were not your average tooth brush and this was not your average coupon being used
    anastasia1009 and maiyuu like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information