User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Another Canada Post story

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Last week hubby ordered an IPad from Amazon for somebody to be delivered on Thursday at his work. He checked the status yesterday and it said it was delivered. The receptionist wasn't there yesterday so he waited till today to ask if she got the IPad but no she didn't know anything about it. He called CP to check who signed for it and was told that signature was not required and if he didn't get it, then he should contact Amazon. He contacted Amazon and they told him it is not their problem once the delivery has been made and he should try to resolve it with CP and if that does not work, he should file a police report. If it is not resolved at that point contact them back with the police report. Anyways, he contacted Police and was told somebody would call him back. I told him to contact the credit card company but he wants to wait for the call from police. I think this will be eventually solved but it just creates a lot of hassle and stress for no reason. I would have thought signature would be mandatory for something like that. I also don't know why he bought it from Amazon when it was cheaper to buy it from Target as you were getting a gift card as well but that is a different problem.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Apple, Canada Post, Target
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

CP's policy is sender would be the one to contact / initiate a claim. The seller should contact CP and open an investigation on behalf of the receiver. They should provide proof that the item was sent to the correct address ect...just bc it was delivered does not mean they can wash their hands off. You should demand a proof of delivery from seller (they would have to contact CP to obtain that info.) What if they put the incorrect address on the shipping label? Also there's $100 insurance included with sending the parcel they can claim for lost parcel.

Also is the seller Amazon or Amazon third party seller?
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, Jan 27th, 2015 at 03:25 PM.
    ROMEO, Anna Michele, Kwala and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Amazon is also at fault . Why didn't they demand that CP should insist on a signature on delivery for such an expensive product ?

In my books its more Amazon's fault & less CP's fault.

Amazon is the one who took your money & not CP , so they should ensure that from start to finish they are in charge of it. And if something happens , where the product is not delivered , they should mail you a new product.

They should then sort it out between them & CP . Why should you be responsible for it ?
    ROMEO, GoJays, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit this is why i hate buying stuff online... it's too easy for stuff to go missing in transit then it's a game of "who's to blame" is it the seller or the shipper and they always point fingers at the other... and god forbid you are not a stay at home person.. having to go wait in a line for a half hour to pick up a package at a depot and hope it's at a place where you don't have to pay for parking

i do hope you get this resolved quickly without too much hassle maybe someone at his work has it sitting on their desk and grabbed the package when it arrived to hand to your hubby
    ROMEO, Ciel, keeko1 and 4 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh no! Big wok!
    ROMEO and Kwala like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's crazy!
    ROMEO and Kwala like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well, the police report is filed. We gave Amazon the report number but they want the link to the report. We gave them the police officers name, badge number and phone number. We are told it will take Amazon three business days to look into the matter and get back to us, don't know what that means but I guess we will find out by Friday what is going to happen.
    ROMEO, Ciel and terry2144 like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hate CP! Who's to say the driver didn't take it for all we know. There should be a signature on every shipment, no matter how big or small it is. If there was a signature, it would have been a lot easier to solve.
    ROMEO, Tweets77, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

We called American Express last night as well but they said they are not responsible if you didn't get the delivery. If it was in our possession and got stolen their insurance would cover it. I told my husband that he would probably have to dispute the charges and not to pay the bill as we received the CC statement last night as well. He is going to wait until next week to see if CP or/and Amazon resolve this before disputing the amount. There are cameras in the lobby but the police doesn't want to do anything.

What seems odd about it being delivered is the time of delivery. The office opens at 8.30 and the delivery time shown by CP is 8.32. So CP managed to get there as soon as the office opened and marked it delivered.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I work in an office, and, CP has done that to us many times. Our front office doesn't open until 8am. I am usually at work earlier then that. So I walk in, open our office, around 7 something in the morning, and, then, as I am about to sit down at my desk i see a CP guy coming to the door.... He had a package for one of our departments. I told him I would sign for it, but, told him that we fully didn't open until 8am. He says to me "Oh I know, but, I was in this area and just wanted to see if anyone was around to sign for it a bit earlier" I was like, well, if I was not here then what would have you done? He told me he would have come back at 8AM. So you have to be careful with some of these CP guys. I think the driver took it in my opinion.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Wed, Jan 28th, 2015 at 01:01 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel and Kwala like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If Amazon asked for a signature on every shipment, they wouldn't offer free delivery at $25. Adding the signature costs money and they just don't do it on standard shipping, there is also nothing stopping your mail carrier from signing a signature should they be the one stealing it. We get lots of mail at work and we sign for the bag but the people see CPC as the signature as they update it later. They have one authentic signature should someone ever question a lost package, but the sender doesn't see it.

If you choose express/priority shipping with Amazon, it usually has a signature confirmation
    ROMEO, Ciel, Kwala and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

How much do you trust the secretary? Maybe she did receive it and is just saying she didn't?
    princessjen, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Wow...I am glad I don't work for some of you folks.

Before calling the integrity of the letter carrier and office staff into question one should wait for the investigation to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    How much do you trust the secretary? Maybe she did receive it and is just saying she didn't?
    Last edited by DianneS; Wed, Jan 28th, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Just heard back from Amazon. They are going to refund us the money.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    Just heard back from Amazon. They are going to refund us the money.
    Well, I think that is "mighty big," of Amazon.ca! Exceptional customer service, IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information