User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By secheltsaver
  • 1 Post By CrazyQT

Thread: Rexall replaced our Shoppers :(

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Our Shoppers was one of the locations sold,and was bought by Rexall.They apparently offer Airmiles as their customer loyalty points program,but I am unfamiliar with any advantages to having an Airmiles card.Does anyone have any tips or hints about this program?I won't be using my Optimum card again as the nearest Shoppers is now an expensive ferry ride + over an hour away
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Pharmaplus, Pharmaprix, Rexall PharmaPlus, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't use the program but have noticed weekend offers for AM depending on minimum purchase amounts. Sometimes there are AM coupon offers or bonus AM promotions. The fine print usually excludes certain items from counting towards the minimum purchase.
    http://www.rexall.ca/special-offers/air-miles-card

Other companies offering Air Miles:
    https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Sponso...=2#featuredTop

Sobeys also offers AM. There's a thread in Finance about loyalty program offers.
    Today Club Sobeys e-mailed me about transferring their points over to Air Miles. 14 CS equals 1 AM. Well, since I donated my points last year, I have not racked up additional CS points.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Donate your Optimum points to a charity online through your Optimum account unless you have someone else you can transfer points to.
    You are one year ahead of the rest of us in terms of Optimum winding down!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    Our Shoppers was one of the locations sold,and was bought by Rexall.They apparently offer Airmiles as their customer loyalty points program,but I am unfamiliar with any advantages to having an Airmiles card.Does anyone have any tips or hints about this program?I won't be using my Optimum card again as the nearest Shoppers is now an expensive ferry ride + over an hour away
    You earn air miles for shopping with a store that offer air miles. Rexall, Safeway, Old Navy, Rona etc all offer air miles. Once you earn 95 reward miles, you can get $10 off your purchase at any of the air miles store. You get more air miles if you purchase those items with bonus air miles. Signup with AirMiles at https://www.airmiles.ca/.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am a big SDM shopper but I like Rexall too, there is one close to my house so I pop in for random bits

There is a $2 wus $20 coupon you can get for completing a survey (valid all year)
    I get $5 wus $25 coupons with my receipt about 1/2 the time I shop there
    They usually have a 20-25x or 50 Air Miles deal WUS $50 on weekends

It is certainly not as high value as SDM for rewards but better than earning nothing
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thank you everyone.I don't think there's any other stores that offer Airmiles here,except maybe Shell Gas in the next town.I'll likely shop at Rexall,since there isn't a lot of choice here and they retained the grocery/cold case area of the old Shoppers.Apparently,they are going to use this area as a trial for expanding their grocery selection,since our Shoppers had the highest volume dairy/cold case sales for the B.C. lower mainland.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Donate your Optimum points to a charity online through your Optimum account unless you have someone else you can transfer points to.
    You are one year ahead of the rest of us in terms of Optimum winding down!
    Optimum is not winding down. It's one of the most popular rewards program out there.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Thread Information