User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Amazon.ca selling Kirkland (Costco) products. No membership:-)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, Jan 1st, 2018
    Costco's store brand is Kirkland Signature.
    They range from vitamins, to coffee filters, to coffee pods.
    You can buy Kirkland Signature products at costco.ca, without a membership, and with shipping costs included.
    http://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?l...tBy=PriceMin|0

You can also buy Kirkland Signature products at amazon.ca, without a membership, and free shipping when you spend $xx at amazon.ca
    http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_...nd%2Caps%2C472

There are more Kirkland Signature products at amazon.ca, ranging from maple syrup, to vitamins, to baby wipes to garbage bags.

This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Costco
    ticul and padyofurniture like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

But they don't have Costco chocolate muffins - the ones that are really just chocolate cake in disguise!
    janetta, Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    But they don't have Costco chocolate muffins - the ones that are really just chocolate cake in disguise!

looks like they are just starting
    they may add more later
    amazon.com has tons more than amazon.ca
    Natalka and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some of the home remedy type meds I buy in the US are still well overpriced. I normally buy the anti-diarrheal 400ct at Sams Club for around $7 USD and the ranitidine 200ct is priced around $8 USD at Walmart. Needless to say, I stock up on the ranitidine when I'm in the US.

I haven't gone through all the items, but the fact that you can purchase elsewhere is good for those who don't have a Costco membership (or Gift Card).
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    I haven't gone through all the items, but the fact that you can purchase elsewhere is good for those who don't have a Costco membership (or Gift Card).
    Yes. It's nice to have options, especially when we are losing Target.
    I think Amazon is trying very hard to compete.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Kirkland seaweed, Kirkland peanut-cashew chews, Kirkland European biscuits/cookies, Kirkland batteries
    http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_pg_5?r...qid=1422221631
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jan 25th, 2015 at 05:58 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

earn enough swagbucks for $5 amazon gift cards, to get free products at amazon.ca

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/130108-...v2-canada-154/
    ticul likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But some of the prices are outrageous!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Costco's store brand is Kirkland Signature.
    They range from vitamins, to coffee filters, to coffee pods.
    You can buy Kirkland Signature products at costco.ca, without a membership, and with shipping costs included.
    OK, but did you notice... the items listed on Amazon.ca NOT being sold *BY* Amazon ?? They are being sold by third party sellers on Amazon.ca -- not exactly the same thing.

What's the difference between third party sellers and Amazon.ca? ...

You can also buy Kirkland Signature products at amazon.ca, without a membership, and free shipping when you spend $xx at amazon.ca
    Primarily, it means they do NOT qualify for the free shipping from Amazon, nor Prime shipping (except in a couple of rare cases where the seller is using Amazon to ship their items... and all I see are the coffee pods and kitchen bags, which are twice the the cost that they are in-store at Costco usually around $17) -- Which makes my next point:

There are more Kirkland Signature products at amazon.ca, ranging from maple syrup, to vitamins, to baby wipes to garbage bags.
    The price differences between the sellers on Amazon and Costco are outrageous. Baby wipes are $26 from Costco... they are $45 from the seller "classydeals23" on Amazon. The AA batteries are $19 at Costco... they are $29 + $6 shipping from the seller "Canadian Varieties" on Amazon.

And yes, in many cases you'll also be paying shipping charges because (again), these items are NOT eligible for Amazon free super saver shipping if they are sold by a third party and aren't shipped by Amazon.

Sorry to burst your bubble Shwa Girl. But it's very important to note that because the items appear on Amazon, that their marketplace is not necessarily items being sold BY Amazon.

-
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Jan 25th, 2015 at 07:20 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm thinking some of these items are US products anyways. I've definitely not seen a good many in store.
    Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And that's the other kick, pady... good observation.

The sellers that appear on Amazon.ca aren't necessarily located in Canada.

Case in point: The seller "Maple Leaf Naturals" (who seems to be the one carrying most of the vitamins and supplements) -- while sounding like a good Canadian name, is actually located in California (if you check their seller bio). That being said, you might have difficulty having medicinal items shipped into Canada.
    Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    And that's the other kick, pady... good observation.

The sellers that appear on Amazon.ca aren't necessarily located in Canada.

Case in point: The seller "Maple Leaf Naturals" (who seems to be the one carrying most of the vitamins and supplements) -- while sounding like a good Canadian name, is actually located in California (if you check their seller bio). That being said, you might have difficulty having medicinal items shipped into Canada.
    There is an option to choose amazon.ca products, would alleviate this problem, I think
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble Shwa Girl. But it's very important to note that because the items appear on Amazon, that their marketplace is not necessarily items being sold BY Amazon.
    No worries.
    No bubbles were burst.
    Just more options for Canadians, especially those who are unable to got to Costco.
    It's all good.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    But some of the prices are outrageous!!!
    some items are not 1 only
    some items are 10 or 20
    check the quantities
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

but as already noted... Amazon.ca is not selling ANY of the Kirkland items listed on their site, themselves... not a one. Every single one of them are sold by third-party sellers.

The few that are "shipped by Amazon.ca" are still third-party sellers who have opted to lease warehouse space from Amazon and have Amazon ship on their behalf. But these items are limited.

Keep in mind, Costco is, for all intents and purposes, a competitor to Amazon. Amazon isn't going to start buying Kirkland products and selling them on their own website themselves. That wouldn't make any smart business sense.

On the other hand, Amazon DOES open up their site to a third-party marketplace, who are individually responsible for the products they list and sell, and must deal with any customer support issues without involving Amazon. Amazon makes a commission off each of those sales, so they aren't going to hurt that relationship by restricting what items those people sell.

As well, sellers can list on Amazon.ca but they don't have to be located in Canada to do so. So you might be dealing with shipments coming from the US or elsewhere. Shipping pain killers and vitamins might be problematic, as might some of the food items.

I find it's a common misconception (not just here, but among a lot people I speak to) that just because it appears on Amazon, it's being sold by Amazon. And that's just not the case.

It wasn't my intent be argumentative, I just thought people should be aware of the major differences -- and that certain Amazon perks (ie: Free shipping, etc) don't apply to most of these items.

But yes, I agree... it's an option for people who dont have access to Costco.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Jan 25th, 2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Shwa Girl, hijinx25, ticul and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information