• 1 Post By Stifler
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 1 Post By Stifler
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 1 Post By trishka
  • 2 Post By greeny
  • 2 Post By terry2144
  • 2 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Breath Right Nasal Strips-Caused a bruise on my nose!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hi Everyone,

I had/have a bad cold over the weekend, still, kind of going through it. I couldn't breath a few nights ago, and, tried the Breath Right Nasal Strips. Good news is, they worked for a bit, helped with my stuffed up nose, but, when I woke up and looked in the mirror the next day, I saw a black/blue looking thing underneath the Breath Right Strip on my nose? I thought maybe something got stuck under it while was sleeping, you know blanket fuze or something. But when I took the strip off, I noticed it was actually a bruise!

It was a tiny one, but still you could notice it. So now I have a little bruise outline on the top of my nose because of the strip! They worked, don't get me wrong, but, I don't appreciate the bruise that was left on my nose from it! I would rather just put Vick under my nose then to get a bruise again. Will not for sure be using them again!

FYI-I used the clear ones that I got as a sample.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
    greeny and terry2144 like this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You must of pressed too hard on your nose.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I didn't even press hard. I think it happened while i was sleeping, maybe the way i was sleeping effected it. But, either way, most people use this while they sleep. I will never use them again.
    Stifler likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are difficult to stay on...I remember when I used them I took it off bc it wouldn't stay on.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It stayed, but, left a bruise! UGH never again. Like i said good old Vicks is better.
    Stifler likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You may have been using one that was too small and then when you slept, the pressure of the strip against your nose caused a bruise.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    You may have been using one that was too small and then when you slept, the pressure of the strip against your nose caused a bruise.
    I don't think it was to small, it didn't hurt me or anything when i placed in on my nose, and, before i feel a sleep i didn't feel anything wrong with it. Either never again lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use them when I have a cold and they work well. I buy them on eBay for significantly less than what they sell in stores
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used one once and had to take it off after a few hours as I couldn't sleep. That thing was so hard to take off. My nose looked swollen after taking it off. Good thing I didn't wait until the morning to take it off or I would have had to leave the house that way !

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I used one once and had to take it off after a few hours as I couldn't sleep. That thing was so hard to take off. My nose looked swollen after taking it off. Good thing I didn't wait until the morning to take it off or I would have had to leave the house that way !
    Thanks for the laugh! Probably not funny at the time.
    greeny and saveadollardiva like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    DH has this problem too when he uses them. The adhesive on them pulls a layer of skin off your nose with it.

We could never figure out why they only worked half the time or less for him and its because he is a mouth snore-er as opposed to a nose snore-er. Sounds funny but think about it as I never knew there were two different ways to snore. So obviously they don't work for his snoring.

When I've had a stuffy nose I've tried using them too and they don't work at all for me.
    greeny and saveadollardiva like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Thread Information