User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Another Canada Post story

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Wow...I am glad I don't work for some of you folks.

Before calling the integrity of the letter carrier and office staff into question one should wait for the investigation to be completed.
    I have to agree with you.
    It seems like any time something doesn't arrive people are automatically blaming the Canada Post employee for stealing it. Shame on you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good for Amazon to refund.
    ROMEO likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosHockey View Post
    It seems like any time something doesn't arrive people are automatically blaming the Canada Post employee for stealing it. Shame on you!
    Well it is Canada Post's fault usually - just not always stolen. We have had ooops it must have fallen through the cracks mail before from CP months after it was mailed xpresspost
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    If Amazon asked for a signature on every shipment, they wouldn't offer free delivery at $25. Adding the signature costs money and they just don't do it on standard shipping, there is also nothing stopping your mail carrier from signing a signature should they be the one stealing it. We get lots of mail at work and we sign for the bag but the people see CPC as the signature as they update it later. They have one authentic signature should someone ever question a lost package, but the sender doesn't see it.

If you choose express/priority shipping with Amazon, it usually has a signature confirmation
    Who is talking about every shipment ? We are talking about an Ipad here , a very expensive product . Its surely stupid of Amazon to not ask for a signature for that.

So should they just drop an expensive shipment on the porch and take off ? ..bcoz they want to FREE delivery for $ 25 + ?

WM also does FREE delivery for each & every product & it doesn't have to be even $ 25 + ..there is no minimum. They ask for signature for expensive products, only cheap products are dropped off without signature. BB/FS does the same.

Amazon should do the same for expensive products , they are not doing anyone any favours..the price is already built into the FREE shipping at $ 25 + & they have factored all that in.
    ROMEO, walkonby and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosHockey View Post
    Yup ..CP actually has one of the most honest workers. Proper background checks are done. Theft is not as common as its made out to be. They move billions of letters/packs each yr ..so percentage wise its a very neglible amount.

Usually the theft is by some opportunist thief who sees the product on the porch & swipes it , & not the CP employee. Its not the CP employees fault that the retailer , who shipped the product didn't want a signature , so they leave it on the porch , if no one is at home.

Not talking about this particular case i.e the OP's & Amazon's case , but just in general.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    Just heard back from Amazon. They are going to refund us the money.
    They were just foolishly suspecting you initially and were just ignorantly assuming you were lying , as some customer's do that.

But when you filed a police complaint , police phone number , police badge etc ..they realised you are honest & genuine & hence they are promptly refunding the money
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    So should they just drop an expensive shipment on the porch and take off ? ..bcoz they want to FREE delivery for $ 25 + ?

WM also does FREE delivery for each & every product & it doesn't have to be even $ 25 + ..there is no minimum. They ask for signature for expensive products, only cheap products are dropped off without signature. BB/FS does the same.
    Last year, my Mom's tv died, so I ordered her a new one from WM. Luckily, I was chatting on the phone with her and happened to check the update which said the package was out for delivery. She decided to go downstairs to see whether the mailman had arrived. She found the mailman debating whether he should leave the tv outside the building door because there was no signature required, so he could in theory just leave it there (he hadn't tried to buzz her or take it to her door). In the end, he let my Mom have her tv, but didn't even offer to help her carry it to her door.

As for Amazon, a few years ago, I ordered a dvd set that went missing. It took a week or so of waiting, before Amazon resent a new package (this time by courier). 6 months later, the original dvd set arrived. asked Amazon what I should do with the original, and they let me keep it (my bff's brother & kids were thrilled to have hours of entertainment).
    ROMEO, walkonby and GatineauGirl like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Wow...I am glad I don't work for some of you folks.

Before calling the integrity of the letter carrier and office staff into question one should wait for the investigation to be completed.

Mail Carriers make over $20 / an hour and they only require a high school education. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Mail Carriers make a lot of money for unskilled labour. They only require a high school education t o do their job, yet they get paid over $2 an hour.

This s poor use of taxpayers money.

Canada Post lose things in the mail often, probably due to high volumes they handle . The workers seem irresponsible even though they are all adults !!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Who is talking about every shipment ? We are talking about an Ipad here , a very expensive product . Its surely stupid of Amazon to not ask for a signature for that.

Amazon should do the same for expensive products , they are not doing anyone any favours..the price is already built into the FREE shipping at $ 25 + & they have factored all that in.
    I have had expensive packages sent without signature from WM, I have only ever signed for ome thing from WM - a replacement item they forgot in my original order, worth $3

I prefer the way well.ca does it, they ask if you want it left at the door, you check yes or no
    GatineauGirl likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra Lemieux View Post
    Mail Carriers make a lot of money for unskilled labour. They only require a high school education t o do their job, yet they get paid over $2 an hour.

Canada Post lose things in the mail often, probably due to high volumes they handle . The workers seem irresponsible even though they are all adults !!
    Canada Post is a crown corp and actually costs the tax payers very little (in fact many years they have contributed, not cost money)

The govt stepped in to ensure its profitability long term with community boxes, but right now it is not a use of tax payers money. To say that all workers are irresponsible is just unfair. There are great postal workers out there, just as there are poor ones - the same as in any organization
    couponlady and CrazyQT like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What a degrading post if I've ever seen one.

If you stop and think how hard the postal workers work you'd be surprised. It may not be a "skilled" job but it's a labour intensive job walking in snow storms up peoples sidewalks that are covered in snow and ice, walking in rain, snow, hail, sleet extreme heat etc. Not only do they deliver door to door but they also have to do pick up and drop off of packages at sub depots etc.

I am personally thankful for my postal worker. I know he works very hard for his $20/ per hour (which isn't that much IMO)
    couponlady and Gazpache like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Mail Carriers make over $20 / an hour and they only require a high school education. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

Seriously? I'm not a big fan of Canada Post myself but attacking the mail carriers based on their education and the amount of money they make is really low. There are good and bad people in every line of work...but I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush.
    couponlady and CrazyQT like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information